New Rules for Bermuda Cruise passengers. Aka this will affect my Beyond cruise in October

mfs2k

1 hour ago, Texed said:

The itinerary for Apex October 29, 2022 transatlantic has been changed.

In what way?  According to your Roll Call, the only change is a one-hour later arrival to Ponta Delgada.  Is there something of relevance to the change in a thread discussing updates to the Bermuda Travel Authorization rules? 

BERMUDA HAS CORRECTED ITS RULES FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS.

THEY HAVE REMOVED THE FOLLOWING:

Fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 2 days before arrival, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

All changes on August 22 now apply only to UNVACCINATED passengers.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

Fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 2 days before arrival, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

But the mid page summary table, which is the easiest way to decipher the rules still hasn't been updated for unvaccinated passengers. It still only shows the rules for unvaccinated passengers ages 11 and under says nothing about unvaccinated passengers age 12 and up, the group that is being allowed to cruise to Bermuda for the first time on August 22.

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

But the mid page summary table, which is the easiest way to decipher the rules still hasn't been updated for unvaccinated passengers. It still only shows the rules for unvaccinated passengers ages 11 and under says nothing about unvaccinated passengers age 12 and up, the group that is being allowed to cruise to Bermuda for the first time on August 22.

I believe they are taken care of in the top section, but agree, they need to rewrite the whole thing along with a new summary table.

5 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

I believe they are taken care of in the top section, but agree, they need to rewrite the whole thing along with a new summary table.

Yes they are taken care of in the verbiage above, but the summary table is a lot easier to understand and it's what I always point to when someone has a question.

One other item that needs to be clarified. Is the new proof of insurance rule for the unvaccinated also going to apply to those 11 and under or just 12 and above? 

Edited by njhorseman

34 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Yes they are taken care of in the verbiage above, but the summary table is a lot easier to understand and it's what I always point to when someone has a question.

They absolutely need to re-do that entire page.   They've turned it into a confusing mess, as some of the page only applies to the rules as of August 22, and some of it doesn't (although it's clear that many folks don't understand that).    And I agree with you that the summary table is the most helpful.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bookitdanno said:

Two days before arrival won't solve the problem for our repo from Boston - Miami.  We can't get to Bermuda in two days from Boston.  I suspect that Celebrity will simply cancel that port.  I can promise you they won't want to test everyone on board.  On the spring repo, they completely rearranged the itinerary to get to Bermuda in two days to avoid all that nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Two days before arrival won't solve the problem for our repo from Boston - Miami.  We can't get to Bermuda in two days from Boston.  I suspect that Celebrity will simply cancel that port.  I can promise you they won't want to test everyone on board.  On the spring repo, they completely rearranged the itinerary to get to Bermuda in two days to avoid all that nonsense.

Maybe I wasn't clear. The testing for vaccinated cruisers is back to two days before embarkation, as originally was. I am on the same Boston-Miami repo.

1 hour ago, bookitdanno said:

The chart has always said that for fully vaccinated passengers where arrival is 4 days or more after embarkation but it also says that those same passengers need a negative test taken 2 days before embarkaton - so still 2 tests for the TA cruises.  

18 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Two days before arrival won't solve the problem for our repo from Boston - Miami.  We can't get to Bermuda in two days from Boston.

No, but you can get there within FOUR days of Boston, which is how that reads (and has read for quite some time now) per the chart.

"Cruise voyage where ship takes 4 days or less to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation port"

includes no mid-cruise testing 2 days before arrival.  You'd only need to test for the Boston embarkation.

• Like 2

OK, so for those of us on a TA from Europe, the requirement for all passengers to be tested within two days of landing has not changed. Bermuda has just opened up to unvaccinated passengers with restrictions (compared to previously being closed to unvaxed passengers.)

Do I have that right?

We are on the Silhouette TA out of Southampton which has an overnight stop in Bermuda. Celebrity has known since at least May that our cruise would require them to perform supervised tests of all passengers two days before arrival in Bermuda. That is still the case. So this latest change should not cause Celebrity to cancel this port. Am I missing something?

