NCL shareholder credit

jonthomas

3 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

cant just assume it is there if we have no way of proving it.....

Have you tried spending it in your account? If it has been allocated you should be able to use it to buy La Reserve? it will then show up in your cart. You won’t have to go through with the purchase

image.thumb.png.b3aa71222b165c5e72398a17c0e89600.png

maybe  with people sending in their applications  several times  it is slowing down the process  for everyone

If they have 6 application for the same person on the same cruise  it  will take more time to sort it out

JMO

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

maybe  with people sending in their applications  several times  it is slowing down the process  for everyone

If they have 6 application for the same person on the same cruise  it  will take more time to sort it out

An application is supposed to generate an automated reply. Automated. If it doesn’t then it has not entered their system. Lyn it is an absolutely terrible section of Oceania - inconsistent, non-responsive, not friendly.

We haven’t even talked about the methods they use to minimize your benefit once it is dealt with. The whole experience is unkind.

• Thanks 1

My understanding is that the Shareholder credit applications are handled by a single person.  She is also the person who handles the Free Cruise process for the O Club. We have found her to be very helpful and responsive and professional. Sorry for your negative experience but I know O prides itself in providing excellent service. We have cruised O over 15 years and over 20 cruises and made hundreds of phone calls and we have never had poor service.  Like in every family, someone can wake up a bit cranky or perhaps just finished a call dealing with a very rude guest so they may not be in the best frame of mind. 
Cut some slack and always treat others as you would want to be treated and just killem with kindness and it will come back to you just as positively. JMHO
Mauibabes. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Cut some slack and always treat others as you would want to be treated and just killem with kindness and it will come back to you just as positively

Hard to do when you cannot even talk to them. Being a sycophant would yield you no results.

Our TA, who is well-connected with Oceania had her emails ignored.

After escalating up the Oceania phone answerers, the supervisor had me send her the information (our request for shareholder benefit had been ignored for six weeks). The supervisor received a reply after another week.

‘Even with all that, the shareholder benefit was incorrectly (wrong amount) allocated. Our TA, in frustration, made up the short-changed amount out of her company’s funds.

Lack of consistent policy. Inconsistent service. Absolutely no communication. 
A number of clients have reported the same which is why this thread pops up every couple of months - and these people who are being treated this way are the owners (shareholders) of the company. 

wow, didnt know it would be so difficult...

we are relatively new to O....only 3 cruises....50 with Celeb....have RCI shares, only took a day or two and the response would be direct from Celeb...no need to bother the TA....

this is certainly different to say the least....

13 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Once you are on board you will love it!

If you read these boards, complaints almost always center around lack of information or inconsistent information. Sometimes written policies are out-of-date leaving clients to search for the right answer. 

These are reasons most of us use a good TA.

• Like 1

oh yes agreed.....that is why we are no longer on Celeb...love O....and hope to accumulate significant  loyalty within the next couple of years....

yeah will be scouring for a good TA...ours is very generous with rebates...but that is about it....hard to find a combo for both....

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

wow, didnt know it would be so difficult...

we are relatively new to O....only 3 cruises....50 with Celeb....have RCI shares, only took a day or two and the response would be direct from Celeb...no need to bother the TA....

There are many responses that the credit showed up correctly within a few days of submitting.   Our experience after many cruises is that the shareholder credit showed up in a few days and was always correctly noted when we got onboard.  The only difference is that usually it shows up in the onboard credit (can be seen in your account online) and sometimes it shows up as an amenity (shows up on O invoice).  We always have our TA send us an updated O invoice after a few days and it has always been then...

27 minutes ago, basor said:

There are many responses that the credit showed up correctly within a few days of submitting

Of course … and that is what is frustrating. It is inconsistent. . Read the experiences on this thread.

It should be a simple process with simple rules.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

Of course … and that is what is frustrating. It is inconsistent. . Read the experiences on this thread.

It should be a simple process with simple rules.

Thank you - it is quite obvious that I have read the experiences on this thread because that is why I wanted to relate our experience that not everyone has a terrible time getting their shareholder credit applied.  Just trying to give a bit of perspective.

Question about documentation to those with experience.  I just bought 100 shares for an upcoming cruise but I did it in an IRA that only kicks out brokerage statements on a quarterly basis.

I expect one of those will be available at the end of September if need be.

However has anybody ever sent in a Buy Trade Confirm Statement which shows your name and purchase of 100 shares?

Unfortunately screen shots probably would not work in my case because they do not show my name on any screen with the purchased share summary.

8 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Question about documentation to those with experience.  I just bought 100 shares for an upcoming cruise but I did it in an IRA that only kicks out brokerage statements on a quarterly basis.

However has anybody ever sent in a Buy Trade Confirm Statement which shows your name and purchase of 100 shares?

Unfortunately screen shots probably would not work in my case because they do not show my name on any screen with the purchased share summary.

I am sure you should be able to request a statement from your broker at any time.  We can sign into our brokerage account and print off a current holdings statement....that is what we do for proof of ownership. Just print off the page with NCLH on it and then black out account# and any other holdings reflected on the page.

4 minutes ago, basor said:

I am sure you should be able to request a statement from your broker at any time.  We can sign into our brokerage account and print off a current holdings statement....that is what we do for proof of ownership. Just print off the page with NCLH on it and then black out account# and any other holdings reflected on the page.

Except it doesn't show my name it could look like anybodies position statement.  The actual monthly statements as well as the Trade Confirm statements that look more like printed docs show my name and account numbers.

I would assume they would want to match that stuff up.

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

Except it doesn't show my name it could look like anybodies position statement.  The actual monthly statements as well as the Trade Confirm statements that look more like printed docs show my name and account numbers.

I would assume they would want to match that stuff up.

I can't answer that - our name and account number appear when I print off our account (Charles Schwab)

4 minutes ago, basor said:

I can't answer that - our name and account number appear when I print off our account (Charles Schwab)

I use Schwab as well.  So when you say you print are you printing a monthly/quarterly statement or are you bringing up the current position list on the account and clicking the print link on the upper right near  the "Refresh Help Export"  links?

I don't have a quarterly statement yet with the stock as I just bought it today.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 2.53.10 PM.png

22 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I use Schwab as well.  So when you say you print are you printing a monthly/quarterly statement or are you bringing up the current position list on the account and clicking the print link on the upper right near  the "Refresh Help Export"  links?

I don't have a quarterly statement yet with the stock as I just bought it today.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 2.53.10 PM.png

Schwab creates a monthly statement so the next one will be tomorrow....

Go to statements, scroll down and you will see your trade confirmations, click on the trade for purchase of NCLH,  you will see an icon for pdf  to right and when you click on that it opens up a document with your name, account information, etc.  If you scroll down to page 3 (at least on mine), you will find a very neat 1 page with everything you need for documentation....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zalusky said:

I just logon to my IRA brokerage account and print my holding, blacking out the account number, and use that.  Has worked every time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, annandme said:

I just logon to my IRA brokerage account and print my holding, blacking out the account number, and use that.  Has worked every time.

The trade transaction appeared under statements this morning.  I generated an email and got the credit showing up on my booking in less than an hour.  Nice!  Thanks everybody.

• Like 3