Problem Booking Cruise Online?

Ladyshopper23

Have tried 6 times today to book a cruise online, and each time it has come up after looking as if the payment card was going to go through as "something went wrong."

I've tried different payment cards, cleared my cookies, all the usual.

I want to book online, as going through topcashback to get some extra cashback (£120). Never been a problem before.

Anyone else had issues today?

I'm in the UK (just in case that matters).

1 hour ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Have tried 6 times today to book a cruise online, and each time it has come up after looking as if the payment card was going to go through as "something went wrong."

I've tried different payment cards, cleared my cookies, all the usual.

I want to book online, as going through topcashback to get some extra cashback (£120). Never been a problem before.

Anyone else had issues today?

I'm in the UK (just in case that matters).

Or on your phone, instead of a PC, or vice versa.

I booked one just fine but had a similar problem when coming to the payment section trying to book another. Tried about 3 times with no luck. was using my laptop so switched to my phone and it went through just fine.  Maybe a lot of bookings today with the $50 deposit is gumming things up. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

I booked one just fine but had a similar problem when coming to the payment section trying to book another. Tried about 3 times with no luck. was using my laptop so switched to my phone and it went through just fine.  Maybe a lot of bookings today with the $50 deposit is gumming things up. 

Probably right. Glad the phone worked.

21 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I have had this issue for 4-6 months.  Talking on the phone to a rep was of little use as they are non-technical.  I asked if I could get their IT support as this obviously was something related to my profile and their system as the error only occurs if I am logged but was told there was no option for this and was told to email customer relations who did not reply to my email. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dns65 said:

I have had this issue for 4-6 months.  Talking on the phone to a rep was of little use as they are non-technical.  I asked if I could get their IT support as this obviously was something related to my profile and their system as the error only occurs if I am logged but was told there was no option for this and was told to email customer relations who did not reply to my email. 

That is really annoying for you.

I have FCC in my account that I want to use, so need to book with Princess (otherwise this would really put me off).

I don't want to lose the change to go through a cashback site, £120 is a fair amount to lose just because their online booking system doesn't seem to want to play ball. I guess I'll have to call up tomorrow and see what's going on.

4 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I guess I'll have to call up tomorrow and see what's going on.

Should you find a solution to the issue, please reply back to this post so I can see if your fix works for me too.  Thank you

• Like 1

Had this issue a few months back. I was using the “auto-fill” feature my tablet has to quickly populate the CC information. Once I deleted and manually typed in the information my payment was accepted.

Also make sure you don’t add any blank spaces after CC number

9 hours ago, Carla3 said:

Had this issue a few months back. I was using the “auto-fill” feature my tablet has to quickly populate the CC information. Once I deleted and manually typed in the information my payment was accepted.

Also make sure you don’t add any blank spaces after CC number

I'm definitely not doing either of these 2 things, I've even tried using 2 different payment cards! Thank you for the tips though, much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found out what was causing my error.  They insist in expanding out where i put "Blvd NW" into full text of Boulevard Northwest which seems to be too long of an address field.  I put in my brothers shorter address and the error goes away.  Perhaps your error was being caused by your address?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dns65 said:

I have found out what was causing my error.  They insist in expanding out where i put "Blvd NW" into full text of Boulevard Northwest which seems to be too long of an address field.  I put in my brothers shorter address and the error goes away.  Perhaps your error was being caused by your address?

Thank you. I never did get to the bottom of it.

Ended up sending an email to the president and execs (found the email addresses on another post on here), never got a reply. My personal cruise consultant never called me back.

I did get a call about my future cruise deposits (no idea if that was as a result of my email to the president or email to guest relations), which they have honoured the onboard credit for.

I ended up booking through a travel agent, for a better rate than I would get through Princess.

Overall am happy, but still no idea whether I can actually book a cruise online or not!

I realize that this response is too late since you've already done a workaround with a TA...but *possibly* you could have put your cruise on hold, exited (logged off), logged back in and then gone  to the payments section (or wherever it takes you in the case of a hold) and *maybe* it would have accepted that route.  I cannot speak with any experience here...just a suggestion!

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I realize that this response is too late since you've already done a workaround with a TA...but *possibly* you could have put your cruise on hold, exited (logged off), logged back in and then gone  to the payments section (or wherever it takes you in the case of a hold) and *maybe* it would have accepted that route.  I cannot speak with any experience here...just a suggestion!

This is a good suggestion for people who are having problems. It is the payment section that you would go to and add the deposit. One thing to pay attention to is make sure you've only selected deposit if that's what you're doing. I screwed this up once and paid in full, since the radio button for paid in full came up selected when the page loaded. Don't know if it's still like that, but it was at one point.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

When you put a cabin on "hold", in my experience, you have to call to complete the deposit...unless you want to pay the whole fare.