Tell me about the summit celebrity suites?

FiremedicMike151

The balcony is narrow and curved.  The ones on Deck 9 are under the Pool Grill.

The living area is large and has a dining table.  There is no window in the bedroom, which we love so DH can sleep in and I can open the curtains to the view. The  tub shower has a high side that makes getting in & out a challenge.  We love the CS on the M Class

is it worth it to upgrade would depend on the cost and what SS you currently have.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

When first built, the M-class Celebrity Suites did not come with balconies.  I guess the immense amount of floor to ceiling glass was supposed to make up for it.   Some time later, Celebrity thought better of it and retrofitted all of them with balconies.  

• Like 1

We hav booked CSs on both M- and S-class ships.  As already noted on M-class ships the balcony were added later.  With the curved floor to ceiling windows, depending on itinerary, there can be significant solar heat from those windows.  

There are plusses and minuses for each class of ship, but we do like the smallish dining room table (seats four) on  the M-class ships versus the large coffee table on the S-class ships.  While I am a short woman, I've never had any issues with the sides of the bath tubs; I simply sit on the edge and  slide over.  I will also note that I have no mobility issues and am very flexible.

Not worth the upgrade, I really dislike the balcony, no extra suite perks, now if you can upgrade to royal suite that is a true upgrade, fantastic balcony and really upgraded perks, free specialty restaurants, liquor set up etc. 

We’ve stayed in Sky, Celebrity and Royal Suites on the Summit on Deck 6 (Penthouse Deck).  Regarding the Celebrity Suites, we love the fact that one person can get up and move about while the other can sleep or nap in the private bedroom in the Celebrity Suite.  Space-wise, it’s a world of difference from a Sky Suite.  I also like that the bathroom has 2 sinks and enjoy the dressing/makeup table in the walk in closet. I have found the tub/shower to be manageable if you are careful.  These suites are very convenient to the mid ship elevators but not so close that elevator traffic is bothersome. The balcony, while not real deep, is in the curve that juts out in the middle of the ship so you have good visibility to see the scenery.  If the upgrade price is reasonable, I would definitely go for it. Royal Suites are even more fantastic but the upgrade cost is usually much higher. 

Edited by cmoore5524

I agree, separate bedroom is nice, large living room, tub isn't an issue for us but could be for others, balcony is ok, enough room to sit and relax but no room for lounger, wall of windows is fabulous! Would pick over a Royal almost every time for this class of ship due to limited specialty dining choices that are included with Royal and we like the open feeling the living room provides. 

20211106_091331.jpg

20211023_144735.jpg

20211023_144915.jpg

20211023_145024.jpg

• Like 1

We had a Deck 8 Celebrity Suite on the Summit a year ago and absolutely LOVED it! We loved the large, spacious cabin, and the separate bedroom - as others have mentioned - and the wall of windows and, while the balcony was narrow, it was long and provided panoramic views. People on other balconies could see us on our balcony, but that's not a concern for us. On, and it has an enormous walk-in closet.

One thing some people don't like is that the bathroom can only be accessed from the bedroom. Again, this was not a problem for us.

We had an opportunity to upgrade from a Sky Suite on our upcoming cruise on the Summit but turned it down only because the only ones available were on Deck 9 right below the pool deck, and we have heard many complaints about the noise from above. Also, didn't like the large overhang shadowing the balcony. Here's a link to my "review" to our cabin, in case it helps.

Summit Celebrity Suite