Balcony adjacent to outside elevator

glutenhab

Yes, the balcony is visible to anyone on the elevator. Bear in mind that when the elevator is moving, it's a fast glimpse, however when a guest gets on/off on your floor, elevator guests (should they even choose to look) have a longer time for your balcony view. 

We had 8068 on the Westerdam a month ago. It's right next to the glass elevators. I checked and you could see a very small portion of our balcony but not much at all. If you were at the railing the riders could see but not if you were sitting on the chairs (at least not more than your feet!). 

Karen

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glutenhab said:

We are booked in a VA that is midship (a room on one side, elevator/open area on the other).

Can we be seen on our balcony from the outside glass elevator?

Here is an earlier post of my with a photo and short video that shows what can been seen 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2796134-cabin-6082-zuiderdam-question/?do=findComment&comment=62793477

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Here is an earlier post of my with a photo and short video that shows what can been seen 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2796134-cabin-6082-zuiderdam-question/?do=findComment&comment=62793477

Excellent info. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Really do not like this but not life or death I guess.

Do you think HAL would offer a different cabin if I asked?

38 minutes ago, glutenhab said:

Excellent info. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Really do not like this but not life or death I guess.

Do you think HAL would offer a different cabin if I asked?

As I mentioned above, I got my cabin changed to one in the same category.  Likely they will move you as well, unless it is to a higher ranked cabin.  Be sure to know which cabin(s) you would like before you call and ask for specific one(s).  Do a cabin search on the HAL or other travel website for open cabins.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I would not book nor accept a stateroom in that location.  

Some Neptune suites have this location as well. When I booked it looked like an ideal location, VA on deck 6 directly mid-ship. Having second thoughts now though. Any other opinions on this cabin? We are on Westerdam in 6 weeks time for 51 days so don’t want the wrong room. Would one cabin down have this same problem?

52 minutes ago, glutenhab said:

Some Neptune suites have this location as well. When I booked it looked like an ideal location, VA on deck 6 directly mid-ship. Having second thoughts now though. Any other opinions on this cabin? We are on Westerdam in 6 weeks time for 51 days so don’t want the wrong room. Would one cabin down have this same problem?

Move one down to be safe - why have to worry about it if you can move, easy decision.

I am one of few who book Neptune Suites next to the outside elevator and like them. The convenience to being close to the elevator is great. Most passengers seem to take the center elevators so seldom is anyone else with you. I don't worry about others looking onto the balcony and if they do, there is nothing to see of any interest. The elevators do zip by pretty fast. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I am one of few who book Neptune Suites next to the outside elevator and like them. The convenience to being close to the elevator is great. Most passengers seem to take the center elevators so seldom is anyone else with you. I don't worry about others looking onto the balcony and if they do, there is nothing to see of any interest. The elevators do zip by pretty fast. 

Easy, quick access via the elevators is a good reason to book such a suite.  I had the choice of two when I booked:  one in that location and one at the stern.  Given the soot issues that my veranda experienced during the cruise and the distance to the Neptune Lounge and other parts of the ship that I regularly visit, I would have preferred the one next to the elevator, I think.