where to shop for swimsuits in Ft. Lauderdale

matamanoa

I will be taking a Caribbean cruise early in 2023 out of Ft. Lauderdale and was wondering if someone could suggest a good place to buy a swimsuit.Ā  I am in my 70's and like full coverage.Ā  That does not mean anything with shorts or a skirt but just a one piece that covers my top and bottom fully.

Ā 

Thanks in advance,

Ā 

Barb

Montce Swimwear on NE 2nd Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale. Ā During winter months, you need to go to a store that specializes in swimsuits. Ā Department stores don't sell suits off season. Ā You may run into a very small section with suits in a dept. store near the beach, but I wouldn't count on it. Ā Most of the stores near the beach that sell suits mainly sell bikinis or more revealing suits. Did you check out suits in stores where you live? This is the time of year stores are clearing out their summer merchandise.

Hopefully someone from that area will chime in but I would honestly say to check out Target and Walmart. I live in a coastal town and these two stores always have swim suits and they usually carry a good variety of styles. Depending on when ā€œearlyā€ is, there could be tremendous selection as the stores will begin stocking swimwear for the up and coming spring break season well before March.

2 hours ago, WELDON said:

Montce Swimwear on NE 2nd Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale. Ā During winter months, you need to go to a store that specializes in swimsuits. Ā Department stores don't sell suits off season. Ā You may run into a very small section with suits in a dept. store near the beach, but I wouldn't count on it. Ā Most of the stores near the beach that sell suits mainly sell bikinis or more revealing suits. Did you check out suits in stores where you live? This is the time of year stores are clearing out their summer merchandise.

Thanks for the info.Ā  I would try stores in my area but I've been losing weight (in a controlled manner) and since there are still many months before I actually cruise, I thought I would wait until I'm down in the Ft. Lauderdale area in case I am down a size or two before the actual cruise.

6 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Hopefully someone from that area will chime in but I would honestly say to check out Target and Walmart. I live in a coastal town and these two stores always have swim suits and they usually carry a good variety of styles. Depending on when ā€œearlyā€ is, there could be tremendous selection as the stores will begin stocking swimwear for the up and coming spring break season well before March.

Early is the end of Feb/beginning of March.Ā  I could check stores in my area but for the reason stated in my answer to Weldon, I would prefer to wait until I am down south.Ā  Thanks for your reply.

I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area for Ā 6 months of the year. Target and Walmart don't carry suits in the area until April to May. Years ago, you could find suits during the season in many places but times have changed. Ā  As I mentioned, a lot of the stores by the beach carry bikinis, high cut suits or similar. For the suits OP wants, check out specialty swimwear stores.Ā 

I bought 2 suits in TJMaxx & 1 in Ross (both on 17th St by embassy Suites last winter, many many nice suits. One I bought was a Miracle suit that I paid $22 for

17 hours ago, MHF said:

I order from Lands End. Ā Have been very pleased. Ā Catch them on a sale day!

I agree. Ā They do have modest suits. Ā That is what I search when online shopping ā€œmodest swim suitsā€

21 hours ago, MHF said:

I order from Lands End. Ā Have been very pleased. Ā Catch them on a sale day!

I was going to suggest Lands' End as well.Ā  Their suits are good quality, and ordering is easy.Ā 

I'd be afraid to wait until my port city to buy a suit -- it'd put pressure on you to find something in 1-2 days, or have nothing!Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matamanoa said:

I have no idea but will look it up.

I found one in Davie and it's around the area we're staying in.Ā  I'm assuming you're telling me about Bealls because it would be a good place to look for a swimsuit.Ā  Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matamanoa said:

I found one in Davie and it's around the area we're staying in.Ā  I'm assuming you're telling me about Bealls because it would be a good place to look for a swimsuit.Ā  Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes it would be.Ā  I live as a snow bird in Fl. for over 20 years.Ā  Bealls had swimsuits all winter when I was there.

https://www.beallsflorida.com/

17 hours ago, matamanoa said:

Thanks Geocruiser,

Ā 

I went on the website and they seem to have a great selection and prices are great too!

They may also have coupons that you can print.Ā  They do put flyers in the newspapers.

I had live beach side in Florida on a barrier island.Ā  Bealls was on the island.Ā  So, the carried swim suits all the time.Ā  There were also hotels on the island, so lots of winter guests looking for summer stuff.

Edited by geocruiser

4 hours ago, jhsocal said:

Another vote for Lands EndWould you consider tankini style? Like the advantage of different size for top and bottom. They can still be quite modest.

I wouldn't rule them out.Ā  I'm mainly concerned about getting a good fit in the butt area.Ā  I don't like my cheeks hanging out šŸ™‚