Getting from Newark airport to Brooklyn cruise dock

Atlantic Canada

We are sailing from New York’s Brooklyn pier in November and have friends who are flying into Newark and will meet us at the pier. Other than the Princess transfers which are now $100. per person they are looking for another option. 

They aren’t really fans of Uber so can anyone suggest another option for them. I was thinking a taxi. Can anyone recommend a taxi and give me an idea of what it would cost so that I can pass it on to them? Any information and/or suggestions would be appreciated 

Taxi or Princess transfer. Taxi probably cost less for two people. You pay for the ride plus the tolls. Tolls are around $25. Depends on the route. Some taxis may not be able to make this trip as it is interstate New Jersey to New York. Ask the dispatcher. Ride may take 35/40 minutes up to a few hours depending on the day of the week and time of day. If time is short, Princess transfer is the way to go as the ship will wait for the bus to arrive. 

Curious as to the price of $100 per person for the Princess transfer from Newark Airport to Brooklyn Terminal as we have cruise booked with those transfers from Newark Airport to either Brooklyn or Manhattan (99.9% it will be Brooklyn) on 9/20 and again on 10/10 thru Princess and it is $39 per person.  I know prices go up and with the fuel costs, etc but that is an awfully big jump from $39 to $100 - did a travel agent tell them that or is that from the Princess site thru their booking??

2 hours ago, bobloblaw007 said:

Just yesterday, I was also given the $100 number by my TA for transportation between the cruise terminal and the airport, but it is round trip price.

Thanks for the link for Carmel Car Service, the price looks great!

I have used Carmel many times for work travel and they are great

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

How do you arrange time for pick up, allowing for plane arrival time, getting baggage etc.? Where do you meet Carmel?

You can call them or they will call you if you book online. Give them your arrival time. When you have your luggage, the driver will have called you and he will be waiting and describe the location . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eclue said:

You can call them or they will call you if you book online. Give them your arrival time. When you have your luggage, the driver will have called you and he will be waiting and describe the location . 

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, will give them a try.

Just make sure your expectations are realistic.  Except due to a stroke of luck you won't be riding in a limo, SUV or luxury car. Your vehicle is likely to be an ordinary small sedan similar to what you would get when booking UberX. 

• Like 1

I hated Carmel Limo.  Dirty car, terrible driver (unprofessional, talked on his phone the entire time, wearing dirty and torn clothing among other things).  Car smelled of smoke and urine, worst 40 minutes of my life from Manhattan to JFK.  They're on my never use again list.  Dial 7 is another option for car services.  The car I had was a beat up Prius.  I complained, they refunded me a whopping $5.