Question: Best Spot for Anniversary Dinner on Millennium

Kdb1019

My husband and I are sailing Celebrity for the first time on the Millennium out of San Juan in October for our 10th wedding anniversary.  We have only sailed on Carnival previously and are excited to try Celebrity.  Would you recommend Tuscan for a special anniversary dinner? Or would dining in Lumiere be our best bet? We have a suite guarantee reservation.  

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Not on M class ships, I believe 

OH, you're right!  My first thought was also Murano, but on the Millennium for an anniversary dinner then it would have to be Tuscan Grille - not many other options.  I do LOVE Le Petit Chef, but the show is so great that you'll be distracted from "gazing into each other's eyes" time by the show!  So for quality romantic anniversary time, for sure, Tuscan Grille.  Next night, go to Le Petit Chef and enjoy the amazing food and super creative show.

• Like 1

Tuscan.  

We tried Le Petit Chef   for 2 of the  3 versions and won’t be returning.  Food was okay as was the cartoon we disliked the regimented schedule for courses to be served.  At the new price of $71 pp not worth it to us. 

• Like 2

I don't see what another dining outlet on Millie could do better than Luminae for suite guests. If you want to change locations just for the sake of it, try Tuscan but don't expect anything extraordinary.

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Tuscan.  

We tried Le Petit Chef   for 2 of the  3 versions and won’t be returning.  Food was okay as was the cartoon we disliked the regimented schedule for courses to be served.  At the new price of $71 pp not worth it to us. 

Depends on what level suite is , it is free on royal suite and above, we did it our last 3 cruises (all free) but I would pay for it.

Consider your cabin depending upon what type you get.  If you have a real table (or could have your host provide a rolling cart you can eat from) you may find that space provides the best setting.  Curtains open and watch the sea go by as your host brings your meal course by course.  Then after dessert and some champaign or sparkling wine it will be just the two of you in your own room left to enjoy the evening 😍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I don't see what another dining outlet on Millie could do better than Luminae for suite guests. If you want to change locations just for the sake of it, try Tuscan but don't expect anything extraordinary.

WOOPS!!!  I completely missed the part about the OP being a suite passenger!  DEFINITELY, Luminae!  Agree with you 100%.  I retract my original suggestion!  On M-Class, if you're in a suite, stick with Luminae, for sure.  Now, on Edge Class, we'd have to have a discussion about Eden.......🙃

• Like 1

We were just on Millie in a sky suite. Our friends had an anniversary party. Talk to your butler about having an anniversary party in your suite before you go to dinner in Luminae. Your butler will provide food and drinks. If you meet some interesting people on the cruise. Invite 2 or 3 couples. Or just have the butler do the rose petals on the bed and chill some champagne while your at dinner. Our friends were not charged for their party. Luminae will do a small anniversary cake for you. Just give Luminae and your butler time to organize things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Depends on what level suite is , it is free on royal suite and above, we did it our last 3 cruises (all free) but I would pay for it.

It wasn’t really free it was included in the price you paid for a RS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Tuscan.  

Totally agree on this.  We thought the dinner at the Le Petit was disappointing.  The animation was cute but would not do it again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kdb1019 said:

My husband and I are sailing Celebrity for the first time on the Millennium out of San Juan in October for our 10th wedding anniversary.  We have only sailed on Carnival previously and are excited to try Celebrity.  Would you recommend Tuscan for a special anniversary dinner? Or would dining in Lumiere be our best bet? We have a suite guarantee reservation.  

well now that you have a reccomendation for every restaurant on the ship, surprise surprise, 🙂  where do you think you will eat?

