Varying prices for massage

zitsky

I see they are now charging different prices for different times of day.  It's now about $210 for a 50 minute massage, including gratuities. It was advertised as a $140 massage which became $210 after new pricing and gratuity.

Yet another reason I have been sailing more on new Royal ships.  I booked a massage on Allure for $140 including the mandatory tip.  Still expensive but not grossly so.  Prices do vary depending on the time and whether it is a port or a sea day.

The prices are lower on port days and on off peak hours.  The prices also vary by length of massage. On our upcoming cruise 50 minute deep tissue massage (Off Peak Hours)  is $142.99 the 100 minute deep tissue massage not Off Peak is $239.   That’s not usual.

I seem to have difficulty getting my tier percentage off.  I do book before I get onboard, but why should I have to go to Guest Services for my discount?  This time, I will try to get all my discounts when I first board.  If someone has a system that works, please share...thanks!

Edited by Lastdance

We look for port pricing..esp b/c we stay on board for at least one port day.

The new grat is annoying but  if I go no.one will get anything extra or a  product sale!

I think E Class has diff provider that other ships which may have Canyin Ranch..they are bad. 

Not sure..have not cruised since Covid.  Not sure I will book  spa services anymore post Covid but will seek best price.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I thought the grat amount was raised..so would not give extra

Please let me know???

To me I see $140 as the base price.  X chooses to change it based on time.  So it becomes $175.  Then add tip to make it $210.  

How much extra do people give for a massage on top of those prices?  30% 40%???

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

To me I see $140 as the base price.  X chooses to change it based on time.  So it becomes $175.  Then add tip to make it $210.  

How much extra do people give for a massage on top of those prices?  30% 40%???

Can’t speak for others but unless it is exceptional and they listen when I tell them at the start “I don’t want to buy any product so please no selling”  then no extra over the 18%.  

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Can’t speak for others but unless it is exceptional and they listen when I tell them at the start “I don’t want to buy any product so please no selling”  then no extra over the 18%.  

i think I said no twice then they stopped last time.

When we first get on board, they have offered 5-10 minutes complimentary neck and shoulder massages. Afterwards, it was a time to make a deal.  Of course, they steer to the down times but the savings can be good.