I'm disappointed y'all!

Yes, I let my southern out in that headline.

IMG_5897.thumb.JPG.35bab3d4e1f5e9f42249c5bc8394ed74.JPG

If this cutout presented to Mario at his party is an accurate depiction of the shape of icon, it means she will not have a viking crown lounge.

I was holding out hope she wasn't gone. 

Edited by RCCL Fan
  • Like 1

• RCCL Fan changed the title to I'm disappointed y'all!
14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I maybe wrong but don't think any of the new ships have a Viking Crown lounge.

Technically true. On newer ships, and many refurbished ones, there's no venue called the Viking Crown Lounge, they have other names & uses (like Costal Kitchen or part being the Diamond Lounge). However the physical "crown" space/shape is still there. And I think that's the point. It's such an iconic part of what makes a Royal Caribbean ship a Royal Caribbean ship. Regardless of how otherwise impressive any new ship is, if it doesn't have it, it will be somewhat sad.

2 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Technically true. On newer ships, and many refurbished ones, there's no venue called the Viking Crown Lounge, they have other names & uses (like Costal Kitchen or part being the Diamond Lounge). However the physical "crown" space/shape is still there. And I think that's the point. It's such an iconic part of what makes a Royal Caribbean ship a Royal Caribbean ship. Regardless of how otherwise impressive any new ship is, if it doesn't have it, it will be somewhat sad.

Sorry,  it's not there on Oasis or Quantum class ships.  I agree that were a symbol and I miss them.  Take a look at the ship pictures. 

• Like 1

Wonder clearly doesn't have a crown either but the crown first truly disappeared with Quantum. 

Oasis class sort-of-crown was the first marker of it's departure.  They copied the Oasis pseudo-crown through Symphony.  Yet it's hard to claim that Oasis in 2009 really had a VCL.  When Coastal Kitchen was introduced on Oasis after Quantum was deployed without a VCL that should have been the first absolute notation it was going, going, ...and gone.

One could argue Quantum's lack of a VCL was the first confirmed buh-bye to the VCL and that was 2014.   

14 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

This exactly.  It's the look. It's the signature.  I've got to accept that it *was* the signature.

While the names and shapes may have changed the structure was there on every class ship except Quantum.

I've sailed Oasis many times, and Allure is probably my most traveled ship, I consider them all with a Viking Crown.... I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't have the Viking Crown structure.   I big space on the top of the ship near the funnel stack with a wall of windows all around. 

Call it Coastal Kitchen or Seven Hearts or Suite Lounge,  but it was  a Viking Crown to me.

I actually remember when Oasis came out they talked about the "reimagined viking crown"  so it was built with it in intention. 

When I was on Allure a few months back with some friends and I kept saying all week, I'll meet you in the viking crown and they'd be like huh. hahahaha   suite lounge   same difference in my head. lol

I was hopeful Quantum was going to be the offshoot and it would come back, even if just a suite lounge,  looks like I'm out of luck.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

This exactly.  It's the look. It's the signature.  I've got to accept that it *was* the signature.

While the names and shapes may have changed the structure was there on every class ship except Quantum.

I've sailed Oasis many times, and Allure is probably my most traveled ship, I consider them all with a Viking Crown.... I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't have the Viking Crown structure.   I big space on the top of the ship near the funnel stack with a wall of windows all around. 

Call it Coastal Kitchen or Seven Hearts or Suite Lounge,  but it was  a Viking Crown to me.

I actually remember when Oasis came out they talked about the "reimagined viking crown"  so it was built with it in intention. 

When I was on Allure a few months back with some friends and I kept saying all week, I'll meet you in the viking crown and they'd be like huh. hahahaha   suite lounge   same difference in my head. lol

I was hopeful Quantum was going to be the offshoot and it would come back, even if just a suite lounge,  looks like I'm out of luck.

If you had never sailed on a Royal ship before then boardred Oasis class would you ever guess that deck 17/18 was the "Viking Crown"?  

I can understand that you knew that was the closest thing to a VCL based on prior VCL experiences on earlier ships yet for a new to Royal guests I think they'd have a hard time finding a "Viking Crown" on a scavenger hunt while on any Oasis class.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you had never sailed on a Royal ship before then boardred Oasis class would you ever guess that deck 17/18 was the "Viking Crown"?  

I can understand that you knew that was the closest thing to a VCL based on prior VCL experiences on earlier ships yet for a new to Royal guests I think they'd have a hard time finding a "Viking Crown" on a scavenger hunt while on any Oasis class.

Oh I agree totally.   Not called that, no name,  no reference to it, but it was there to us who knew.

and again when the ship was built in 2009 I believe it was still called the viking crown.  the name disappeared later. 

50 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Oh I agree totally.   Not called that, no name,  no reference to it, but it was there to us who knew.

and again when the ship was built in 2009 I believe it was still called the viking crown.  the name disappeared later. 

I agree, oasis and allure most definitely have a crown.   A little different but n shape, but definitely kept with tradition to the extent possible.  

I can’t remember what they called it, but I remember going up there for night time entertainment.  They used to have two women musicians on oasis or allure who were pretty good.  Sometimes it would be cast members from the big shows belting out some tunes.  Those were great and those would get a big crowd.    

But the space was remote from other entertainment areas and it was less utilized than other areas.

I remember a chapel up there too which was beautiful. I think it was flanked by a pinnacle room?   Was that a room just for C&A pinnacles or just a poor choice in name?   

• Like 1