Just now, GRBlizz said:

OK, so for those of us on a TA from Europe, the requirement for all passengers to be tested within two days of landing has not changed. Bermuda has just opened up to unvaccinated passengers with restrictions (compared to previously being closed to unvaxed passengers.)

Do I have that right?

Yup, that's the size of it.  Those of us vax'd folks on WB TAs this Fall with stops in Bermuda are still - for now - going to need a proctored test in Europe (not a DIY, thanks to Bermuda) before boarding, and a proctored test again within 2 days of arrival in Bermuda.  Nothing new in the new 'news' for us.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

It looks like it now stops in Nassau not  Bermuda

Somebody’s confused, I’m on that cruise and it has always stopped in Nassau. Don’t quote me, but I think it’s the Edge TA that is supposed to stop in Bermuda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

In addition to the transatlantics we are also talking about the Summit repositioning from Boston to Miami, leaving October 15 arriving in Bermuda the 17th. If the current wording is correct,  we vaccinated folks will have to test either boarding day or first sea day. (1 or 2 days before arrival). Maybe in addition to being tested before embarkation? Personally,  i hope celebrity simple cancels Bermuda from the itinerary.  It's a lot of hassle for a 6 hour stop. 

This change will not affect anyone on the the Summit October 15 sailing as long as they are fully vaccinated.   I'm on the Summit sailing as well and went to the Bermuda Travel Authorization site to check the wording.   The language was also posted at post 61 of this thread.

So long as the ship reaches Bermuda within the first 4 days of the cruise, your pre boarding testing is acceptable to Bermuda so long as you are fully vaccinated.   Only difference is for non vaccinated guests.

1 hour ago, nikel said:

I am on the 2023 Apex TA and it has a stop in Bermuda AND Nassau.

Hokay, sorry, 2022, if Bermuda keeps those protocols through the 2023 TAs, those stops may well be cancelled! I’m on the Oct 2022 sailing, booked for almost a year, no Bermuda since I booked - I would have loved a Bermuda stop, but not with all this hoopla!

9 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Hokay, sorry, 2022, if Bermuda keeps those protocols through the 2023 TAs, those stops may well be cancelled! I’m on the Oct 2022 sailing, booked for almost a year, no Bermuda since I booked - I would have loved a Bermuda stop, but not with all this hoopla!

Some say Bermuda is doing these special processes for a money grab of $40 per passenger. Others say it’s just to protect their residents on a small island from disease from  swarms of tourists. 
Doesn’t the Bermuda cruise season end in November anyway for the winter?  They’ll have until March/April to decide if they want to relax the rules further. 

As it's now August 22, Bermuda has updated its Travel Authorization web site to reflect the new rules effective today and removed the older, confusing language.  Now, everything is in one place.  Here's the updated web page:

Also, for those on the westbound fall transatlantics (and anyone else on a sailing that takes more than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda), see this language under the section for "Testing Requirements on the Ship"

"If your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda, passengers wishing to get off the ship in Bermuda must take another supervised COVID-19 test on board, no more than 2 days before arrival to Bermuda. This test may be used by unvaccinated passengers to get off the ship in Bermuda." [emphasis added]

I read this as allowing pax on a such a cruise who decide they don't want to be tested on board to just decline the ship-board test and not get off in Bermuda.  I don't think Bermuda has ever made that clear before.

15 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

As it's now August 22, Bermuda has updated its Travel Authorization web site to reflect the new rules effective today and removed the older, confusing language.  Now, everything is in one place.  Here's the updated web page:

Also, for those on the westbound fall transatlantics (and anyone else on a sailing that takes more than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda), see this language under the section for "Testing Requirements on the Ship"

"If your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda, passengers wishing to get off the ship in Bermuda must take another supervised COVID-19 test on board, no more than 2 days before arrival to Bermuda. This test may be used by unvaccinated passengers to get off the ship in Bermuda." [emphasis added]

I read this as allowing pax on a such a cruise who decide they don't want to be tested on board to just decline the ship-board test and not get off in Bermuda.  I don't think Bermuda has ever made that clear before.

If I am reading this right which I might not be, even if your vaccinated you have to have a test to get off the ship while the unvaccinated don't if they don't want to get off the ship