Trying to book Premier Inn

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.  I'm trying to book on their website.  When I get down to the postal code I put in my zip code and it keeps telling me it's an invalid code.  What are they looking for??? I put in the zip code for my area.  I don't know what code they want.   HELP

I'll try putting their postal code in..  It won't allow to leave it blank.

Another question about hotel.  When looking up the rooms for 2 it says "double".  Does this mean double beds?  I don't see where it says queen or king beds as an option.  Only phone number is a UK number.  Don't want to get involved with that.

2 hours ago, gunnywife said:

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.  I'm trying to book on their website.  When I get down to the postal code I put in my zip code and it keeps telling me it's an invalid code.  What are they looking for??? I put in the zip code for my area.  I don't know what code they want.   HELP

Have you selected the country first? That should determine the format of the zip code. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gunnywife said:

I'll try putting their postal code in..  It won't allow to leave it blank.

Another question about hotel.  When looking up the rooms for 2 it says "double".  Does this mean double beds?  I don't see where it says queen or king beds as an option.  Only phone number is a UK number.  Don't want to get involved with that.

As far as I know there are no options. There are generally only two room categories, twin and double. 

14 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

As far as I know there are no options. There are generally only two room categories, twin and double. 

Twin consists of 2 beds for 1 person. If next to each other there is a certain distance. A double has one bed for 2 persons; normally king- or queensize.

You may have more success booking indirectly through booking.com.

Note that in general, hotel rooms and beds are smaller than you would expect in the USA. Bed sizes in Premier Inns are as follows: 

. Single (90x190cm -36 x 75 inches)

· Double (135x190cm - 53 x 75 inches)

· King size (150x200cm 60 x 79 inches)

· Super king (180x200cm 71 x 79 inches).· 

Edited by Bob++

7 hours ago, gunnywife said:

American here.  I recently booked one of their London hotels.  There's a box in the address part to put your country in, and then you will be able to enter a U.S. zip code.   Just keep looking at the web site.

On another note: I need to contact the hotel about something, and there is NO email address I can find for the specific hotel or the general corporation. Nor is there any contact form to submit via the web site (except if you have recently stayed there, and you must put in that date). It seems all one can do is telephone them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob++ said:

You may have more success booking indirectly through booking.com.

Note that in general, hotel rooms and beds are smaller than you would expect in the USA. Bed sizes in Premier Inns are as follows: 

. Single (90x190cm -36 x 75 inches)

· Double (135x190cm - 53 x 75 inches)

· King size (150x200cm 60 x 79 inches)

· Super king (180x200cm 71 x 79 inches).· 

Premier Inns don't list with consolidators like booking.com., Bob.

They can only be booked direct.

In the main their rooms are either twin or double. They pride themselves on their super-comfortable "hypnos" single and double beds -  doubles are usually a king-size bed, not two beds pushed together.

Some have family rooms, basically a double plus two convertible sofas for kids aged 15 or under, plus a cot if required.

If you're still trying to contact them, their phone numbers aren't premium rate and  are free in most UK phone plans - including mine.

Respond with the particular hotel name (eg Premier Inn County Hall, Premier Inn West Quay, or wherever) and your query and I'll do my best.

JB 🙂

I'm looking at Premier Inn West Quay as that is near the port and near shops for wine and restaurants.  I'm just concerned when it says "double" room or bed.  I would hope it would be a queen or king, because my son and son in law are big men.  

I just booked.  Finally discovered what they  needed for the address.  

Bunnyette:  The only e-mail address I see on the "booking confirmed" e-mail  seems to be for the restaurant.  If you got another one I would appreciate it.  That's what I'm uncomfortable with ---- there doesn't seem to be any way to contact them.  I sure don't want to make an international call.

58 minutes ago, gunnywife said:

The only e-mail address I see on the "booking confirmed" e-mail  seems to be for the restaurant.  If you got another one I would appreciate it.  That's what I'm uncomfortable with ---- there doesn't seem to be any way to contact them.  I sure don't want to make an international call.

I made the same assumption. But then I found the hotel on Facebook, and they had an email address there, and it was the same one.  

Thanks for telling me that.  I was really concerned that I wouldn't be able to contact them if needed.

Slow but sure I'm getting everything done.  Our cruise isn't until June 23, but I want to get some of the reservations taken care of before they might go up.

The hotel looks like a good one and it's near the cruise port. Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I booked Premier Inn Southampton for the British Isles cruise.

Thanks again to all of you for your help.

Premier Inn beds can be standard doubles or king-size or super-king, depending on location.

I spoke to Premier Inn West Quay thismorning.

The guy who answered didn't know, he thought the beds were standard doubles. I got him to check further & he came back to tell me they were 135cm (4ft 6") which is a UK standard double bed.(King sizes are 150 cm, super-kings 180 cm.)

But some customer reviews of P.I. West Quay mention "king-size" 🙄 so  I don't know who is right.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186299-d2163952-Reviews-Premier_Inn_Southampton_West_Quay_hotel-Southampton_Hampshire_England.html#REVIEWS

JB 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, John Bull said:

Premier Inn beds can be standard doubles or king-size or super-king, depending on location.

Thanks JB.  I sure wish the Premier Inn website would state that bed size is dependent on location. We recently made a reservation at a Premier Inn (our first). The website said the rooms had a “double or king size bed,” but there was no way for me to indicate a preference or request. After much difficulty finding an email address for the hotel, I emailed to request a room with a king size bed.  I was told they only have double beds.   That use of the word “or” on the website is quite confusing. 

4 ft 6 in appears to be queen size here in the states.  So I'm assuming they will be at least queen size.  But some people say they got a king.  Guess it's the luck of the draw.  Whatever it is we'll be staying there for one night.  Problem solved.

1 hour ago, gunnywife said:

4 ft 6 in appears to be queen size here in the states.  So I'm assuming they will be at least queen size.  But some people say they got a king.  Guess it's the luck of the draw.  Whatever it is we'll be staying there for one night.  Problem solved.

Sorry, no. 54” (or 4’6”) is a double in the US. A queen would be 60” (or 5’) wide. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:55 PM, gunnywife said:

Bunnyette:  The only e-mail address I see on the "booking confirmed" e-mail  seems to be for the restaurant.  If you got another one I would appreciate it.  That's what I'm uncomfortable with ---- there doesn't seem to be any way to contact them.  I sure don't want to make an international call.

dovereasternferryterminal.pi@premierinn.com

this is for the hotel.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:55 PM, gunnywife said:

• Like 1

We have used Premier Inns near Heathrow for years. Very comfortable beds, queen to king size, never got a US double size. Only thing I ever found lacking was a time many years ago when I had a cold with sneezing and there were no tissues in the room. 

• Like 1