Ship to ship to shop

RoePost

Sailing in Nov on 3 cruises b2b but different cruise lines all from port of Miami Symphony OTS last one.  Any ideas for best way to get from one pier to another.  Taxis will frown on such a short fare so not sure best way to do this. 

16 minutes ago, RoePost said:

Sailing in Nov on 3 cruises b2b but different cruise lines all from port of Miami Symphony OTS last one.  Any ideas for best way to get from one pier to another.  Taxis will frown on such a short fare so not sure best way to do this. 

Ask on board.  There are usually crew shuttles that they will let you board. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RoePost said:

Taxis will frown on such a short fare so not sure best way to do this. 

Dangle a ten spot in front of the cabbie, and if that doesn’t work pull out a 20.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

We've done this in the past, no problem. There should be a shuttle service for cruise passengers that runs between the different piers / terminals before going into Miami. Ask for directions to the shuttle stop & schedules at the terminal itself once you have disembarked, they  have more accurate info than on the ship.

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/directions-transportation.asp

Miami Trolley stops at the Port
The Miami Trolley stop signs are easily identifiable by the round palm tree logo. Please make a note of the destinations at each stop:

• PortMiami North stop: Terminal B, Terminal C, Terminal D, Terminal E, Terminal F, Terminal G, Terminal H, Port Miami Administrative Building, Port Miami Garage
  • PortMiami South stop: Terminal J, Royal Caribbean Corporate Office

For real-time travel information, please visit the Miami Trolley website.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoePost said:

Uber will do it for $10.  When I was on Jewel last time a bunch of people got off at the wrong terminal and took Uber for $10 to the right one. The trolley is free but you might have to wait a while. 

I didn't know know about the trolley service at the time, but in June I walked from terminal d to freedom at terminal a.

It isn't really intended to be walked and I didn't know what to expect but it was actually very walkable. Probably about 15 minutes tops and only need to play frogger in traffic once and the oncoming traffic has a stop sign so crossing is no problem.This was in the heat of summer and I'm not in great shape. 

Probably not an option if you have kids with you or mobility challenged people in your party but other than that definitely doable if you don't want to wait on the trolley. I probably wouldn't try to walk much further than terminal d though.