Carnival B2B COVID testing - Crappy Guidance!

jstrutton

Ok, Carnival needs to learn how to put out policy and understand what each of their hands are doing.  In the latest update, it states that if your B2B is more than 16 days then you will be tested in between cruises.  Ok, got that, seems pretty simple and straight forward.  

However, if you go to the Carnival FAQ on the same policy, it states “Irrespective of vaccination status, all guests will be tested on board, between voyages, if the subsequent cruise is more than 16 days.”  Subsequent cruise would mean the second cruise not a total of 16 days and it is singular tense meaning 1 cruise.  If that is the policy then there would very few tests since the only way you would be tested if the second leg was a Transatlantic or some other very long cruise.  

Carnival get your stuff together when you are trying to give guidance!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really not sure what the big deal is.  If they test you, they test you.  If they don't, they don't.  It's not like they charge for it.  Additionally, although it has not yet been updated (I don't think), they will test you if you didn't require it for your first cruise, but your second goes to a location where it is required.

• Like 1

Carnival does not cruises >16 days, do they?  I'm on a B2B2B in 2 months.  It's 10 days Rome, 9 days Rome-Lisbon, 13 days Lisbon-Tampa.

Longest I've ever seen on Carnival is 14 days.  Of course, I haven't looked at Transpacific sailings because I can't afford them, so there's that!

I think that all of us on the final Med/TA will have to be tested onboard because we have a stop in Bermuda.  That's a total mess, imo.  Have to pay $40 for a visitor's card and we're only there for 8 hours, which is barely time to get off the ship and have a couple of drinks at the Frog & Onion!  Love Bermuda, but such a hassle for a short 1-day stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

Carnival does not cruises >16 days, do they?  I'm on a B2B2B in 2 months.  It's 10 days Rome, 9 days Rome-Lisbon, 13 days Lisbon-Tampa.

Longest I've ever seen on Carnival is 14 days.  Of course, I haven't looked at Transpacific sailings because I can't afford them, so there's that!

I think that all of us on the final Med/TA will have to be tested onboard because we have a stop in Bermuda.  That's a total mess, imo.  Have to pay $40 for a visitor's card and we're only there for 8 hours, which is barely time to get off the ship and have a couple of drinks at the Frog & Onion!  Love Bermuda, but such a hassle for a short 1-day stop.

The Bermuda mess is similar tot he Australia mess.  None of that is oin the cruise lines….

But, imho, it was silly to even put Bermuda in that TA as a port.  It's out of the way.  It will require testing (and there are a whole lot of us doing B2B).  It will cost us $40 for pretty much nothing.

As I said, I love Bermuda.  But a day stop there from 8-4 is pretty pointless.  Sure, you can probably get to Horseshoe Bay and see the (not very) pink sand beach.  Or go shopping.  Or go to the pub.  That's about it.  Bermuda deserves - at a minimum - two full days to do it justice.

I just don't know why it was included in the itinerary.  The Beards didn't bother to ask my opinion! 😄

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Dream transatlantic was 16 and I believe I have seen up to 17 night Carnival cruises although not often.