Expiring FCC's Question

LImom

Sailing soon and I have a small amount of FCC"s left over that expire in December. I was wondering if  is there anything that I can purchase with them (for use onboard) for my sailing to use them up?  

We used the last bit of our FCC to buy the Princess insurance.  Our travel agent  said we could use it for anything that gets added to your invoice. If you booked air through Princess you can use it to help pay for that.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LImom said:

Sailing soon and I have a small amount of FCC"s left over that expire in December. I was wondering if  is there anything that I can purchase with them (for use onboard) for my sailing to use them up?  

So, these are left over after you paid for your cruise, I assume.

You would need to use them for a new booking or any of them items listed on the website, that have to do with making a booking.  
Not sure if you could add a transfer to your current booking?  You would call PCL if you booked through them or your TA to do this.  

About Future Cruise Credit

It’s now easier than ever to use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC)! You can apply it toward your next cruise fare or contribute to a travel companion’s fare on your booking. Even better, you can also apply any such credit toward many other charges on your booking, including*:

• Princess Vacation Protection1
  • Booking Flights with Princess2
  • Princess Transfers
  • Hotel Packages
  • or even Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (TF&PE)

Because FCC is like store credit, it can be subject to cancel fees like any other type of payment. For details, see Terms & Conditions below.

*A few FCCs appear as discounts, which can only be applied to cruise fare and not other components of your booking or those of your travel companions. If yours is one of them, you’ll see this in the Circle Savings section of your My Princess account. Check "Finding Future Cruise Credits and Deposits" below for details.

1For United States and Canadian residents only, excluding New York and Quebec.

2Available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia & New Zealand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you don’t have Princess Plus or Princess Premium, you could use it to prepay gratuities.  You could also pay for EZ Air, transfers or a pre- or post-cruise hotel stay.  

When you prepay, does it give you an option to use, FCC’s?  You have to prepay in full though?  Great idea.

2 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you don’t have Princess Plus or Princess Premium, you could use it to prepay gratuities.  You could also pay for EZ Air, transfers or a pre- or post-cruise hotel stay.  

Paying the gratuities sounds like a good use for the amount I have left. Can I do that within the booking on Princess.com or do I need to call my CVP or Princess to do this?

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you prepay, does it give you an option to use, FCC’s?  You have to prepay in full though?  Great idea.

You could also use it to add on Plus or Premium if you have enough to cover that. Then you have drinks, wifi, gratuities all paid in advance...

3 minutes ago, LImom said:

Paying the gratuities sounds like a good use for the amount I have left. Can I do that within the booking on Princess.com or do I need to call my CVP or Princess to do this?

I'm pretty sure you would need to have them do it, but you can try it yourself if you go to payments in your personaliser and choose the prepay grats option. It will come up with the payment options and, if you can do it that way, will deduct FCC from total. If it shows full amount, you would need to call.

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm pretty sure you would need to have them do it, but you can try it yourself if you go to payments in your personaliser and choose the prepay grats option. It will come up with the payment options and, if you can do it that way, will deduct FCC from total. If it shows full amount, you would need to call.

Thank you, I just tried and it doesnt give me the option to pay with FCC so I will email my CVP and see if she can do this for me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LImom said:

Thank you, I just tried and it doesnt give me the option to pay with FCC so I will email my CVP and see if she can do this for me.

Good luck! Maybe do the math of what it would cost to have Plus added ($50 pp pd) and if it would be worth doing that to use the FCCs - if you plan on buying wifif and a couple of drinks anyways, it might be worth it. You can use FCC for that definitely!!!!

• Like 1