BYOL bring your own lotion

susiesan

I boarded Dawn yesterday in Stockholm for a 10 day Baltic sailing. In the bathroom is shampoo, body wash, and liquid hand soap but no body lotion in a dispenser or  small bottle. This is the first cruise in over 50 I have taken that there has not been lotion in the cabin.

I did ask the cabin attendant about it, she brought me some from somewhere on the ship. She said NCL has become chintz in what they provide as cabin amenities. 

Within the last couple of years prior to Covid they stopped automatically giving it to every stateroom. I found out when I didn't bring any, didn't see any in my cabin, and asked my cabin steward. Thankfully he was able to provide me with a tube. Since then I bring my own. It just another way for the cruise line to save money.

2 hours ago, Middleager said:

My wife always bring her own lotion.  She doesn't like to lotion provided by hotels, ships, says they are often rough or even give allergic reactions.

yep we take our own too, i have sensitive skin and not all lotions are created equal.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

Within the last couple of years prior to Covid they stopped automatically giving it to every stateroom. I found out when I didn't bring any, didn't see any in my cabin, and asked my cabin steward. Thankfully he was able to provide me with a tube. Since then I bring my own. It just another way for the cruise line to save money.

That actually makes sense.  If a large percentage of people don't want or use the ship tubes and they all get tossed out for hygiene at the end of the cruise it is better to turn it into something that is available on demand. 

• Like 1

Very interesting to know. I usually bring my own, but on my upcoming cruise I was thinking that I would skip packing body wash & lotion. But now I guess I will bring my own. I don't want to risk my neighbour being the last cabin to get the last tube of body lotion! Although I'm sure the spa would be happy to sell me a few ounces for $100.

• Haha 1