Anyone else checking Royal Caribbean daily???

I’m still checking on RCI website daily to see if they are updating their policy and getting onboard like Carnival with the unvaxxed sailing and loosening up on the testing for the vaccinated. They still have no updates for the ports that depart from the East Coast. C’mon Royal..this is ridiculous!!!

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't need to.  

All of my friends here on CC are very quick to post an update like that.  😉 

That’s so true!! 😆 

But then I’d have to scroll around. I have RCI policy update on a speed search on my phone. 😝 

Although I prefer sailing RCI I got tired of waiting for them to update their unvaxxed policy and booked Carnival for me and my granddaughter. I’m wanting to book more and was hoping RCI would have updated by now. 😔 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

That’s so true!! 😆 

But then I’d have to scroll around. I have RCI policy update on a speed search on my phone. 😝 

Although I prefer sailing RCI I got tired of waiting for them to update their unvaxxed policy and booked Carnival for me and my granddaughter. I’m wanting to book more and was hoping RCI would have updated by now. 😔 

I agree with Pats (island lady) thinking.  Unfortunately nothing to update. No news is always not good news. We have a cruise with Celebrity on 21 September and planning on taking the home proctored test using the at no additional charge govt issued iHealth test kits. Ordered more last week and receive them (8 kits total) today. PITA, but...

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

That’s so true!! 😆 

Sadly, you have to monitor the island policies as they change as well. I got the email below from Bermuda this morning. As someone from another thread mentioned, sounds like the change is in response to recent cruise line policies for unvaccinated guest. 

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Unfortunately nothing to update. No news is always not good news. We have a cruise with Celebrity on 21 September and planning on taking the home proctored test using the at no additional charge govt issued iHealth test kits. Ordered more last week and receive them (8 kits total) today. PITA, but...

It’s looking like I’m going to need to order more test kits also. 

I lost the link. Do you have the link by chance?

1 minute ago, treehugr said:

Sadly, you have to monitor the island policies as they change as well. I got the email below from Bermuda this morning. As someone from another thread mentioned, sounds like the change is in response to recent cruise line policies for unvaccinated guest. 

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

My thought on this is if Carnival is not having a problem updating their policy for their East Coast departures then RCI shouldn’t have any problems doing the same. They can leave their Bermuda policies as they stand or drop them…whichever. Bermuda shouldn’t be holding up the process. 

• Like 1

You can also use the tests the Govt. tests and use one of the proctors that has been mentioned for $20.

If RCI still needs a test to sail on the Wonder TA in Oct. from Barcelona, I’m taking my last Emed test and a govt. test for backup.

58 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I’m still checking on RCI website daily to see if they are updating their policy and getting onboard like Carnival with the unvaxxed sailing and loosening up on the testing for the vaccinated. They still have no updates for the ports that depart from the East Coast. C’mon Royal..this is ridiculous!!!

Check Daily for price reductions. Most to all Vax/Testing requirements will end soon 

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

My thought on this is if Carnival is not having a problem updating their policy for their East Coast departures then RCI shouldn’t have any problems doing the same. They can leave their Bermuda policies as they stand or drop them…whichever. Bermuda shouldn’t be holding up the process. 

Couldn't agree more with you. This latest change from Bermuda adds an additional layer / requirement for unvaccinated travelers, requiring them to produce travel insurance with covid coverage for all. This is for all sailings after 8/22/22. First, this is just another additional expense one has to incur, and second, how would one obtain such insurance if they find themselves with a sailing in the near future?

5 minutes ago, treehugr said:

Couldn't agree more with you. This latest change from Bermuda adds an additional layer / requirement for unvaccinated travelers, requiring them to produce travel insurance with covid coverage for all. This is for all sailings after 8/22/22. First, this is just another additional expense one has to incur, and second, how would one obtain such insurance if they find themselves with a sailing in the near future?

Exactly, it is over the top with Bermuda, seriously. Additionally, they are holding up the process for the other islands in the Caribbean when it comes to RCI ships. 

16 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Check Daily for price reductions. Most to all Vax/Testing requirements will end soon 

Same here and to see if my bid was accepted!!!!!!!!!!!  So far my original fare for Odyssey cannot be bested $1407 Balcony after one price adjustment.  Closest I've seen so far is in the $1600s.  I still say it pays to book early.  Again THANK YOU Merion Mom

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Same here and to see if my bid was accepted!!!!!!!!!!!  So far my original fare for Odyssey cannot be bested $1407 Balcony after one price adjustment.  Closest I've seen so far is in the $1600s.  I still say it pays to book early.

My Odyssey booking is still $900 over what I paid. 

1 minute ago, rrraydon said:

My Odyssey booking is still $900 over what I paid. 

It started out at $1960. Then thanks to Merion Mom, adjustment went down to $1405!!!

The Grandeur bid is for the same amount we paid on an interior with no window up to a Spacious Oceanview with huge window.

19 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

It started out at $1960. Then thanks to Merion Mom, adjustment went down to $1405!!!

The Grandeur bid is for the same amount we paid on an interior with no window up to a Spacious Oceanview with huge window.

Are you on the Odyssey 15 day sailing for next October?

I check every day for price reductions.  After the SAME advertised $ off and kids sail free that has been on for ages, I got $300 off our ocean view,  But then that caused us to bump up to the best normal balcony for $600 more haha

fingers crossed that others are deterred from booking and that makes sales better soon! Haha