Questions about Infinity and Constellation.

Stockjock

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

Do you recall the location of the 'wine room' in Constellation's original 'specialty restaurant', Ocean Liners?

That's the area the newer staterooms on the port side were added.  I don't know when exactly they were added, but I know it was several years after the ones on the starboard side.  I first noticed them back in July 2019 on Millennium.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

That's the area the newer staterooms on the port side were added.  I don't know when exactly they were added, but I know it was several years after the ones on the starboard side.  I first noticed them back in July 2019 on Millennium.  

Yes, that's what I was trying to get across.  Happened in 2013 when that section of the ship was reconfigured in Constellation's 2nd stage of 'Solsticization'. 

I still miss Ocean Liners.  There's no equivalent on M class ships.  Guess that's where Murano took over on S class.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Yes, that's what I was trying to get across.  Happened in 2013 when that section of the ship was reconfigured in Constellation's 2nd stage of 'Solsticization'. 

Are you saying that these port side and starboard side cabins were both added in 2013? I thought the starboard came first and the port cabins followed a few years later.

image.png.69f4411b87a2f990cf42f73d6825d5fe.png

No.  I thought the topic at hand when I replied was the port side cabins.

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are you saying that these port side and starboard side cabins were both added in 2013? I thought the starboard came first and the port cabins followed a few years later.

image.png.69f4411b87a2f990cf42f73d6825d5fe.png

6 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Ah, see what I did now.  Quoted only your starboard half question and answered your port question. Meant to delete 2nd half, not first half.   Sorry!

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ah, see what I did now.  Quoted only your starboard half question and answered your port question.  Sorry!

Just so I get this straight because you are losing me (that's not particularly hard to do).

What year were these port side cabins added?

What year were these starboard side cabins added? 

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

Just so I get this straight because you are losing me (that's not particularly hard to do).

What year were these port side cabins added?

What year were these starboard side cabins added? 

Port = 2013.

Starboard = I dunno.  Seems to me they were there for a long time... always?   The only cabin adds I recall were the 66 in 2013.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Port = 2013.

Starboard = I dunno.  Seems to me they were there for a long time... always?   The only cabin adds I recall were the 66 in 2013.

I may have deck plans from pre-2013.  I'll look for one. We spent a lot of time on Connie back then.

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We would never book a cruise line, ship, stateroom category or itinerary based on others positive or negative opinions or experiences. 

If you'd never set foot on the ship before, how would you know the story behind many of the anomalous cabins, both good and bad?  Surely you'd have to take some counsel from prior experiences in those cabins?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We would never book a cruise line, ship, stateroom category or itinerary based on others positive or negative opinions or experiences. 

I almost always take the views of others into account, where applicable.  But of course, in the end, each of us makes our own decisions.

• Like 2

I was on Summit in May 2012 and stayed in stateroom 3112.  As I recall, they were pretty new then.  I thought the seven staterooms on the Port side were installed around 4-5 years later???  I just remembered them being on Millennium in 2019 right after their refit along with Summit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

If you'd never set foot on the ship before, how would you know the story behind many of the anomalous cabins, both good and bad?  Surely you'd have to take some counsel from prior experiences in those cabins?

Your assumption is wrong. I've never asked nor have I ever referred to the sticky's about ships and staterooms.  Took our first cruise in 1991. No CC, didn't know anyone that cruised. The TA we used made no recommendations. We booked what we thought was good for us. Great cruise. Been booking all our cruises the same way. No regrets with the cruise lines, ships, staterooms, dining venues, food selections or intinaries we have selected. Way too many arguing opinions/experiences here on CC for me. That's why I never offer my opinion. 

I don't expect you or others to agree with me. Whatever works for you, great. To each their own. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I almost always take the views of others into account, where applicable.  But of course, in the end, each of us makes our own decisions.

I don't expect you or others to agree with me. I also read others experiences and opinions,  concerning their cruises and respect that. But no way would I use others opinions, experiences as a deciding factor to or not to book a cruise line, itinerary or stateroom. One persons ceiling is another person floor. Good luck with your decision.

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Constellation had the port side cabins added much earlier than Summit and Millennium where they were added during the Revolution updates in 2019/2020.  Notice they have not been added yet to Infinity.

There are some 3rd deck port side cabins and 3rd deck starboard cabins, both of which were added at some date or another.  I believe the starboard cabins have the much larger windows.  Would the same go for the port cabins as well?

Edited by Stockjock

13 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

There are some 3rd deck port side cabins and 3rd deck starboard cabins, both of which were added at some date or another.  I believe the starboard cabins have the much larger windows.  Would the same go for the port cabins as well?

Hi Stockjock.. I have been researching this extensively and am 100% sure of this response. Yes, these particular port side cabins have the same larger windows (circled below). You can tell when you look at the photos because the extra large windows have 2 bars down the center as opposed to one. On both sides of the ship these used to be public areas hence the extra large window. I'm still trying to figure out how much newer the port cabins are, but based on old CC reports to me like the starboard was first in or around 2012/2013 on the Constellation. If you don't mind me asking, what sailing are you looking at?

image.png.476bb6c39379959591d375dd7ae273e1.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 2:46 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Hi Stockjock.. I have been researching this extensively and am 100% sure of this response. Yes, these particular port side cabins have the same larger windows (circled below). You can tell when you look at the photos because the extra large windows have 2 bars down the center as opposed to one. On both sides of the ship these used to be public areas hence the extra large window. I'm still trying to figure out how much newer the port cabins are, but based on old CC reports to me like the starboard was first in or around 2012/2013 on the Constellation. If you don't mind me asking, what sailing are you looking at?

image.png.476bb6c39379959591d375dd7ae273e1.png

Not sure about the sailing just yet.  Several options I'm considering.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1