Dining Packages Reserve in advance

J18ktleo

We are thinking about booking a dining package in advance of our cruise and have questions:

1. Can you use OBC to purchase the dining package before you sail?

2. Can you make reservations through the dining package before you sail?

Not sure it's worth it to go this route but never hurts to have the details!

Thanks 😀

Not sure about the use of OBC But let me advise you about the dining packages.

You can buy specialty dining in packages of 3-4-5-6  nights or even  Every night on the plan your cruise feature.

The number of nights per person price gets a little cheaper as the number of nights gets bigger.

I have not been able to Plan the Venue or dining Time doing it this way. So my advice it to make a list of the Dining Venue's and the Days and Times you Want before you board the ship.

The FIRST  thing you do on Boarding is go to the  MDR Matre D at the MDR entrance or of any   Specialty Dining Venue Matre D's and you can Book ALL  your Specialty Dining Days and Times before they are taken.

They All have Computer access to the Days and available Times in all the Specialty Dining venues.

You can make All your reservations at One time.

Some Specialty Dining venues like Le Pitie Chef have menus that change so IF you want the night that features Both Filet And Lobster tail you can ask what night that will be.

Thank you!

I'm worried because we want to do Eden and maybe Le Voyage on Beyond, already done Le Petit Chef 5 times so we're good on that!!!

Maybe it's worth the extra money to book in advance?

We're in Suite Class so lots of OBC to use on?

41 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

Thank you!

I'm worried because we want to do Eden and maybe Le Voyage on Beyond, already done Le Petit Chef 5 times so we're good on that!!!

I was told Le Voyage isn’t included in the dining package.  Eden sells out quickly and although they hold back some spots for onboard booking even those fill quickly.  Our Apex sailing the Retreat Concierges had a stream of people on the first couple of days wanting a reservation in Eden, there were none

We will be on the Beyond TA in October and no openings showing for LeVoyage and Eden has only 2 nights with 9 30 open.  We booked Eden 6 months ago and Le Voyage 2 months ago. The only day LeVoyage had a opening before 9 was not our 1st 2nd or 3 choice but we took it. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I was told Le Voyage isn’t included in the dining package.  Eden sells out quickly and although they hold back some spots for onboard booking even those fill quickly.  Our Apex sailing the Retreat Concierges had a stream of people on the first couple of days wanting a reservation in Eden, there were none

We will be on the Beyond TA in October and no openings showing for LeVoyage and Eden has only 2 nights with 9 30 open.  We booked Eden 6 months ago and Le Voyage 2 months ago. The only day LeVoyage had a opening before 9 was not our 1st 2nd or 3 choice but we took it. 

So we're on Beyond Nov 2023 (planning REALLY far in advance!) and thinking it's better to do it now so we can get what we want.

How much is Le Voyage and how far out do you think they might open up?

Thanks for the info....

We just booked our first X cruise after nearly exclusively sailing on PCL for over 3 decades so appreciate this specialty dining info…thanks.

On PCL OBC can be used for the daily gratuity but in Celebrity’s T&C gratuities are not listed as an option to pay with OBC…am I reading that correctly?

1 hour ago, J18ktleo said:

Thank you!

That is what I would do.  The last time we cruised, pre-pandemic we had a lot of OBC so I went ahead and bought a 3 night package.  As soon as we boarded the ship we made a dash for the closest restaurant to make our reservations.  All I got was "sorry, we don't have those times/dates/restaurants available but if you want to eat at 5pm or 9pm we can work something out"  What I worked out with guest relations was a refund....and when I talked to the CC hostess she was able to get us on night that worked in the Tuscan Grill, comped.  If and when we get back to cruising again I won't be bothering with dining packages.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We just booked our first X cruise after nearly exclusively sailing on PCL for over 3 decades so appreciate this specialty dining info…thanks.

On PCL OBC can be used for the daily gratuity but in Celebrity’s T&C gratuities are not listed as an option to pay with OBC…am I reading that correctly?

If you booked a All Included rate your daily gratuities are included.  If you booked a Cruise only rate your daily gratuities will be charged to your on board account and thus be deducted from your OBC.

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you booked a All Included rate your daily gratuities are included.  If you booked a Cruise only rate your daily gratuities will be charged to your on board account and thus be deducted from your OBC.

Cruise only rate…thanks.

so have I got this right - if you buy the 3 night+  Speciality Dining Package you can only book once onboard - but if you booked Tuscan Grill, Le Petit Chef and Murano separately can you reserve before boarding?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fifer49 said:

so have I got this right - if you buy the 3 night+  Speciality Dining Package you can only book once onboard - but if you booked Tuscan Grill, Le Petit Chef and Murano separately can you reserve before boarding?

Yes, that's correct. 

• Like 1

Booking on board is kind of hit and miss.  If you want to select specific restaurants on specific nights they might already be booked up.  However if you just want to sample the different restaurants and the nights do not matter then you should be able to dine in all of them.  We only do specialty dining as the venues are more intimate and quiet.  We get there early and find the first restaurant and book.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

If you want all 3 and happy to take advantage of the Tuscan Grill or Murano first night offer and have the other 2 whenever then its only about $4 difference in price from the 3 night package so makes sense why people choosing that so they can get their advance reservation.

• Like 1