Side trips and transfer companies like this one?

Markanddonna

We came across a perfect solution as we move around Europe. This company will take us from Prague to Budapest  and stop onroute at three wonderful towns I was hoping to see anyway.  It is like killing four birds with one inexpensive stone!  Are you aware of any companies like this in other countries? The price is between $79- 89 pp, so reasonable?  https://www.sidetriptours.com/

Prague to Budapest
  • Leave from Prague at 08:00

• Stop 1: Brno

df25496f16bbab113bd99f1ad418762b.jpg
    1d0c196b004892b858f0fabb384241b9.jpg

We arrive in Brno just in time for lunch. After enjoying a refreshing meal, discover the fascinating stories of the city and if you’re lucky, meet the Dragon of Brno.

Read more
  • Stop 2: Lednice Palace

6f6ad0edf9c77c03fbf85d72849b3dfa.jpg
    bdb8f293e534b0b3ce43f0fb4c9ede7c.jpg

We have a chance to admire one of the former summer residences of the royalty of Liechtenstein, the Lednice Palace and Gardens.

• Stop 3: Bratislava

We walk around the beautiful medieval Old Town of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.

• Stop 4: Györ

e6b24e2962ba29befa96b313bb081da6.jpg

We stroll around the fairytale-like Baroque Old Town of Győr and discover its narrow streets and beautiful views.

Read more
  • Arrive at Budapest at ~20:00

This tour offers hotel drop-off for private bookings. Please provide your preferred drop-off location when making the booking.

It sure looks like a fabulous idea for folks who like to be in a small tour group.  Please post the result.  While DW and I still prefer to rent our own car (gives us complete flexibility) I can see the wisdom of this concept.  

Hank

Great idea and seems like a great price.  We have a train booked from Porto to Lisbon.  I have no idea if something like this exists for that route, but wish I had looked first.  

• 3 weeks later...

We have frequently used shoretrips.com with great success, though that domain now leads to Venture Ashore, so I don't know if they were bought out or what.  We use almost exclusively private vendors, and have had great success looking on the Ports of Call section of CC, and reading a lot about each port.  You cannot put too much faith in a single post, but if you read a lot of posts about a port, you will get a good feel for which companies provide the best services. 

I, for one, would appreciate hearing how your experience with sidetrips works out.

We've been on many non-ship excursions that offered an excellent tour for a great price.  Sure, some are better than others but we really have been lucky not to have a bad. one.  A little research, especially on port of call boards, or your roll call, usually turns up some great options.

This one looks great!