Pre-cruise Hotel in Rome ??

PS0DSH

I am going to be taking the October 22 celebrity constellation transatlantic cruise out of Rome. We were going to arrive a day early just to make sure something doesn’t happen with our flights. Where is a good place to stay for that one night before the cruise departs? Thanks for your help!

18 hours ago, MustBCruzn said:

We've stayed many times at 9Hotel Cesari and have it booked again for our upcoming cruise in October. It's in a great location and the rooftop bar (also used for the buffet breakfast) is fantastic.

I've stayed there in the past but they were getting a bit run-down, then were purchased by a new company and undergoing a major renovation right before COVID.

Have you stayed with them since that?  Would love to hear your feedback on it if you have. Or if not, your feedback on it after your October cruise.

I like the location very much and their rooftop bar area is great. Just would like to know about the current room condition and whether the hotel management is still warm and friendly.

51 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've stayed there in the past but they were getting a bit run-down, then were purchased by a new company and undergoing a major renovation right before COVID.

Have you stayed with them since that?  Would love to hear your feedback on it if you have. Or if not, your feedback on it after your October cruise.

I like the location very much and their rooftop bar area is great. Just would like to know about the current room condition and whether the hotel management is still warm and friendly.

Our October pre-cruise stay will be our first since thier renovation. However, my brother and SIL stayed there last month for 3 days prior to thier HAL cruise and raved about it. They had stayed there twice before with us on previous cruises, so they had that to compare to. They said it's still thier go-to Rome hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I’m curious what you think of this apartment’s location. 

The location looks very good. It's south of Piazza Navona and close to Campo dei Fiori, which is very good in terms of restaurant choices. I personally prefer to stay nearer the Pantheon (which I consider to be "ground zero" center of historical Rome) but this is certainly in a good zone in terms of convenience and nice to stroll.

• Like 1

We're arriving into Rome Oct. 4 and staying at the Hilton airport hotel.  Since our cruise leaves Oct. 5, we didn't think it worth it to travel into Rome for basically 1 night.  We've been fortunate to have visited several times, so for this trip, staying at the airport made better sense to us.

Morning of the cruise, we have Bob's Limos picking us up at 10 for the ride to CIVITAVECCHIA.

Susan

On 8/17/2022 at 3:48 PM, MustBCruzn said:

We've stayed many times at 9Hotel Cesari and have it booked again for our upcoming cruise in October. It's in a great location and the rooftop bar (also used for the buffet breakfast) is fantastic.

We've also stayed many times at Albergo Cesari...now 9Hotel Cesari.  Guess the new owners feel the new name sounds more Italian. 🙄

Although it appear the rooftop has been upgraded, reports I have read say the rooms did not receive much of a refurbishment.  Now the daily room rate is more than Albergo del Senato for an inferior experience IMHO.

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

We've also stayed many times at Albergo Cesari...now 9Hotel Cesari.  Guess the new owners feel the new name sounds more Italian. 🙄

9Hotel is a chain of boutique hotels found across Europe.

9Hotel Collection Boutique Hotels brand hotels in Ohain, Lasne, Belgium - Reservations.com

The original owners were bought out.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone familiar with Hotel Navona (cruisemom ?), when I inquired with the hotel staff about whether their location was accessible for our car service to drop us off at the hotel, they said “no, we’re in the LZT (?) limited traffic zone”. Any insight on approx how far away we’ll need to be dropped off with luggage for the walk to the hotel?

Thanks 

We stayed at Hotel Delle Nazioni last time we were in Rome (5 nights) and we really liked it.  The breakfast buffet was good enough to carry us through to lunches and the hotel is located right around the corner from the Trevi Fountain and within walking distance to many of the "must-see sights"

Also ... cars can drive up to this hotel and drop you off right at the door.

I'm starting to book hotels and flights for my May 2023 B2B out of Rome.  I will be arriving in Rome on a 2:00 pm flight that was part of a long overnight into Madrid then continuing on to Rome on a separately purchased flight later that morning.  The things we do to use "free" airline miles!

Anyway, I'm figuring, by 2pm, I will be exhausted upon landing in Rome.  Normally, I would take the Fiumicino Express into Termini and then either Metro or taxi to my hotel, depending on where I'm staying.

However, I just started to book at the Albergo del Senato, where they have a reasonably priced single room available.  During Booking, they offer an airport pickup and transfer directly to the hotel for 65 euros.  While obviously more expensive than the train and taxi, this sounds pretty tempting given my long trip.  

Has anyone had good (bad?) experience with car transfers provided by the Albergo del Senato?  or any central Rome hotel?  Good idea or bad idea?

On 10/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

During Booking, they offer an airport pickup and transfer directly to the hotel for 65 euros.  While obviously more expensive than the train and taxi, this sounds pretty tempting given my long trip.  

It's just as easy to grab a regular taxi at 50 euros (fixed rate) into town. Have used it numerous times to the Albergo del Senato. Just be sure to mention you want the fixed rate. 

The taxi stand is right outside Terminal 3 which is where you'll end up after picking up your luggage exiting the customs area. It could not be easier unless someone had a litter with four handsome toga-clad Romans waiting for me in the luggage area....   (And actually, that would take wayyyy too long to get into the city. 🤣)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 6:15 PM, IndyCapt said:

For anyone familiar with Hotel Navona (cruisemom ?), when I inquired with the hotel staff about whether their location was accessible for our car service to drop us off at the hotel, they said “no, we’re in the LZT (?) limited traffic zone”. Any insight on approx how far away we’ll need to be dropped off with luggage for the walk to the hotel?

Thanks 

To answer my own question: turns out no issue at all for the car service (Rome Cabs) to drop us off directly in front of the hotel door and do the same when they picked us up for the trip to the port. Maybe we just lucked out or the hotel staff was misinformed. 

On 10/26/2022 at 1:37 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Sorry, I was traveling and just got home a couple days ago. It sounds like the hotel thought you were asking about driving your own car to the hotel, rather than a car service. Glad it was sorted with no problems.

Yes, afterwards I wondered the same thing. We loved our time in Rome (hotel location was perfect). Hope your travels were enjoyable! Thanks