Updated Bahamas COVID Test... NEW AGAIN

CodyMiles1994

August 5, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are pleased to share that our COVID protocols continue to evolve. We remain, as always, committed to the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we serve. Effective August 8, 2022, guests should be guided by the following COVID-19 testing requirements related to cruises visiting The Bahamas. This applies specifically to itineraries 5 days or shorter only:

Vaccinated guests do not have to present a COVID test result at embarkation.

All unvaccinated guests must present the negative results of a pre-embarkation test – either a supervised PCR or an antigen test taken up to three (3) days prior to embarkation.

For complete information on vaccination and testing requirements and other protocols, please visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page here.

We apologize for the late notice but trust you will find this to be good news.

We look forward to welcoming you on board for a FUN and memorable Carnival cruise.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy

President, Carnival Cruise Line

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I booked a 10/1 cruise when the no testing came out then called and canceled it and said no thank you, no matter what Carnival is saying other lines aren’t requiring testing for Bahamas.  My PVP called me late this afternoon to say they changed to no testing after starting 8/8 and Carnival worked it out with Bahamas and did I want to rebook.  Said thanks but going to wait a bit to see if it all changes again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

I booked a 10/1 cruise when the no testing came out then called and canceled it and said no thank you, no matter what Carnival is saying other lines aren’t requiring testing for Bahamas.  My PVP called me late this afternoon to say they changed to no testing after starting 8/8 and Carnival worked it out with Bahamas and did I want to rebook.  Said thanks but going to wait a bit to see if it all changes again.

They can't win with you can they

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

They can't win with you can they

Seriously?  Just stating that I am going to wait it out.  There have been many changes and I am not close to ports so will have airfare involved.

And now going to never post again as there is always someone who has to have a rude comment.

Enjoy your evening.

40 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

My PVP called me late this afternoon to say they changed to no testing after starting 8/8 and Carnival worked it out with Bahamas and....

So there was more to the story than some others are pretending.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Smart move after watchimg Carnival flip flop policies 3 times in less than a week.

Who knows how many times they'll flip flop in a month.

Give it a beat and see how it all works out.

Edited by bguppies
typo

3 hours ago, bguppies said:

Who knows how many times they'll flip flop in a month.

Hard to say really...Guess it all depends on all the other rule makers who do the flip flopping first. 

22 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Hard to say really...Guess it all depends on all the other rule makers who do the flip flopping first. 

It appears they knee jerk reaction changes because they feel at a loss without being crucial to the process.  Head shaking and disappointing at the least.

• Like 1

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

It appears they knee jerk reaction changes because they feel at a loss without being crucial to the process.  Head shaking and disappointing at the least.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its not disappointing (What isn't these days?) but its nowhere near the issue people are making it out to be IMO.  Compared to flying right now Cruising is a snap.  I have to watch my booked flights on a daily basis to keep up sometimes with the changes.  Getting a test these days is easy and very inexpensive compared to figuring out how to fly from A to B without going through C,D,E,F,G and occasionally H now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its not disappointing (What isn't these days?) but its nowhere near the issue people are making it out to be IMO.  Compared to flying right now Cruising is a snap.  I have to watch my booked flights on a daily basis to keep up sometimes with the changes.  Getting a test these days is easy and very inexpensive compared to figuring out how to fly from A to B without going through C,D,E,F,G and occasionally H now.  

Totally agree.  Arn’t we sailing together soon?

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Totally agree.  Arn’t we sailing together soon?

i think so either the Celebration TA or the Legend Greenland one or the other cant remember lol.