Canada/Nieuw Statendam

CruiseTee

We are sailing on the Nieuw Statendam for the September Canada cruise out of Quebec City. 

Many of the shore excursions are already sold out, does anyone know if HAL adds extra times/tours if they sell out quickly? Interestingly, I cannot even find one whale watching excursion that HAL offers for this entire cruise (8 days). Has anyone had any experience with whale watch excursions in Canada at the end of September, either through HAL or a separate company? This is something I was really looking forward to doing. 

Any other tips for this cruise would be great! We have sailed with HAL many times, but never this itinerary (Quebec to Boston).

Thanks so much!

I sailed the Zaandam on the Quebec itinerary and encountered the same issue.  When I finally boarded some tours had new openings some did not.   The tourist industry in that part of Canada has not recovered and many guide services are not operating. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

This has been asked every day for the last several. Whether or not they can add additional tours depends on capacity or the provider, and of the sights. For example, some tours have tight capacities, like boat or helicopter tours. Just adding more of those is highly unlike to happen. Some of the actual things you might visit...museums, for example, might also have capacity restrictions.

General area tours have the greatest opportunity for adding sections, but there has to be the demand.

Does it happen? Yes, occasionally, but not that often.

We are also sailing on the Nieuw Statendam on an earlier September cruise out of Quebec City.  2 of the excursions we wanted were waitlisted.  One of them became available right around final payment date and the other became available a little more than 30 days out.  I think these are the 2 milestones where people tend to cancel.  No guarantee but could happen.  I wouldn't count on more tours being added.  As a backup plan you could look for private excursions which may be available depending on what port you are in.  Also check your roll call as others may have already explored that option and know of available tours.