Who at Princess has ability to check “no upgrade” and link 2 cruises?

ocean sounds

I called Princess number from the website, and followed prompts for no travel agent and booked online, and eventually ‘none of these things’ hold on the line for next navigator.    Tried this with 2 different agents. 

Neither one knew anything about going in to a reservation and setting “Do Not Upgrade”.   Isn’t that still a possibility?  I don’t want to be moved from this MF cabin for a pseudo-upgrade.  Also, neither agent knew anything about connecting 2 reservations as a B2B.    

Apparently I got the wrong department twice.  Can anyone kindly advise who can handle these actions for me, please?  Thanks!

Edited by ocean sounds
Typo typo

The reps you talked to are supposed to know how to do these things...however, they're likely new and aren't thoroughly trained.

Maybe try going through a CVP? If you've gotten an email from one, contact that person. If no email, call Princess and ask to be assigned a CVP.

I had a problem that was solved by a CVP. I was so impressed with his service, I've since used him to book 2 cruises.

• Thanks 1

I had a PVP originally book these 2 cruises.  She’s unresponsive since then. 

I rebooked the 2 sailings myself with a more favorable cabin that popped up overnight (different cabin category), and paid deposit online. And had the original PVP’s 2 sailings canceled. . Can’t in good conscience ask that PVP to service it.   Well, if I ever get to talk to her again.  🤷🏼‍♀️  

thanks so much for responding.

41 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

I called Princess number from the website, and followed prompts for no travel agent and booked online, and eventually ‘none of these things’ hold on the line for next navigator.    Tried this with 2 different agents. 

Neither one knew anything about going in to a reservation and setting “Do Not Upgrade”.   Isn’t that still a possibility?  I don’t want to be moved from this MF cabin for a pseudo-upgrade.  Also, neither agent knew anything about connecting 2 reservations as a B2B.    

Apparently I got the wrong department twice.  Can anyone kindly advise who can handle these actions for me, please?  Thanks!

I would call first thing tmrw 6 am PT when most likely you will have a agent who is experienced. They should be able to mark it no upgrade and cross reference the two bookings to show no UG on either one.  If they don’t know how, they should just transfer you to customer solutions to get this done.  

You can always change your CVP if you aren’t happy with one or ask to be assigned to one on a current booking.

• Thanks 1

I had an auto-call back scheduled, and an experienced agent was on the line.  What a great help.   Apparently the first agent I talked to today connected my first (of the B2B) cruise to four other people’s cruises (I knew none of  them).  The first agent told me she was trying to link but not working.  

last agent also entered the NUP in the reservations.  

Thanks, everyone!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

I had an auto-call back scheduled, and an experienced agent was on the line.  What a great help.   Apparently the first agent I talked to today connected my first (of the B2B) cruise to four other people’s cruises (I knew none of  them).  The first agent told me she was trying to link but not working.  

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, I was going to say, any PCL rep - a CVP or regular cruise rep could do the two things you wanted NP.  It is a simple process in POLAR (no Customer Solutions needed; no Supervisor needed).  IDK if your first calls resulted in getting to the OCEAN team because you certainly didn't need/want a "navigator" to solve a booking issue.  A friend of mine is royally screwed up due to an OCEAN person messing in her records when what she needed was a regular agent conversant with POLAR.  Hope you are good-to-go now.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I was going to say, any PCL rep - a CVP or regular cruise rep could do the two things you wanted NP.  It is a simple process in POLAR (no Customer Solutions needed; no Supervisor needed).  IDK if your first calls resulted in getting to the OCEAN team because you certainly didn't need/want a "navigator" to solve a booking issue.  A friend of mine is royally screwed up due to an OCEAN person messing in her records when what she needed was a regular agent conversant with POLAR.  Hope you are good-to-go now.

thanks for the input!  

It’s been a decade since I last sailed Princess.   I’m really not familiar with the difference between Navigator and OCEAN.  Since they are sailing from Galveston again, I’m booking Princess and making up for lost time

🌞🛳🏝

Edited by ocean sounds

10 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

thanks for the input!  

It’s been a decade since I last sailed Princess.   I’m really not familiar with the difference between Navigator and OCEAN.  Since they are sailing from Galveston again, I’m booking Princess and making up for lost time

🌞🛳🏝

OCEAN is the over-arcing system name and team for the Medallion Class and MC App.  Princess employees both on the ship and on the phone who assist with MC App issues and functionality are called "Navigators".  Think user/tech support.  Totally different employees than the regular Princess phone rep that books or changes cruises for guests.  Navigators are all about Medallion Class specifics, whereas the regular phone reps are about sales, bookings, ship features, etc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Thanks, everyone!

Yesterday I called and thought of choosing the "auto-call back" option, then decided to wait because I don't know if auto-call back keeps my place in line.  

How long did you wait before you got a call back?  

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

OCEAN is the over-arcing system name and team for the Medallion Class and MC App.  Princess employees both on the ship and on the phone who assist with MC App issues and functionality are called "Navigators".  Think user/tech support.  Totally different employees than the regular Princess phone rep that books or changes cruises for guests.  Navigators are all about Medallion Class specifics, whereas the regular phone reps are about sales, bookings, ship features, etc.  

Thanks for this!  I definitely didn’t need a Navigator!  Not sure why the phone system sent me that way,  likely user (me!) error.   

I really appreciate the explanation.  Thanks, @Steelers36 !

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yesterday I called and thought of choosing the "auto-call back" option, then decided to wait because I don't know if auto-call back keeps my place in line.  

How long did you wait before you got a call back?  

I used that feature and I got a call back about 45 mins later.  Didn’t help me, but I did get a call back. 😬

• Haha 1

@ocean soundsif cabins are side by side or in close proximity & linked then they'd need to upgrade all so that they stay in close proximity (or so my top notched retired CVP told me when I linked 4 bc of minors kids & adult kids)

Edited by Ombud

16 hours ago, Ombud said:

@ocean soundsif cabins are side by side or in close proximity & linked then they'd need to upgrade all so that they stay in close proximity (or so my top notched retired CVP told me when I linked 4 bc of minors kids & adult kids)

oh, thanks.  I probably didn’t state it properly.  It’s 2 cruises, B2B that I wanted linked or connected so ship was aware I’d stay on for the next sailing. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

oh, thanks.  I probably didn’t state it properly.  It’s 2 cruises, B2B that I wanted linked or connected so ship was aware I’d stay on for the next sailing. 

You said it correctly  there’s a few different things being mentioned in this thread.😄.  

Linking your booking is done by Princess ( you or TA contact Princess to request it). Linking let’s Princess know you are staying on the ship for the next voyage.  If you were willing to accept an upgrade they would consider this and look at upgrading both voyages to keep you in the same cabin when possible.

Requesting no upgrade, meta upgrade to next category, or any upgrade can be done by Princess, your TA. 

Assigning a Traveling With ID  TW ID  is done by Princess or your TA.  This helps Princess identify cabins that are traveling together and is particularly useful when families are traveling together in 2 or more cabins.

Edited by Shelly97060
Separated acronym for traveling with ID since it seemed to cause issue with post.