Covid Isolation and Refund Process

billco

I was so excited to see your post with the phone number for Customer Solutions Dept. since we are trying to get some idea of when our $100 pp per day from Princess will be processed. We requested it when we got home after our 10 day quarantine required after our British Isles cruise. We arrived home June 12th. I have called the number twice today and keep getting a message that it is either after hours or personnel are busy helping other customers and to try back later. I expected to get either a queue or maybe even an option for them to call me back. How did you reach someone at that number? I've been holding for customer service on the general number, then explaining our situation in order to be transferred to Customer Solutions and finally giving up after an endless hold. So frustrating!

43 minutes ago, Avongal said:

I was so excited to see your post with the phone number for Customer Solutions Dept. since we are trying to get some idea of when our $100 pp per day from Princess will be processed. We requested it when we got home after our 10 day quarantine required after our British Isles cruise. We arrived home June 12th. I have called the number twice today and keep getting a message that it is either after hours or personnel are busy helping other customers and to try back later. I expected to get either a queue or maybe even an option for them to call me back. How did you reach someone at that number? I've been holding for customer service on the general number, then explaining our situation in order to be transferred to Customer Solutions and finally giving up after an endless hold. So frustrating!

There are so many things going on, I would just call next week.  

They just cancelled the Diamond sailings from Sep 1, 22 to Nov 13, 22 and many are trying to get through about rebookings, refunds, etc.  Also, they just opened up the new sailings for 2023/2024 yesterday and crazy call volume.  Not an excuse…just a fact.

I would hope it will settle down some next week.

Call when they first open 6am PT mon-fri and tell them you were told to ask for customer solutions dept.

Thanks, I guess it can wait until next week. I've been calling early and asking for Customer Solutions. I've just never waited long enough to get through to them. Our cruise was the last sailing before the US dropped the need for negative testing to fly home. We were thinking once they processed people from earlier cruises they'd get to ours.

Also, to the earlier posts who were quarantined in The Raddison Blu Heathrow and were unhappy with the hotel. We stayed there 10 days and were pleased with the room and service.

On 8/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, that is correct.  The check sent to us by Princess was for $1,000.  Btw, I only tested positive (asymptomatic), my DW was negative. 

I did call Princess after 3 months of waiting for the check.  I spoke to a very nice lady in their Customer Solutions Dept (? I think that was the name of the Dept?).  She told me that she would expedite our request, 2 weeks later the check arrived.  Their number is (800) 545-0008, Option #1.  Btw, Option #1 states that it is for some other service, but that is the correct Option.

I finally obtained that number after 3 hours on the phone and speaking to half a dozen rep's!

Thank you! When I call the phone number it says try again later and disconnects. I imagine the volume of call is enormous. In the meantime, I was told by another rep that I reached on the main Princess customer service number that we have to email customerrelations@princesscruises.com with inquiries about refunds/FCC. While I was in queue today (2 hours), my FCC updated to the correct amount but I still don't have refunds for the $1,400 in shore and cruisetour prepaid excursions nor the quarantine related expenses so I will email and hope. (Plus continue to call the number you provided in the hopes it connects soon.)

• Like 1

Also, Here is part of an e-mail I got from my CYP a couple of days ago. She is pretty good at cutting through the red tape. "Glad to hear you're on the mend. Take care, enjoy your time in London! Let me know if you need any other info for the refund claims."

Edited by billco
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Avongal said:

Thanks, I guess it can wait until next week. I've been calling early and asking for Customer Solutions. I've just never waited long enough to get through to them. Our cruise was the last sailing before the US dropped the need for negative testing to fly home. We were thinking once they processed people from earlier cruises they'd get to ours.

Also, to the earlier posts who were quarantined in The Raddison Blu Heathrow and were unhappy with the hotel. We stayed there 10 days and were pleased with the room and service.

I agree. Once we started feeling better and learned how to call using the phone on the table instead of the one bedside we found the food and service pretty good. Didn't care much for the room lighting.

• Like 2

Watched some good YouTube videos from Port Monkeys detailing his experience after testing positive on the Enchanted Princess last Spring. At the start of the experience, he said he said he wouldn't have felt right if he hadn't told Princess he tested positive, midway through he still felt that way, toward the end he wasn't so sure. There are about 5 videos from day 1 to day 16.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billco said:

Watched some good YouTube videos from Port Monkeys detailing his experience after testing positive on the Enchanted Princess last Spring. At the start of the experience, he said he said he wouldn't have felt right if he hadn't told Princess he tested positive, midway through he still felt that way, toward the end he wasn't so sure. There are about 5 videos from day 1 to day 16.

Thank you for posting this. Good luck with everything.