Parking at Port Canaveral

handbellplayer

2 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

Try doing cruise time parking& shuttle.   Exceptional company.  They run all day and are very reasonable.   They were there waiting for us when we got off early from the ship.  

https://www.cruisetimeparking.com

Love your avatar!  Reminds me of my DD's cat Boris.  Sorry the pics are on their side.

Boris.jpg

Boris and girlfriend.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

Thanks Ninjacat!   She’s senior Russian Blue from a rescue.  Her name is Stevie Nicks.  😎

Boris is a rescue as well.  He is probably 3 years old and we think some Russian Blue and some cotton candy.  He is a sweet boy!🥰

PS Love Stevie Nicks.  Great name!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

We will be sailing out of PC on the Magic for an 8-day cruise, departing on a Saturday.  We plan to park at the port for the first time in a long time.  How hard will it be to get a parking spot on a Saturday since I assume most departures are on Sundays?

PC parking is one of the easiest we have ever experienced, easy and direct in and out. 

6 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I do have to say, it's possible to get in the wrong cruise line for parking.  I've done this twice at PC.  Oops!

Oh funny, when we drove in there was a gentleman pointing to the entrance, I guess that helped us, ha!

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Something I like about PC parking is that you pay when you enter unlike PortMiami where you pay when you leave. Arrivals arrive over a period of many hours so it's spread out but in Miami, everyone wants to leave around the same time so the lines to pay to leave are LONG.

You are correct on most of the terminals like  terminal 1 but terminal 5 for Mariner is pay when you leave which causes a backup. Suppose to be converted when thay get the equipment but time unknown

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 10:13 AM, villager70 said:

You are correct on most of the terminals like  terminal 1 but terminal 5 for Mariner is pay when you leave which causes a backup. Suppose to be converted when thay get the equipment but time unknown

We're on Jewel out of T5 in Nov and I had read that they have machines that you pay at before you get in your car when I was trying to find info.  Or do you pay as you exit?  I've searched for photos, videos, etc, but nothing.

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2022 at 11:25 AM, BND said:

We're on Jewel out of T5 in Nov and I had read that they have machines that you pay at before you get in your car when I was trying to find info.  Or do you pay as you exit?  I've searched for photos, videos, etc, but nothing.

How did this work out for you?

They still had the same pay as you leave  at terminal 5 a few weeks ago for mariner. They are some signed that say you can pay in advance at a machine but haven't found them in the last six visits there . All traffic has to exit  the same three lanes coming off the ramp in the garage and the big holdup is the 3 toll collection machine. In the last few weeks they have placed several more attendants that walk back through the exit line with portable scanners and you can pay and  show your receipt. Only a few minutes backup the last visit.

• 3 weeks later...

When we arrived at T5 on Nov 6 at 11 am, the parking garage was completely full so they directed us around to a side lot that filled up quickly so they directed us around again to park along the fence line outside that small lot.  It was right next to the exit for T5 so easy out. We prepaid for 13 nights (b2b)because for us outside the garage they were taking payment.  When we had turnaround on Nov 13, the parking garage had spaces and our car was sitting where we left it (it wasn't actually a parking spot lol) as we could see it from the ship.  When the ship left on 13 Nov, we could see our car and only one other in that area.  When we returned this past Sunday, we walked right out of the terminal, turned right and walked 100 feet or so to our car where there were a few cars parked.  Last year on HOTS, we had to park outside the garage because it was full so we've decided for any future cruises out of PC, we're going to park offsite and shuttle. Oh, the reason we were told the parking garage was full on Nov 6 was they were expecting 700 cars for Mariner, but 1100 showed up.  We were on Jewel and it was the first cruise out of the US, so only a small portion of the cars in the garage on Nov 6 were for Jewel. The rest were for Mariner.

OP here.  We ended up parking at Park and Cruise.  I worked out well for us.  It was cheaper and they dropped us right at the terminal entrance.  It turned out to be a REALLY good decision because their was a problem at our departure terminal, so we had to disembark at a different terminal.  Everyone who had parked at the terminal  parking garage had to take a bus to their cars.  Initially there were not enough buses and we heard that it took some people HOURS to get to their cars.  

We will definitely use Park and Cruise again.