Table for two for breakfast/lunch?

mafig

As soon as you arrive, simply advise that you'd like a table for two. You may get someone who's pouty about it, but if there are any available you should be able to sit there. The ONLY acceptable reason for an answer of "No" would be that all tables for two are occupied. In that case, ask if you could be seated at a table for four, and no one else be seated there.

My table-for-two MUST-have is at dinner. I'm generally wiped and don't have the energy to be sociable.

To tables for two, Carla

We always ask for a table for two at breakfast as I take awhile to wake up and just don't feel like making a lot of conversation with strangers at that time of the day. I know it is antisocial but I just can't help it and it seems to be getting worse as I get older!

Anyhow we are always accommodated and by the end of the meal I am back to my normal chatty self.

Jennie

Can you get a table for two in the dining room for breakfast and/or lunch?

We will be on Volendam.

On our recent Oosterdam cruise, we went to the dining room for breakfast one time. They tried to seat us at a very small oval table (for 6) that already had 2 couples there. I put my foot down and said "No way, the table is too small for 6 people". The staff didn't like it but after several conferences placed us at an adjoining table (oval for 6) where we were all alone. I did notice there were other singles or couples at larger tables than ours.

I don't eat in the dining room in the morning if I am feeling anti social. ;)

My balcony/stateroom is the best place on those days.

We also like to have breakfast on our own in nice surroundings. Just because I take a little time to feel like chatting, doesn't mean we have to eat in our cabin. :o We also like being waited on and being able to choose what we would like for breakfast.

We have just returned from a 21 day trip to Antarctica and we had a table for 2 at every breakfast. :):)

Jennie

The thing that irritated me on HAL was that sometimes when we did not ask for a table for two, we'd be given a larger table by ourselves. That would have been fine if they had brought others soon afterward. But what would end up happening is that we'd be halfway through breakfast and lunch before they'd bring another couple. I found it awkward to be eating dessert while others are waiting for their entrees.

When you arrive in the Formal Dining Room or now on Holland America the lido with service...:D

Ask what type of seating you want and if you do want more tablemates tell the Breakfast Captain then ..

We have had many times we wanted to be with people so we were.. as of yet we never have sat alone in the Formal Seating Locations..

If you want to eat in your rooms you may by getting Room Service and/or collecting your vitals and going back to your room..

Choice is such a wonderful and useful word..

:eek:

Whenever we go to have breakfast or lunch in the dining room, we always ask for a table for 2 - never had a problem getting one.

I agree. On any ship, I always request a table for 2. I have had some who attempted to ignore the request, but that is my preference and I will wait until I get it.

Archived