New testing guidelines

rvlandandsea

4 minutes ago, KatieDub said:

If someone has covid but wants to get on the ship they simply do the test without taking a sample from their nose. Voila negative test. It doesn't prove anything. Of all the changes regarding testing I don't understand this one at all.

Honor system.

54 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

Maybe to determine if you have Covid?

3 hours ago, KatieDub said:

What on earth is the point of an un-proctored test 🤦‍♀️

I’ve been in lab medicine since the late 1980s. I’ve fretted fumed and worried about lab tests my entire adult life.

The most fundamental first lesson we are taught in “pathology school” is the bedrock importance of patient/sample identification. What this policy says to me loud and clear is that the testing is not important to the cruiseline, only the appearance of doing something matters.

I will do what I originally planned to do, which is the hard thing, but the truly helpful thing - wear a mask and avoid people for the 2 weeks prior to leaving for Europe - including masking for two 8 hour car drives with my husband and masking at my grandsons birthday party. Taking lots of tests during those 2 weeks and keeping negative.

For the record, even though it would be harder for me personally, Carnivals policy of no testing except proctored tests for long cruises, TAs and a couple of other exceptions makes way more clinical sense - although it is rapidly going to become harder to find those proctored tests. Maybe time stamped photos of 2 Ag tests 48 hours apart. Or a big bin of tests at the port, put people into 15 minute groups, do their own test and check the swab on the way out the door?

Or how about recognize that this is all silly?

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, KatieDub said:

If someone has covid but wants to get on the ship they simply do the test without taking a sample from their nose. Voila negative test. It doesn't prove anything. Of all the changes regarding testing I don't understand this one at all.

Celebrity, I guess has trust in its passengers.

1 hour ago, colingu said:

Where did you see this, as when I look up the info earlier today and again just now, it is basically the same but says the testing is to be within 3 days of sailing for all pax!!

On the X Website for Italy departures AFTER Sept 5th

20 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

Celebrity, I guess has trust in its passengers.

Well that's just crazy....trust in 2-3000 people most of which you know nothing about.

At this point they should either leave the requirement of a proctored test, or one done at a medical facility or just eliminate it entirely.   I don't care which, I've been vaccinated, boosted and boosted again, but to say you just need ANY test done anywhere with out any medical assistance is goofy and just time consuming for no real purpose.   I or anyone can take a test and use the same one for everyone in their group.... goofy.

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

What this policy says to me loud and clear is that the testing is not important to the cruiseline, only the appearance of doing something matters.

Exactly.

I give this new 'self reporting' option a very short life span. Soon there will be zero testing for all.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Honor system.

Which would work just as well without having to present a negative test.

"Did you test yourself for covid?"
Ummm... I ... uh... oh, that... SURE did!
"Ok, we trust you. Welcome aboard"

Works whether you present a verbal or a false-negative test. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, rvlandandsea said:

It is as of August 15,  cruises starting September 5, no testing for vaccinated , on 8 nights or less. US and Europe with some exceptions.  Sorry can’t do a copy. 

Except Canada 🙁

35 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Well that's just crazy....trust in 2-3000 people most of which you know nothing about.

At this point they should either leave the requirement of a proctored test, or one done at a medical facility or just eliminate it entirely.   I don't care which, I've been vaccinated, boosted and boosted again, but to say you just need ANY test done anywhere with out any medical assistance is goofy and just time consuming for no real purpose.   I or anyone can take a test and use the same one for everyone in their group.... goofy.

Don't you have to that every time you board a ship for a cruise? Trust the other passengers not to have upset stomaches or any other transferable illness.

Of course anyone can lie, you will only know when Covid  or any other problem becomes rife on the ship.

However I do believe that those who self test and have a positive test will contact Celebrity and negotiate a refund or FCC.🤣🤮

Edited by Redrobo

13 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Looked at healthy at sea. It’s not there

Celebrity's Canadian site has it. Scroll back to post #11 i posted a screenshot. The US site probably is just slower in updating.

Edited by Smmessineo

59 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

Don't you have to that every time you board a ship for a cruise? Trust the other passengers not to have upset stomaches or any other transferable illness.

Of course anyone can lie, you will only know when Covid  or any other problem becomes rife on the ship.

However I do believe that those who self test and have a positive test will contact Celebrity and negotiate a refund or FCC.🤣🤮

Yup. In the beginning I was a proponent of 100% vaccinated, strict testing as cruising resumed. At this point, with covid being endemic, in  my opinion, the continued testing is equivalent to being tested for the flu before you board, or norovirus, or other transmittable diseases.

I've been cruising for 20 years, always fill out the health forms honestly and trust most  others to do the same. And I have come down with noro one one long cruise and flu on another ( though vaccinated). Two of the worst experiences of my life. But i don't think it warrants everyone being tested.

The only thing I've changed about my cruises now is i finally started buying cruise insurance. 

1 hour ago, Redrobo said:

I wish I had that much trust in people, unfortunately I don't.  I do believe the vast majority will do what is right, but there are always, always those that won't and this "protocol" makes it easy for those very people to slide by. 

Is anyone else still having this issue?

X website says a negative antigen test within 3 days of sailing from US port (we are going out of Port Everglades) but the email we got for our cruise to the Caribbean next week says within 2 days.  I don't feel waiting on the phone for a length of time to speak to someone at X would provide any foolproof clarification.  It always depends on "who you talk to"

4 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

You have to go to U.S. sailings and then scroll down and it will have Canada....makes no sense.

Thanks! Last I checked Canada was not part of the US 🤨 
I know a test is required when boarding a ship in Canada, so thats what I’ll do. 

1 minute ago, crusin'k said:

X website says a negative antigen test within 3 days of sailing from US port (we are going out of Port Everglades) but the email we got for our cruise to the Caribbean next week says within 2 days.  I don't feel waiting on the phone for a length of time to speak to someone at X would provide any foolproof clarification.  It always depends on "who you talk to"

Follow the website. 

On the USA site for all LA departures beginning on 9/5/22:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/los-angeles-travel-requirements

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 5 nights or less, no testing is required.

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Unvaccinated Guests

For all sailings, unvaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

I don't see a downside to doing it within 2 days and then you’re covered.

• Like 1