How long will Celebrity require Pre-Cruise Testing?

stevenr597

17 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The website country specific pages are the gospel.   Don't even bother to look at the stupid emails they are sending they have all been wrong, not updated with the updated requirements.  Don't call either as the reps are also giving out wrong info.

That may be but I'm bringing my EMED tests along anyway for our Apex cruise just in case

I realize its tough understanding the requirement for a non-monitored test with the obvious ‘work arounds’ for those who’d take it, but I think the ‘help sell kits’ doesn't track for a company that if they dropped it all, would make a ton from those who would jump on board. More than a few aren't cruising because they don't want to put funds into a cruise, flights, hotels and so on for a case that cold end up being canceled due to Covid. 

As I think I posted earlier, so many threads on this subject, we’d are doing a TA out of Rome and it appears we can do a non-monitored test prior….with take a monitored just to be covered since currently stopping in Bermuda. So who knows….at least mid-Aug.

Den

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rvlandandsea said:

New guidelines on Celebrity site. 8 nights and under no testing as of September 5 for vaccinated guests. 

Where are you reading 8 nights or less?  I'm still seeing the guidance from before that says no testing for cruises 5 nights or less for the vaccinated (with some exceptions).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

The 8 days or less wording is on the Celebrity Canadian site but different wording in the US site - very weird. 

Because of the strong US Dollar and the weak Canadian Dollar, the US number ‘5’ is equivalent to the Canadian ‘8’.

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Because of the strong US Dollar and the weak Canadian Dollar, the US number ‘5’ is equivalent to the Canadian ‘8’.

den

Brilliant, because I was going to write the same thing till I saw you beat me to it..  LOL

Some will say you're snarky and inappropriate.  I say it's great to have a sense of humor on this site to keep it interesting, as long as you're not mean to someone else or purposely providing false information. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

The 8 days or less wording is on the Celebrity Canadian site but different wording in the US site - very weird. 

The likelihood is the people updating the US site are slower than those tasked with updating the Canadian site. 

• Like 1