Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

On 8/7/2022 at 5:38 AM, flamingos said:

Every time.  They went back and washed their hands.

That's encouraging!   If society could also do something about litterers, dog/cat owners that don't pick up, condo dwellers that blast the music, ..    😃     😃    😃  

• Like 1

I'm thinking the cruise line needs to announce the new post-August 14th testing requirements within the next day or so, because those leaving on Monday the 15th need to know if they need to go for testing starting this Friday?  Or is that expecting too much advance notice from Royal Caribbean?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

I'm thinking the cruise line needs to announce the new post-August 14th testing requirements within the next day or so, because those leaving on Monday the 15th need to know if they need to go for testing starting this Friday?  Or is that expecting too much advance notice from Royal Caribbean?

I think they are paying attention to the ever-changing situation and are trying to figure out what it best for their bottom line.   We'll see what comes next.

On 8/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, Jimbo said:

Difference is if you are going to get someone sick at least they are at home , instead of stuck on a cruise ship in a tiny cabin that they paid a lot of money for which they thought was for a vacation and ruined it for them and got them infected.

Take a simple test like the cruise lines want right now and don't complain about, it's not a big deal. If the cruise lines don't require the tests at a later time then it's  fine.

In the end you have a choice, if you don't like doing what they are asking, don't cruise at this time.

And you think testing is going to stop someone from passing on Covid? Look no further than the President, who has received the vaccine and two boosters - as have those around him- and they are all tested routinely. He still has had Covid twice in the last month. Let’s use our thinking caps…

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ranger28 said:

And you think testing is going to stop someone from passing on Covid? Look no further than the President, who has received the vaccine and two boosters - as have those around him- and they are all tested routinely. He still has had Covid twice in the last month. Let’s use our thinking caps…

Just trying to cut down the odds of someone getting me sick on  a vacation I spent a lot of money on. My vacation time means a lot to me I only get so much time per year.......? For someone that has unlimited funds and time to take vacations this doesn't matter to.   

Testing  takes only a matter of minutes, why not do it. Correct it will not catch all infected, but if it catches some it is well worth the time. 

Use your thinking cap on that.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Interesting, the app has changed over the last day and all the stuff related to the Vaccine verification is gone now for my sailing on Sept 4th. Might be a sign of imminent changes coming.

7CC5C24D-A29F-44B8-9B4F-0C47400779DD.thumb.jpeg.cb2d324b3aeceb930993e5252f64eaba.jpeg

The app updated yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Just trying to cut down the odds of someone getting me sick on  a vacation I spent a lot of money on. My vacation time means a lot to me I only get so much time per year.......? For someone that has unlimited funds and time to take vacations this doesn't matter to.   

Testing  takes only a matter of minutes, why not do it. Correct it will not catch all infected, but if it catches some it is well worth the time. 

Use your thinking cap on that.

Just like people who have spent a lot of money on cruise vacations that can be derailed by a false positive from a Covid test. Its not just the cost of the cruise. Its the cost of travel, hotels, requested time off from work where people may not be able to reschedule, etc. 

You could get sick on ANY vacation. Testing doesnt reduce your odds. All it takes is for you to be around one person with Covid on the ship. 

And testing isnt free. Why test when testing hasnt stopped Covid cases on cruise ships? And what about testing for other contagious diseases/viruses? Your vacation could be derailed by you catching the flu from someone just as easy not to mention more serious contagious illnesses. 

The odds of catching any illness on a cruise ship will NEVER be 0. People understood this prior to 2020. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Meem47 said:

Just checked for mine…we sail this Sunday 8/14. And the pop up for testing still shows up but now all vaccination info is gone from the set sail pass check-in, like above. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We also sail this Sunday and ours is showing exactly the same as yours.

So we are all up to date with our vaccinations now begs the question.

Do we need a negative test to be shown before we embark?

It’s as clear as mud.

Think I’d better call them tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

It’s as clear as mud.

The policy very recently published shows those sailing through 8/14 need a negative Covid  test within the 3 days prior to the sailing date. No one yet knows with any certainty what the policy might be for sailings 8/15 or beyond.

1 minute ago, AlohaLivin said:

The policy very recently published shows those sailing through 8/14 need a negative Covid  test within the 3 days prior to the sailing date. No one yet knows with any certainty what the policy might be for sailings 8/15 or beyond.

