Bringing Drinks on Board

safarigal

Simple answer is no to alcohol. At every port Fred screens every single passenger, every single bag and every single package. Any booze is instantly confiscated and only returned at the end of the cruise. The only alcohol that you can take on board is what you've already consumed ashore.

2 hours ago, safarigal said:

Is it OK to brings cans of soda (Coca Cola), a bottle of bubbly, and a bottle on single malt whisky on board Bolette? 

No problems at all with soft drinks or water with Fred.

I think the only main cruise line which allows you to take a limited amount of alcohol on ships at initial embarkation is P&O.  In most ports bags are screened by security as you return to the ship.

Edited by tring

Just for information, Fred Olsen do a very well priced drinks package (currently £25 pppd on over 6 days and £35 for short cruises). It covers basic drinks but also offers 50% off off premium drinks.

Champagne and sparkling wine is excluded from the 50% reduction. 

Link attached below.

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruising-information/drinks-upgrade

Thanks for all of the information! We like to sit on our balcony and have sundowners before getting ready for dinner, so we usually bring some bubbly and single malt on board with us. It's annoying that Fred doesn't allow this, but we will just have to buy our sundowners on board. Quite easily done I'm sure :).

9 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Enjoy reading your blogs. When/where are you sailing?

We are on the Bolette for the October 26th Azores cruise - trying something different! I'm a bit disappointed that we will not be able to bring our usual supplies on board :).

• Haha 1

We like a gin and tonic on our balcony before dinner, and order a 1 litre bottle of gin and cans of tonic from our cabin stewardess.  You will find an order form for alcoholic drinks in your cabin.  I hope you enjoy your cruise!

7 hours ago, LandC said:

We like a gin and tonic on our balcony before dinner, and order a 1 litre bottle of gin and cans of tonic from our cabin stewardess.  You will find an order form for alcoholic drinks in your cabin.  I hope you enjoy your cruise!

That's good news, thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, safarigal said:

Thanks for all of the information! We like to sit on our balcony and have sundowners before getting ready for dinner, so we usually bring some bubbly and single malt on board with us. It's annoying that Fred doesn't allow this, but we will just have to buy our sundowners on board. Quite easily done I'm sure :).

Well there you go Safarigal 😅   you should be sticking with  our beloved Cunard ...... You are far too sophisticated for Fred .😉

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2022 at 6:00 AM, safarigal said:

We are on the Bolette for the October 26th Azores cruise - trying something different! I'm a bit disappointed that we will not be able to bring our usual supplies on board :).

Good Luck 😉  I doubt you'll return .

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 6:46 PM, safarigal said:

Well, they cancelled the cruise! I was not happy 😞

Did they give a reason why it was cancelled?

They cancelled us in August because of a propeller issue and ironically the cruise you were supposed to be on was one of the alternatives offered! Glad I didn’t book it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Did they give a reason why it was cancelled?

They cancelled us in August because of a propeller issue and ironically the cruise you were supposed to be on was one of the alternatives offered! Glad I didn’t book it.

They decided to do an early dry dock for the ship. Quite annoying!

4 minutes ago, safarigal said:

They decided to do an early dry dock for the ship. Quite annoying!

I would be furious if I were you. Bad enough when they have mechanical issues but this time it’s their choice. How much notice did they give?

I hope you were suitably compensated.

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I would be furious if I were you. Bad enough when they have mechanical issues but this time it’s their choice. How much notice did they give?

I hope you were suitably compensated.

They did give us 2 months notice, not the 4 days I saw people got for the propeller issue.

They suggested 3 other cruises for which we would receive 150 pounds on board credit each. We were unable to switch to these cruises, and they didn't fit in with our flights we had booked from the US to the UK for the cruise :(.  Annoying!

• Like 1