earliest flight from Rome if ship arrives at 5 AM

renji

15 minutes ago, Baseball fan said:

I am looking at a 1pm flight from Rome (FCO) to The US (connecting in LHR).  Is that too early on disembarkation day?  Will either the ship offer transfers or am I better off booking a private transfer.  It will be a Monday.

thank you

Did you read the thread?  We had an 11am flight and made it.  We booked with Rome cabs.  We were at the airport in 45 min. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Did you read the thread?  We had an 11am flight and made it.  We booked with Rome cabs.  We were at the airport in 45 min. 

Thanks.  Yes, I did read it but the opinions weren’t too clear.  I am able to do self disembarkation so can get off the ship early.  What time did you schedule RomeCabs for pick up?

1 hour ago, Baseball fan said:

Thanks.  Yes, I did read it but the opinions weren’t too clear.  I am able to do self disembarkation so can get off the ship early.  What time did you schedule RomeCabs for pick up?

6:45.  We were off the ship at 6:30.  We were in a suite, so we went to Michael's club( Reflection) and left through the secret door.  We carried off our own luggage.  We shared a cab with a couple who were in a regular balcony cabin.  The retreat host let us bring them to Michael's club to disembark with us. 

• 1 year later...

Moving this thread forward we will be on a cruise scheduled to arrive in Rome on Monday 11/4/24. I’m thinking about an Aer Lingus flight departing FCO at 11:35 AM (FCO-DUB-IAD) Just my wife & I and we will be ready to get off of the ship as soon as we are allowed and would use pre-arranged private transportation to the airport. I realize that a later flight would be more practical but I’m seeking opinions of those who have done this before, especially on a weekday. I have no idea of the traffic or other issues in this area that may prevent us from making it.

Mark

11 minutes ago, markel201235 said:

Moving this thread forward we will be on a cruise scheduled to arrive in Rome on Monday 11/4/24. I’m thinking about an Aer Lingus flight departing FCO at 11:35 AM (FCO-DUB-IAD) Just my wife & I and we will be ready to get off of the ship as soon as we are allowed and would use pre-arranged private transportation to the airport. I realize that a later flight would be more practical but I’m seeking opinions of those who have done this before, especially on a weekday. I have no idea of the traffic or other issues in this area that may prevent us from making it.

Mark

Did you look through the thread? We made it in plenty of time for a 1030 flight.

1 hour ago, markel201235 said:

Mark

Not normally a problem.  Over the years we have posted (many times) that we feel very comfortable with flights as early as 11, and a little less comfy with flights as early as 10.  Having a private transfer (we recommend Romecabs.com) makes it quite easy.

Hank

3 hours ago, markel201235 said:

Mark

You have plenty of time for your 11:30 flight to Dublin.  Ask for an 8 am pickup.