Club Orange/Mariner's points

happywandering

34 minutes ago, happywandering said:

Does Club Orange count toward mariner's points?  Getting close to 4 star and need whatever I can get.  🤩

Club Orange does not increase Mariner Points. Suites bought at full price (not an upgrade, not even a paid upgrade) gives one additional point per day. $300 dollars spending (per cabin) gives another point up to but not exceeding the actual days. 

So the MOST you can get for, say, a 10-day cruise is 30 points.

Incidentally, the dollars earned by the Signature Beverage Package are (or at least were pre-shut-down) figured as if you had bought the limit of drinks per day, or 15x$11 times two if two in the room, so just having SBP was enough to make your spending points. 

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, happywandering said:

Follow up question

I understand I can expect a cabin upgrade with Club Orange.  I will be in a VA category.  What will my upgrade likely be?

You work the cabin upgrade at Club Orange purchase time.  The upgrades are "within meta category" upgrades.  So, if you are in a balcony cabin, your upgrade will be to another balcony cabin.  You can't use Club Orange to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony or from a balcony to a suite.

Your best "bang for the buck" is, if you know that the specific cabin you want is available, is to contact HAL and book the lowest category cabin in your "meta category" which would be the lowest price verandah category.  Then tell the HAL agent you want to buy Club Orange and upgrade your cabin.  Have the agent upgrade you to the higher category verandah cabin you want...you're done.

We did that and got the specific V-class cabin we wanted all along and the booking came in $60 lower,  AFTER the Club Orange fee, compared to if we had just booked the V-class cabin from the start.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Club Orange does not increase Mariner Points. Suites bought at full price (not an upgrade, not even a paid upgrade) gives one additional point per day. $300 dollars spending (per cabin) gives another point up to but not exceeding the actual days. 

So the MOST you can get for, say, a 10-day cruise is 30 points.

Incidentally, the dollars earned by the Signature Beverage Package are (or at least were pre-shut-down) figured as if you had bought the limit of drinks per day, or 15x$11 times two if two in the room, so just having SBP was enough to make your spending points. 

This was a helpful post for me. If I understand correctly, a passenger in a suite on a ten-day cruise can earn the following points?

10 cruise day points:

10 bonus points for being in a suite;

AND Up to 10 more bonus points based on onboard spending?

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

This was a helpful post for me. If I understand correctly, a passenger in a suite on a ten-day cruise can earn the following points?

10 cruise day points:

10 bonus points for being in a suite;

AND Up to 10 more bonus points based on onboard spending?

Thanks,

Chris

Correct.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:35 PM, AFNavigator said:

You work the cabin upgrade at Club Orange purchase time.  The upgrades are "within meta category" upgrades.  So, if you are in a balcony cabin, your upgrade will be to another balcony cabin.  You can't use Club Orange to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony or from a balcony to a suite.

Your best "bang for the buck" is, if you know that the specific cabin you want is available, is to contact HAL and book the lowest category cabin in your "meta category" which would be the lowest price verandah category.  Then tell the HAL agent you want to buy Club Orange and upgrade your cabin.  Have the agent upgrade you to the higher category verandah cabin you want...you're done.

We did that and got the specific V-class cabin we wanted all along and the booking came in $60 lower,  AFTER the Club Orange fee, compared to if we had just booked the V-class cabin from the start.  

We did the same and the total cost was $180 less than booking the preferred cabin for a week, plus we get the value of CO - the boarding and tender priority is a big perk IMO.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, OmarOak said:

We did the same and the total cost was $180 less than booking the preferred cabin for a week, plus we get the value of CO - the boarding and tender priority is a big perk IMO.

Our deal got even better today.  I called HAL this evening to see if I could get a price adjustment as a result of the "40% off 2022 Cruises + Crew Appreciation" sale that ends today.  Expecting to be on hold for an hour or more, I was surprised to get an agent within 10 seconds (yes 10 seconds!) of the menu selection recording end.

I asked if I could get a price adjustment to match the fare shown on a dummy booking.  I expected to get a $135 reduction.  The agent said no, it wouldn't be $135, it would be a $482 reduction.  Pressing my luck, I asked if the free gratuities for 2 portion of the promotion might apply.  He said yes and applied that discount too.  The whole process, from dialing HAL's main number to getting a confirmation e-mail, took less than 10 minutes and saved us a total of $699! 

• Like 9