Does DW need to get her own Mariner account?

firsttimer1971

Hello, 

So I have booked a cruise a couple of months ago and created a mariner account. And now I am wondering if my DW needs to have her own mariner account? For example to use the navigator app. Is there any need or advantage for her to have her own account?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

It will be useful for the app if she wants to text you during  the cruise and keep up with her own itinerary.  For checkin and such that can be handled by you.  Give her the booking number and she can start from there.  A booking number and a last name gets it working 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Look on your confirmation. Your DW's Mariner number, if already assigned, will be there. The first time we booked a HAL cruise, both DH and I had numbers assigned immediately and they were on our confirmation.

On our confirmation (booked directly at HAL) only I have a Mariner-ID, not my wife.  So that got me wondering if she needed one. But we will make a new account for her

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, firsttimer1971 said:

On our confirmation (booked directly at HAL) only I have a Mariner-ID, not my wife.  So that got me wondering if she needed one. But we will make a new account for her

We used a TA - maybe she requested an ID for both of us.

1 hour ago, BobbiSox said:

I had no idea an account was a matter of choice. I think once a person sails, their 'account' is assigned automaticly. 

Their Mariner nummer is assigned automatically, with or without account. JMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Their Mariner nummer is assigned automatically, with or without account. JMO.

I'm looking at my invoice for a cruise booked with a TA. My travel partner has never been on HAL and she does not have a Mariner # on the invoice. So I take it she should set one up...you don't have to have had at least one sailing to do so? 

2 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I'm looking at my invoice for a cruise booked with a TA. My travel partner has never been on HAL and she does not have a Mariner # on the invoice. So I take it she should set one up...you don't have to have had at least one sailing to do so? 

No, you get a Mariner # the moment you register on the website, even if you never book a sailing.

We just created an account for her, and she got a Mariner # but our booking is not showing for her. Will wait a couple of days to see if they connect her details to the booking. If not, i will send an e-mail to HAL

Not in a big hurry as our cruise is next year but I don't want to leave anything till the last minute, especially now the response time to e-mail can be up to 4 weeks from the Dutch Office. 

• Like 1

Just now, LuAnn said:

It is quite a long time ago that ours were created, but if I remember well it is created at the 1st booking. I just checked and it was on our first boarding pass of HAL.  You must have a booking number now and with that booking number etc you can consult your online HAL account. Mariner numbers of everybody in the same booking are in the HALaccounts.

• Like 2

Final update: we created an online account for her yesterday and when registering I entered the booking code/number. After registering she had a Mariner number but our booking wasn't showing yet in her account.

So, after a good night's sleep I just logged in and our booking is showing in her account. 

Thanks everybody for your advice and remarks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, firsttimer1971 said:

Final update: we created an online account for her yesterday and when registering I entered the booking code/number. After registering she had a Mariner number but our booking wasn't showing yet in her account.

So, after a good night's sleep I just logged in and our booking is showing in her account. 

Thanks everybody for your advice and remarks.

Always check after a good nights sleep.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You might already have a mariner number even if you haven’t sailed HAL.  I discovered I had a mariner number after my second Carnival cruise.  If you have sailed Carnival, or maybe even Princess,  try a dummy booking and have them look up your number.  You may be surprised to find you already have one.  There are sometimes odd things among the Carnival family of lines.  For instance, my Princess Captain’s Circle number, and. Cunard World Club numbers are identical.  EM

• Haha 1