Disembarkation Day

florence11

Hi,

We are booked on our 1st Princess cruise in March 2023. I am just wondering what happens when we get back to Fort Lauderdale, are we allowed to stay on board a bit later  or do we all have to leave by a certain time? The reason I am asking this is because in the past we have cruised with P&O and have been allowed to stay on board until our flight is due.

Thanks

Just now, florence11 said:

Hi,

We are booked on our 1st Princess cruise in March 2023. I am just wondering what happens when we get back to Fort Lauderdale, are we allowed to stay on board a bit later  or do we all have to leave by a certain time? The reason I am asking this is because in the past we have cruised with P&O and have been allowed to stay on board until our flight is due.

Thanks

The ship has to be emptied prior to new cruisers being allowed to board. So there will be a time when everyone must be off ship unless they are b2b passengers who would have gone through there own procedure

If your flight is late enough you might consider one of the ships excursions that day.  We did that the last time because our flight was late afternoon.   We boarded the bus and our luggage was stowed underneath and off we went.   The excursion ended by depositing us at the airport.   It was much better than sitting for hours in the terminal.   Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

Another option we elect is to stay in a hotel overnight and catch first available flight the following day. 

We usually fly out of Miami to San Francisco, there are only early am nonstop flights.   When we do so we stay at the Miami Airport Hilton hotel.  

See you are from Wales; we do the same thing when we are in Europe.  

1 hour ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

Thanks

At U.S. ports the law requires that a passenger vessel reach "zero count" before any new passengers are permitted to board. This isn't a Princess thing all lines have to follow the same "zero count" rules. Attach your color tag to your luggage and place your luggage in the hall the evening before. Porters pick it up and place it in the Customs area. You are asked to leave your cabin by 8:00am on disembarkation day. A DR is open for breakfast as well as the buffet and International Cafe. You then proceed to your designated waiting area until your color/number tag is called at which time you disembark. Normally the latest disembarkation time is around 9:30 to 10:00am. Every passenger must be off the ship, no exceptions. As for Princess they want every passenger to disembark as early as possible so the "zero count" is reached as quickly as possible and new passengers are permitted to board.  You are not permitted to stay on board. If you have a late afternoon flight you might want to consider a disembarkation tour.

We have taken a disembarkation tour so our luggage travels with us and remains on the coach until we are dropped at the airport..FLL. Tours tend not to show up until you are onboard.

Others recommend hiring a car..but we have read of  cars being broken into with luggage on view.

Possibly stay an extra night in an hotel in port.

We have also booked a room for ‘day use’..ours was in Barcelona but am sure www.dayuse.com can offer something…if you don’t mind them bombarding you with emails to book another, after the occasion..I really should unsubscribe!