Formal nights on Venture?

LNugent

16 minutes ago, worcestergal said:

According to the booking information we’ve received, there will be 2 formal nights on our 15-night cruise in September. My husband is bringing a blazer, so (hopefully) that will be sufficient for an expedition cruise. 

Called Last week.  Agent said two nights.  I will wear a jacket, slacks, open collared shirt.  Wife bringing cocktail dress.

18 hours ago, worcestergal said:

According to the booking information we’ve received, there will be 2 formal nights on our 15-night cruise in September. 

That's a shame.  I thought Venture was supposed to be an expedition ship.

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 9:03 AM, Fletcher said:

That's a shame.  I thought Venture was supposed to be an expedition ship.

It is. Keep in mind it's Seabourn's first such ship — and they apparently have decided expedition cruises should still have an element of dressing up. It's different than Silversea, which does not have formal nights on their expedition ships… which some will doubtless applaud and some will decry. 

On 8/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, mcshane said:

Very excited to hear that there will be formal nights. We like to dress up on vacation and especially after being in expedition gear all day! Great news. 

Y'know, there's nothing stopping you from dressing up for breakfast, lunch and dinner on any cruise if you're that excited about dressing up.  We prefer to dress comfortably while on vacation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gojirra said:

I prefer no formal nights at all when on vacation even on “ultra luxury” cruiselines, had enough opportunities to dress up while not on vacation.

Interesting how everyone is different. We have very few opportunities to dress up while not on vacation. 🙂

5 hours ago, seattleskibums said:

Y'know, there's nothing stopping you from dressing up for breakfast, lunch and dinner on any cruise if you're that excited about dressing up.  We prefer to dress comfortably while on vacation.

If clothes fit properly then they are comfortable it's when they don't fit you that they become uncomfortable.

4 hours ago, labonnevie said:

Interesting how everyone is different. We have very few opportunities to dress up while not on vacation. 🙂

As noted above, if you like to dress up… if you want to dress up… by all means do so. You won't be alone, and you should enjoy your trip. Just understand not everyone feels the same way, and don't let it ruin your vacation or upset you to find a variety of levels of dress in the restaurants. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

If clothes fit properly then they are comfortable it's when they don't fit you that they become uncomfortable.

Agree -- for both formal wear and informal wear.  We never wear clothes that don't fit properly.  It's much easier to buy new clothes than to try to make ones you've grown out of fit.  :)

• Haha 1