Update is in - testing still required for 6 nights or longer - Vaccine dropped in certain ports as of 9/5/22

On 8/11/2022 at 9:51 AM, Homosassa said:

I would also prefer to have the test requirements gone for those of us that are fully vaccinated (and boosted where available).

At this point, some of us have done all we personally can to protect the public health through vaccination.

If someone decides to cruise unvaccinated and put their personal health at risk, it is on them if they become severely ill.

Guess you haven't noticed all the vaxxed getting it and spreading it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

You've got us confused now.  We thought the 5 or less night 'no test' cruises started August 8?  We sail aug. 29th, so we are worried once again; Could it start Sept. 5?  Only reason we booked this '5 nighter' was to 'celebrate' not testing.  We'll have to dig through all the website haystack looking for the needle again.  Oh lord, give us a break from this insanity.  

I knew they would confuse everyone. After I posted I received this I believe the next day and this makes sense….

C73B943E-0077-4D26-B9E5-FF53AA3A04CE.jpeg

15 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I think your aluminum foil hat has slipped off a little bit

Aluminum, how silly.  Everyone knows copper (oxygen free) is the best material to block RF signals.  Personally, I use a Faraday fabric with copper, nickel, polyester, composite.  

• Haha 2

Ok let's confuse people more. This was in an email I received from cruise critic Sunday night. This was listed under Royal. Is A Pre-Arrival COVID-19 Test Required? Beginning August 8, fully vaccinated passengers will not need a test for sailings five days or less. Unvaccinated passengers, and all passengers on sailings six days and over not departing from Los Angeles, Galveston, New Orleans or Europe will still need a pre-arrival COVID-19 test.

So if I am reading this correctly, my transatlantic from Copenhagen on September 4th does not require a negative test to board.

22 minutes ago, cruisers423 said:

Ok let's confuse people more. This was in an email I received from cruise critic Sunday night. This was listed under Royal. Is A Pre-Arrival COVID-19 Test Required? Beginning August 8, fully vaccinated passengers will not need a test for sailings five days or less. Unvaccinated passengers, and all passengers on sailings six days and over not departing from Los Angeles, Galveston, New Orleans or Europe will still need a pre-arrival COVID-19 test.

So if I am reading this correctly, my transatlantic from Copenhagen on September 4th does not require a negative test to board.

How many days is your transatlantic?

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How many days is your transatlantic?

Starting with September 5th departures the new rules begin.

You have to test for Sept 4 and also check port specific rules. And also check back often because the rules change often.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

On 8/10/2022 at 6:37 PM, seapad said:

So basically no change in testing and protocols ....except unvaxed are allowed. Hoping there is a next phase that would ease testing a little bit. 

Appears just form certain ports, not the main ports of Miami and Port Canaveral I didnt see.

On 8/11/2022 at 12:05 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

Exactly! Seems like this is more of a step backwards. I personally think allowing lots of unvaccinated people onboard will backfire….

Unsure the issue.  The CDC has stated plainly that vaccinations do NOT stop you from getting or giving covid, so what the point of any vax mandate?  If a line wishes to limit exposure they should simply forget about a vax mandate and have everyone tst before going.  Facts!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisers423 said:

This is full of inaccuracies. For one, sailings of 6 days or more, embarking from North America, all require testing. 
This post seems to exclude Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Galveston. 
It appears that testing and vaccination protocols have been mixed up here.