Price drop again

Jerseygich

15 hours ago, casofilia said:

... before final payment.

You might get some OBC or a cheap upgrade after Final Payment if you are lucky.

Well, we just made our final payment and price went down immensely, and we didn't get any onboard credit, according to our travel agent NCL is becoming very aggressive towards not giving anything after final payment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NorthernJoey said:

How is it for OBC or FCC? If the cruise has been paid in full but final payment date isn't reached.

Cruise booked on-line direct with NCL

You will get a refund if before final payment even if you paid in full.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Well, we just made our final payment and price went down immensely, and we didn't get any onboard credit, according to our travel agent NCL is becoming very aggressive towards not giving anything after final payment.

If you're into risk taking, book the lowest cabin you would want to be in. After final payment, you can still upgrade if the price goes down.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, DrSea said:

personally, I would gamble and cancel the cruise. If there are so many price drops before the final pay date, then it sounds like there would be more after. But I like to take risks. 

A man of my own heart!  I've gotten some of my best deals by patiently waiting.........

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prov2727 said:

If you're into risk taking, book the lowest cabin you would want to be in. After final payment, you can still upgrade if the price goes down.

Thank you we are doing that. We just booked the lowest price inside cabin guarantee for a cruise next April on the Epic, right now it has a great price for 15 days. Depending on what happens and not matter what,  we intend to use our FREE UPGRADE Diamond perk.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

NCL lost me as a customer on this very thing, every other big cruise line has been very nice and accommodating through Covid, not NCL. I have $1100 FCC and may use it or not, but either way I am done with NCL. The customer service is very lacking. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, NorthernJoey said:

How is it for OBC or FCC? If the cruise has been paid in full but final payment date isn't reached.

Cruise booked on-line direct with NCL

22 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

You will get a refund if before final payment even if you paid in full.

This response is correct but it's not automatic.  You need to call to get the credit.

Yes, thanks for the tip phoenix 1181.

I just made a mock booking and the price has gone up again. It could be due to relaxing testing & vaccine protocols with more bookings perhaps?

I will check again later, still about 40 days before final payment date.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, spanishguy1970 said:

Does anyone else have this experience? Is the experience different between TA and a PCC?

Even my PCC has had to wait an hour to get an agent to do a price adjustment. Maybe some TAs just don't want to call?

As of the last cruise which was month ago, PCC told me any post-final payment credit could be requested up to two weeks before embarkation.

On 8/13/2022 at 7:40 AM, spanishguy1970 said:

The best offer we got on with a price drop after final payment was a room upgrade (which wouldn't work due to travelling together with someone and needing to be close by them) or the difference in FCC. I could take the FCC but I can't guarantee I will be able to cruise again before it expires.  So, not really helpful either way.

3 minutes ago, ilovecrusin422 said:

Our price went down 5 days after final payment  about $600.00.  My 10 cruise with Norwegian and my last. No Credit.  No Nothing. Very poor customer service. 

3 minutes ago, ilovecrusin422 said:

Our price went down 5 days after final payment  about $600.00.  My 10 cruise with Norwegian and my last. No Credit.  No Nothing. Very poor customer service. 

Do you really expect a refund after final payment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Do you really expect a refund after final payment?

Until I learned NCL didn't provide a refund, I sure did. If you're somewhat experienced as a cruiser you should know...but new to cruising? Yep, I bet most don't have any idea frankie boy, and his compadres at other lines, will keep your money. 

1 hour ago, ilovecrusin422 said:

What do you expect?! It is like in the store. No one is going to give you anything after a new phone gets cheaper after a while or a new comes out. I do not understand why people think they are entitled to anything. It is like investments. Today you are lucky, tomorrow - not really.

• Like 4

Just now, Trappedontheboat said:

What do you expect?! It is like in the store. No one is going to give you anything after a new phone gets cheaper after a while or a new comes out. I do not understand why people think they are entitled to anything. It is like investments. Today you are lucky, tomorrow - not really.

You used a great example! Phones...we always get a price match for our phones within 30 days of purchase from Samsung. Now had you used a car, I suppose I could understand that. But we all know cars lose whatever % as soon as we sign that paperwork. 

For our coffee maker (north of $1,000) we received three price matches. 

If we buy something in the store, we can typically take it back, return it, then get a new one at the new price.

Back to travel - for hotels, flights, rental cars, etc., provided you purchase a refundable rate/don't lay any cash down, you always get your money back by cancelling and rebooking at the new rate. 

So, to answer your rhetorical question, yea, most consumers do expect their money back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1