Celebrity Beyond -- Edge Villa v Aqua Sky Suite

renji

Trigger warning: first world problem!  i was very happy with my Aqua sky suite, but got caught up in the idea of bidding.  bid on a Royal Suite and Edge Villa (described as a strong bid I think), the latter is still pending 2 weeks out, there are 4 of 6 left.  the modify/cancel button didn't work for me so I will go with the flow.  I thought we'll survive the stairs and enjoy the private hot tub in lieu of the spa access and close view of waking to the ocean.  but then I read all sorts of iffy reviews on the windy nature of the balcony (not sure if those were Mediterranean cruises), motion of the cabin, heavy doors, hard couch (we would just be sitting).  i like the exercise of the stairs so ok with that aspect.

perhaps that is why it isn't selling straight (or the crazy price point).  but those reviews are all Apex and Edge.  

anyone stayed in the Beyond Edge and have any info to ease my mind?  Service being good, etc?  i'd like to be comfy I'll be happy either way!

43 minutes ago, renji said:

Trigger warning: first world problem!  i was very happy with my Aqua sky suite, but got caught up in the idea of bidding.  bid on a Royal Suite and Edge Villa (described as a strong bid I think), the latter is still pending 2 weeks out, there are 4 of 6 left.  the modify/cancel button didn't work for me so I will go with the flow.  I thought we'll survive the stairs and enjoy the private hot tub in lieu of the spa access and close view of waking to the ocean.  but then I read all sorts of iffy reviews on the windy nature of the balcony (not sure if those were Mediterranean cruises), motion of the cabin, heavy doors, hard couch (we would just be sitting).  i like the exercise of the stairs so ok with that aspect.

perhaps that is why it isn't selling straight (or the crazy price point).  but those reviews are all Apex and Edge.  

anyone stayed in the Beyond Edge and have any info to ease my mind?  Service being good, etc?  i'd like to be comfy I'll be happy either way!

edit: the upgrade just went through, 15 days before sailing to cabin 15104. so I'm going to be happy about it and deal with whatever issues there are 🙂!  but still would like to be prepared..this is my first time on Celebrity...

i suppose I now pay for spa access (just one or two sea days, so 2 days probably suffice) but hopefully get a credit for specialty dining?  

26 minutes ago, renji said:

edit: the upgrade just went through, 15 days before sailing to cabin 15104. so I'm going to be happy about it and deal with whatever issues there are 🙂!  but still would like to be prepared..this is my first time on Celebrity...

i suppose I now pay for spa access (just one or two sea days, so 2 days probably suffice) but hopefully get a credit for specialty dining?  

You won't have to worry about a credit amount for specialty dining, it is all included, ENJOY!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, miched said:

I think Royal Suites and above get unlimited complimentary dining in all of the Specialty Restaurants.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes free specialty restaurants and liquor setup with two liter bottles of your choice  and they restock fridge with soda, water and beer of your choice daily .for royal and above, love these perks.

17 minutes ago, renji said:

will do!

I was worried about the stairs until my wife said 'why not take the elevator?'. The elevator bank is right there! That door on Deck 16 may be a little heavy but it will work for us. I don't foresee spending much time upstairs. That rocking chair on the balcony looks inviting. 

51 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

I was worried about the stairs until my wife said 'why not take the elevator?'. The elevator bank is right there! That door on Deck 16 may be a little heavy but it will work for us. I don't foresee spending much time upstairs. That rocking chair on the balcony looks inviting. 

i think I read we might have to walk through the retreat to get to the cabin from the elevator on 16 but I'm down with that...my partner has some broken toes so it's really for him that ai worried, but he but is strong enough to handle the door if the stairs get to him.  I am actually looking forward to going up the stairs to work off those two bottles they apparently put in the room:)  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, renji said:

i think I read we might have to walk through the retreat to get to the cabin from the elevator on 16

Good video from the Beyond. You can see the Deck 16 door to 15106 at about 1:34 minutes in. I was surprised to see the fenced in 'patio'. Looks like there is a set of glass doors leading to the elevators off on the left and down the hallway a bit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ht0sN6BPE

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I don't remember it being on Edge.

A pleasant surprise. I think the fence helps keep the occupant from slamming a by passer in the face while putting a shoulder into that heavy door from the inside.  

Edited by danceswithphones
spelling

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

You won't have to worry about a credit amount for specialty dining, it is all included, ENJOY!!

5 hours ago, George C said:

Yes free specialty restaurants and liquor setup with two liter bottles of your choice  and they restock fridge with soda, water and beer of your choice daily .for royal and above, love these perks.

Even if they are Move Up upgrades?  When I go to make reservations, it’s still showing pricing and asking for credit card info.  Would you recommend that I just wait until on board? I don’t want to cancel my current bookings and lose the reservations (although I suppose I should do a regular meal at Le Voyage rather than the tasting I had booked if that’s not covered!).

Edited by renji
shorter

I've been in a Villa three times on Edge. They're great cabins and I loved every minute in them.  The high walls on the balcony largely protected from the wind. The butler/retreat manager was hit or miss, like any ship.  Lots of extras being in this cabin. Have a wonderful trip. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 12:21 PM, George C said:

Yes, Both Edge Villas & Royal Suites have these perks.  Enjoy your cruise!

On 8/12/2022 at 6:06 PM, jelayne said:

You will be contacted by a shoreside concierge and you can tell the. The restaurant reservations you would like.