New Menu, as of May 2022

bambam

Thanks for posting this, bambam. 

I didn't get very far into reading it though, before I came upon something that raised my eyebrows:

Under Port Day Express Breakfast:

"eggs" any style

The quotation marks are Carnival's.  What are "eggs" and how similar / different are they to eggs?  When a restaurant puts a food name in quotation marks on the menu, one wonders what one might really be eating.🤔

Edited by ShakyBeef
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was on the Pride for 31 days with this menu. One issue I had is the Day 6 Elegant Night Menu, the appetiser called Stuffed Mushrooms. What actually came out was about two teaspoons of finely minced mushrooms with some the other listed ingredients sprinkled around it. It was finished in one swallow and frankly an embarrassment.  Proper stuffed Mushrooms can be had at the steakhouse and they are yummy there.

3 minutes ago, wemjam said:

No lobster even on 6 days?

Am I missing it?  My mom is going to be disappointed.

So just to confirm if we are on a 6-day cruise menu should be days 1 - 6 as listed in order.

Yes, you're missing it, it's on the first Elegant night, day two. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes, you're missing it, it's on the first Elegant night, day two. 

There it is!

So this is 7 days, what if we sail 6, any idea what menu we don't get... is it the last one on day 7? 

Trying to plan my steakhouse night

19 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for posting this, bambam. 

I didn't get very far into reading it though, before I came upon something that raised my eyebrows:

Under Port Day Express Breakfast:

"eggs" any style

The quotation marks are Carnival's.  What are "eggs" and how similar / different are they to eggs?  When a restaurant puts a food name in quotation marks on the menu, one wonders what one might really be eating.🤔

LOL, other than scrambled (on lido) , the only choice I have ever seen is eggs…

18 minutes ago, wemjam said:

So just to confirm if we are on a 6-day cruise menu should be days 1 - 6 as listed in order.

Where did you see that?

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Where did you see that?

That was a question, not a statement forgot ?  Trying to figure out what menus will be on a 6 dayer so we can plan steakhouse... said that in later post.

• Like 1

Finally!

Glad to see this.  On Pride in late January, we were talking about how it would've been nice, during the pause, if they'd at least shuffled the menu items a bit.  Even if they didn't want to change the dishes, just mix up the menu a bit.  There have been nights that I could happily order 75% of the menu and then the next night find there's nothing that particularly appeals to me.  A shuffle would've solved a lot of that and alleviated some of the repetitive boredom.

It will be nice on the B2B2B (32 nights total) in 2 months to have these options.  But, again, it looks like there are nights that I could just make a meal of 3 or 4 appetizers.  Those appeal to me more than most of the entrees.  

p.s. Someone needs to tell these cruise line chefs that carbonara should NOT contain cream. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, wemjam said:

It’s on day 2.

3 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

p.s. Someone needs to tell these cruise line chefs that carbonara should NOT contain cream. 

And pasta should NEVER, EVER be cut/broken! Why does Carnival continue to do that? Yes, that used to be the way Americans cooked spaghetti, bu that was 50 years ago.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I can confirm it is NOT. Prof Cruise should have stayed in school.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

And pasta should NEVER, EVER be cut/broken! Why does Carnival continue to do that? Yes, that used to be the way Americans cooked spaghetti, bu that was 50 years ago.

It is the way most Americans eat it.

Just now, kwokpot said:

I don't know of any Americans now that break spaghetti in half to cook it. In the '60s and '70s, yes, but not now. 

Depends on the size of the pot, but probably less likely today. I still think most cut it to eat it. Or slurp it. Or pick up a gob and chew some of it off.

30 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I don't know of any Americans now that break spaghetti in half to cook it. In the '60s and '70s, yes, but not now. 

They are selling pot sized pasta now in stores so breaking it must still be done. 

42 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Depends on the size of the pot, but probably less likely today. I still think most cut it to eat it. Or slurp it. Or pick up a gob and chew some of it off.

Coincidentally, I am making Spaghetti Bolognese tonight.  I've been cooking my sauce all day.  I just got out my pot for cooking the pasta - a smallish Dutch oven, since I use my large Dutch oven to make the sauce.  And then I popped in here and noticed this conversation going this way.  The pot in which I cook my spaghetti is not big enough to have the entirety of the pasta submerged when first placed in the boiling water.  This problem is easily rectified by "babysitting" the pot long enough to gently stir the pasta down as it wilts, bending it down into the water, thus keeping the individual noodles at their intended, optimal length.  No one needs to eat broken pasta in less they so choose.

Sorry, I guess I have ventured  quite a bit into the OT realm.🤭

Edited by ShakyBeef
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2