Le Petite Chef

LadyBerard

We're cruising on the Summit repo this Oct. and have quite a bit of on-board credit, so we booked Le Petite Chef.  We've never done it before.  For those of you who have, what do you recommend ordering for dinner?  If you've had something and it wasn't so great, also please let me know.  

We booked it for night 7 a while ago......before the menus were out on the app. for different nights.

There is a fixed menu with main and alternate choices.  However, sometimes during the cruise the menu will change.  We have been to several and the menu with the crab pasta and the filet with short rib puff pastry thingy 😉 was amazing.  I was also able to have a salad in place of the pea soup one evening when I said that I didn't like pea soup.  I have also read that you can ask the day before if you would like something switched out.  I haven't tried that but could be an option.  The two times that I've done LPC I loved the food!

As soon as you board the ship find out what night Lobster is served in the MDR. On that same night the Menu at LPC will feature Both Filet Min. and Lobster.  Delicious dining and great entertainment!

As has been noted, the menu changes during a cruise.  Me - I'd be sure to get there on the night that the menu includes the ravioli if that's offered during a cruise.  Doesn't sound like a big deal, but wait until you taste it.  A chance to vote for the best dish at the end of the meal (a tradition) seems always to land a ton of applause for that course.  It's both a texture and flavor thing, and I wish they served it elsewhere on the ship as well!

A word of advice - a warning about a technical glitch we've seen.  Get there a couple of minutes early, and before you agree to a table, watch carefully the rim of the plates.  You should not notice any motion from the projection above around the periphery of a plate.  The white light should fill the plate nicely and NOT be moving.  If it is, you'll likely find this a distraction during the 'presentation'.  Move to another table where the projection is rock steady.

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

As has been noted, the menu changes during a cruise.  Me - I'd be sure to get there on the night that the menu includes the ravioli if that's offered during a cruise.  Doesn't sound like a big deal, but wait until you taste it.  A chance to vote for the best dish at the end of the meal (a tradition) seems always to land a ton of applause for that course.  It's both a texture and flavor thing, and I wish they served it elsewhere on the ship as well!

A word of advice - a warning about a technical glitch we've seen.  Get there a couple of minutes early, and before you agree to a table, watch carefully the rim of the plates.  You should not notice any motion from the projection above around the periphery of a plate.  The white light should fill the plate nicely and NOT be moving.  If it is, you'll likely find this a distraction during the 'presentation'.  Move to another table where the projection is rock steady.

We had the "glitch" you mentioned on our Millennium cruise earlier this year.  It was very annoying and, thankfully, they had another table they could move us to.  I think it was just normal ship jitteriness, but it was more noticeable because of the video.

I also agree about the ravioli.  So yummo.  Also, the pea soup was the best I've ever had anywhere.

The experience is so much fun.

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

As soon as you board the ship find out what night Lobster is served in the MDR. On that same night the Menu at LPC will feature Both Filet Min. and Lobster.  Delicious dining and great entertainment!

The filet/lobster meal is the better one agree and part of the original show.  We did the second menu/show(Friends) on the Edge and the food wasn’t very good.

According to the app, I can have the truffled five cheese ravioli and steak frites OR pan roasted sea bass and sauteed chicken breast.  I just don't know if I want the first option or the 2nd option.  Just looking for recommendations.  I like both beef and seafood.

46 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

According to the app, I can have the truffled five cheese ravioli and steak frites OR pan roasted sea bass and sauteed chicken breast.  I just don't know if I want the first option or the 2nd option.  Just looking for recommendations.  I like both beef and seafood.

Go with the first option. It matches the show and completes the experience.

From our experience and knowledge, there are at least two (2) different menus for different evenings.

What did they serve, you will want to ask me and I can honestly say I do not remember as I Am vegan and a specific presentation was done for me.

The 'on-table' movie was different and entertaining for sure, IMO!!!

Would I do it again, likely so if there were friends who had never done it and wanted to try it...

Stay with your current reservation and upon boarding go to find out what menu will be used that evening and the other evenings menu. Then change if you decide that the other menu is more to your liking.

Do that quickly as LP books up fast...

bon appetit and bon voyage

2 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

I would want the truffled five cheese ravioli and the pan roasted sea bass, but they are from different menus.  Do you have the take all of menu 1 or all of menu 2?  Or can you pick something from each? 

You can pick A or B from each course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:42 AM, LadyBerard said:

We're cruising on the Summit repo this Oct. and have quite a bit of on-board credit, so we booked Le Petite Chef.  We've never done it before.  For those of you who have, what do you recommend ordering for dinner?  If you've had something and it wasn't so great, also please let me know.  

We booked it for night 7 a while ago......before the menus were out on the app. for different nights.

According to the app, the menu for LPC for my cruise will change on Day 4.  I like the day 4 menu,  so I booked that night.  I think as an experience, it'll be fun.  

• Like 2

I have read that people have gone here during lobster night in the main dining room. We're going on a 12 night cruise from Boston to Miami in Oct.  Nowhere in the app for menus in the main dining room do I see lobster as an entre listed.

4 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I have read that people have gone here during lobster night in the main dining room. We're going on a 12 night cruise from Boston to Miami in Oct.  Nowhere in the app for menus in the main dining room do I see lobster as an entre listed.

I am on a 12-night cruise out of Rome on Oct. 5 and the app only shows the LPC menus for the first four evenings.  There is no lobster shown but that does not tell me anything about night 5, which is lobster night in Luminae and in the MDRs.  Do all 12 menus show up for your October cruise?

Edited by actuarian
Add information

I think there are 3, and maybe, as someone posted a 4th one on her live thread, and it seems they add one with each new ship.

The first was just le petit chef making a surf and turf menu.

Two was le petit chef and friends - that has the ravioli.  

Three was family - it goes through the seasons.

And then I just saw something about the history of food.

I've done the first 3.  For me it was once and done, but once turned out to be a lot more times than one, since I kept going with new people.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I think there are 3, and maybe, as someone posted a 4th one on her live thread, and it seems they add one with each new ship.

The first was just le petit chef making a surf and turf menu.

Two was le petit chef and friends - that has the ravioli.  

Three was family - it goes through the seasons.

And then I just saw something about the history of food.

I've done the first 3.  For me it was once and done, but once turned out to be a lot more times than one, since I kept going with new people.

We did the first and second.  Loved the first thought the food on the second was meh.

10 hours ago, actuarian said:

I am on a 12-night cruise out of Rome on Oct. 5 and the app only shows the LPC menus for the first four evenings.  There is no lobster shown but that does not tell me anything about night 5, which is lobster night in Luminae and in the MDRs.  Do all 12 menus show up for your October cruise?

Yes, all 12  nights' menus do show up, but I am  not seeing a night with lobster tails in the main dining room.

11 hours ago, Oville said:

We did the first and second.  Loved the first thought the food on the second was meh.

I also did the first two. The first menu, which was the only menu for several years, was marvelous.  That was the menu which included bouillabaisse, lobster tail, and filet steak.  The second menu was nowhere near as good but I assume the change was to please the accountants by reducing the cost of the food.

1 hour ago, actuarian said:

I also did the first two. The first menu, which was the only menu for several years, was marvelous.  That was the menu which included bouillabaisse, lobster tail, and filet steak.  The second menu was nowhere near as good but I assume the change was to please the accountants by reducing the cost of the food.

Definitely would like to get the lobster, been there on my last three cruises but they didn’t have it , will check when we are on board to see when lobster is offered.  I might need to actually pay for it on next cruise, my last three cruises had higher end suites that included specialty restaurants.

Edited by George C