Caribbean 2024

Squire5000

1 minute ago, KAKcruiser said:

It's hard to believe that HAL does not have a schedule yet for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Caribbean cruises.  Is it possible that they think not releasing the new schedule will help them fill the ships on the current schedule?

I was thinking they don't want to make promises they won't be able to keep - as in some of their ships won't be around then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAKcruiser said:

It's hard to believe that HAL does not have a schedule yet for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Caribbean cruises.  Is it possible that they think not releasing the new schedule will help them fill the ships on the current schedule?

You might be correct. 

16 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Caribbean now posted on HAL website.

KAK - let us know when Spring 2024 Mexican Riviera cruises are posted!  If there's a solar eclipse cruise I might book it immediately!

I was surprised to see the Rotterdam is doing the Panama Canal as I thought the Pinnacle Class ships, or at least the Koningsdam, wouldn’t fit through the canal due to the positioning of the lifeboats.  I assume they corrected this, at least with the Rotterdam or did they correct with the Nieuw Statendam as well or did I mis-understand all together??🤔

Thanks…..

11 minutes ago, doone said:

I was surprised to see the Rotterdam is doing the Panama Canal as I thought the Pinnacle Class ships, or at least the Koningsdam, wouldn’t fit through the canal due to the positioning of the lifeboats.  I assume they corrected this, at least with the Rotterdam or did they correct with the Nieuw Statendam as well or did I mis-understand all together??🤔

Thanks…..

Is is the old locks or the new ones?

10 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Rotterdam, like N. Statendam, were modified to fix the problem Koningsdam has. But they will need to use the new locks. They are too wide for the old locks.

Thank you…..disappointing, wish they kept the Eurodam sailing the old locks….

Edited by doone

The 2023 Holiday cruises are indeed on the HAL website, but haven't been loaded onto the major TA website yet.

I just did a mock booking for a 14-day Christmas cruise.  I want an inside cabin, and was surprised to see all the forward inside cabins labeled as Sold Out.  I don't want to be forward, but it makes me wonder why they're all sold out.  

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Rotterdam, like N. Statendam, were modified to fix the problem Koningsdam has. But they will need to use the new locks. They are too wide for the old locks.

That may explain why the port fees have increased to much - the new locks cost more.  We're paying $430 in Nov/Dec 2022 (Eurodam) and the Rotterdam in Nov 2023 is $560 per person.

Sue/WDW1972