TA on vacation, PVP booked us Princess Plus

MJC

I booked one of the new 2024 cruises with Princess myself because our usual TA is on vacation this week. We knew it was a popular itinerary and wanted a specific cabin category and location, so the plan we discussed was to transfer it to her when she gets back.

I thought I was booking a basic fare, but when I got the confirmation we were given Princess Plus in a "promotion" that is costing us $500pp more. Since we have a lot of obc, we don't really want the extras. I would have thought that would be a question the CVP would ask. There aren't any of the cabin class we want available anymore, they went fast, so I'm afraid to cancel myself and rebook, in case it's quickly taken.

I'm hoping she can just fix it when she gets back. Any advice?

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Your TA should be able to take care of this when she returns. Just sit tight for now and keep the cabin you have.

That should not be a problem it is easy to keep the cabin and change the plan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJC said:

I booked one of the new 2024 cruises with Princess myself because our usual TA is on vacation this week. We knew it was a popular itinerary and wanted a specific cabin category and location, so the plan we discussed was to transfer it to her when she gets back.

I thought I was booking a basic fare, but when I got the confirmation we were given Princess Plus in a "promotion" that is costing us $500pp more. Since we have a lot of obc, we don't really want the extras. I would have thought that would be a question the CVP would ask. There aren't any of the cabin class we want available anymore, they went fast, so I'm afraid to cancel myself and rebook, in case it's quickly taken.

I'm hoping she can just fix it when she gets back. Any advice?

This is a ploy that seems to happen pretty often with Princess agents.  They default to Plus and are close to flabbergasted that a guest wouldn't want that.  No doubt they make it sound like the deal of the century by quoting some bloated value for what it could cost you otherwise. 

Anyway, you can change the fare class/type without losing your cabin.  Same if doing a complete re-fare to a new promo.

• Like 1

My experience has been the opposite.  It's been hard for me to "remove" the Princess Plus.  At times, it was difficult to even add.  Then when I asked my TA to book a last minute (for me, that's 6 months), she got the cabin I wanted but was told that the "promotion" included the Plus.  That was fine with me.  I don't mind Plus and I am thrilled to be in "my" cabin.

For my last cruise, I was unable to drop the “Plus” plan.  As a non-drinker, it was a major waste, but the overall price was good enough that I took it.  At least my gratuities and internet and sodas were included!

One reason I'm annoyed is that I don't drink coffee or soda or juice, and I'm a one glass of wine at dinner type. Our tips and internet will be covered by our OBC. I never would have picked this if I'd been given a choice. I thought I was getting the standard price I was looking at on my screen. Now I have an "issue" to deal with. 

TA here. Your regular advisor should be able to log in and get you sorted out. It's just a matter of changing the included promotions. Princess' booking engine that we use auto-defaults to the plus package, so you have to go in and change that at time of booking. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VengefulWalnut said:

TA here. Your regular advisor should be able to log in and get you sorted out. It's just a matter of changing the included promotions. 

I spoke with her yesterday and she reassured me, it's as you posted above. I just had to fill out the paperwork to transfer the booking to her, and then she'll fix it. Whew.

• Like 1