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, George C said:

If you want a more intimate setting, a window table in Tuscan would be preferable to Luminae, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Skip Le Petite chef, you can google the thousands of videos on Youtube, however the regimented dining that tells you when you can go pee.....in a gentler way, is just too much, and the food is meh, pre prepared and warmed up to serve on "their Schedule".  Tuscan is your other option, good Italian, not sure if they still have the wine room?  IF so that is a private spot you can reserve for something special?  I know there was a wine room still on Infinity however infinity was unrenovated and ML IS renovated.   Otherwise,  think about what your favourite foods are and talk to the Maître D at Luminae and place a special order?  I have seen them come up with some impressive things over the years.....and all you have to do is ask with at least 24 hours notice.  Enjoy!  Safe Sails.  

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:10 PM, cinderellen said:

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on our very first cruise in 2005 on the Millennium. Back then, the Olympic was THE specialty restaurant. It was amazing. 

WOW.

The Olympic.

that was amazing.

best dinner we ever had.

still remember it now.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, cruiseerf said:

Skip Le Petite chef, you can google the thousands of videos on Youtube, however the regimented dining that tells you when you can go pee.....in a gentler way, is just too much, and the food is meh, pre prepared and warmed up to serve on "their Schedule".  Tuscan is your other option, good Italian, not sure if they still have the wine room?  IF so that is a private spot you can reserve for something special?  I know there was a wine room still on Infinity however infinity was unrenovated and ML IS renovated.   Otherwise,  think about what your favourite foods are and talk to the Maître D at Luminae and place a special order?  I have seen them come up with some impressive things over the years.....and all you have to do is ask with at least 24 hours notice.  Enjoy!  Safe Sails.  

I agree with you regarding Le Petit Chef.  We went only once and won't return.  DH said his meal was meh but edible, mine was not.  (And I really object to being told when I can visit the ladies room!!). So we went to Oceanview afterwards so I would not be hungry 🙂

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 9:14 PM, mrpie90 said:

WOW.

The Olympic.

that was amazing.

best dinner we ever had.

still remember it now.

Sadly, They ripped out the Olympic and all the old  cruiseship dining rooms for a bland Tuscan Grill Italian......threw all that old wood paneling out!  Broke our hearts! 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, mrpie90 said:

WOW.

The Olympic.

that was amazing.

best dinner we ever had.

still remember it now.

Taking the Murano equivalents out of the M class ships was, in our opinion, a bad mistake. We have cruised M class on three occasions. We loved dining in the elegant surroundings of the Olympic and Normandy Restaurants.

We like Tuscan on S class and find the view stunning. On M class Tuscan has less appeal. The food is the same but the ambiance with the stunning wake views is missing. 

Le Petite Chef is definitely a done for us. Laughed a lot the first time, novel…but it is a fun dining experience not a fine dining experience. Nothing romantic in synchronised dining…

OP, as long as your anniversary is not right at the start of your cruise, why not book Tuscan first night  (usually discounts available)? Then visit Luminae the next night before deciding which venue you want to spend your special evening in. Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise and a fantastic anniversary meal.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, Kdb1019 said:

We were on Millie a month ago and ate at every restaurant except the MDR. I agree that if you’re in a suite, Luminae is the best place to eat, the prettiest venue with the best food.  Tell the manager in advance what your plan is and they can secure you a good table and fulfill any special requests. If not in a suite, then by default I’d agree Tuscan Grill is the place to go. Try to get a window table if you can. And Happy Anniversary!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:38 AM, Kdb1019 said:

When are y'all sailing? We will be sailing the Millennium, out of San Juan, on October 15th. Started a Roll Call page, but no responses for that date.  Starting to think we might have the whole ship to ourselves.

I agree that I would prefer to be in Luminae.  Tuscan can be good, and it can be less than good.  We've had mixed experiences in there (I'm batting .500 in there for Millennium), and others also have.  I'd want something reliable, and Luminae is far more reliable. 

They also tend to be willing to do a little something more for you when it comes to a special occassion, but -please- keep in mind that a lot of folks will be celebrating anniversaries, birthdays, honeymoons, etc.  Such an occassion most certainly is worth recognizing with -a little- something, but it won't be Queen for a Day 😉.

I love the idea of having something special set up in your suite before dinner!  We're about to cruise to celebrate a big birthday, and that's something we just might do.