Our 8/28 cruise testing info now says 3 days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

It’s as clear as mud.

It’s frustrating bc we sail on the day they are supposed to make the announcement so who knows.  

3 hours ago, mpk said:

That's encouraging!   If society could also do something about litterers, dog/cat owners that don't pick up, condo dwellers that blast the music, ..    😃     😃    😃  

and people who adhere to the speed limit (or at least no more than 10mph over).

And let us not forget the loud cell phone talkers who think they need to yell and on airplanes folks who blast their headspeakers so that the person next to them can't concentrate.

I could go on and on given society these days.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Meem47 said:

It’s frustrating bc we sail on the day they are supposed to make the announcement so who knows.  

Every time they announce something it's on a day at least one ship is sailing.  No way around that.  But, the reality is, even if they do announce something on Aug 14, it won't be effective that day.  In the past, announcements are made with a future date for changes to be effective.  So, if it's effective on the 14th, I'd expect something by the 11th or so.  If it's an announcement on the 14th, the effective date will be later.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BND said:

Every time they announce something it's on a day at least one ship is sailing.  No way around that.  But, the reality is, even if they do announce something on Aug 14, it won't be effective that day.  In the past, announcements are made with a future date for changes to be effective.  So, if it's effective on the 14th, I'd expect something by the 11th or so.  If it's an announcement on the 14th, the effective date will be later.  

Yep I’m aware. Still frustrating. I understand the need to do this in steps though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just trying to cut down the odds of someone getting me sick on  a vacation I spent a lot of money on. My vacation time means a lot to me I only get so much time per year.......?

I’m sorry Jimbo, just in case you are counting on that, I work in a large hospital and we test a lot…My husband took me on an anniversary cruise in April and he started having cold symptoms the Friday before we disembarked. On Sunday we disembarked and I noticed that either my allergies were getting real bad or I had his “cold” ( I knew).  I took my mandatory back in the country test on Tuesday. It was negative.  I took my Guess What? It’s back to work test on Friday and by then I was no longer symptomatic . Positive.  The test is really no guarantee. (Yes, I have to be vaxxed if I want a paycheck and my husband is too).

Hoping to cruise in Sept with my daughter, and the Vax part has disappeared from my check- in too (of course I’d already done it).  However, when I opened the app, this is what appreared. Looks like they’re covering all bases. (Sorry - tried to screenshot this but didn’t work)

Be ready to board
Review our health and safety protocols
Health & safety
If you experience any of the following
symptoms within three days of your
cruise, please stay home and give us a
call:
• Difficulty breathing
• Diarrhea
• Sore throat
• Nausea/vomiting
• Fatigue/muscle aches
• Headaches
• Cough/nasal congestion
Vaccination
All guests 12 and older must be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 with the final
dose given at least 14 days before
sailing (not including your sail day).
Vaccine boosters are encouraged. Kids
5-11 who are fully vaccinated may follow
the protocols for vaccinated guests.
Royal Caribbean accepts vaccines that
are fully approved or authorized for
emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the
World Health Organization, with the
exception of CanSino.
Continue to check-in

Edited by cooncat_mom
Added a thought….

4 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

I’m sorry Jimbo, just in case you are counting on that, I work in a large hospital and we test a lot…My husband took me on an anniversary cruise in April and he started having cold symptoms the Friday before we disembarked. On Sunday we disembarked and I noticed that either my allergies were getting real bad or I had his “cold” ( I knew).  I took my mandatory back in the country test on Tuesday. It was negative.  I took my Guess What? It’s back to work test on Friday and by then I was no longer symptomatic . Positive.  The test is really no guarantee. (Yes, I have to be vaxxed if I want a paycheck and my husband is too).

Hoping to cruise in Sept with my daughter, and the Vax part has disappeared from my check- in too (of course I’d already done it).  However, when I opened the app, this is what appreared. Looks like they’re covering all bases. (Sorry - tried to screenshot this but didn’t work)

Be ready to board
Review our health and safety protocols
Health & safety
If you experience any of the following
symptoms within three days of your
cruise, please stay home and give us a
call:
• Difficulty breathing
• Diarrhea
• Sore throat
• Nausea/vomiting
• Fatigue/muscle aches