Sirena at PortMiami: Typical embarkation/debarkation times?

MarkWiltonM

We are in a B2 cabin on Sirena departing PortMiami on Friday, 11/18 and returning Monday, 11/28. In order to plan our travel connections, I would like to know the approximate times we will be able to check in on 11/18 and the earliest and typical time(s) we would be able to disembark on 11/28. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We are in a B2 cabin on Sirena departing PortMiami on Friday, 11/18 and returning Monday, 11/28. In order to plan our travel connections, I would like to know the approximate times we will be able to check in on 11/18 and the earliest and typical time(s) we would be able to disembark on 11/28. 

Within several weeks of embarkation, you’ll have to “check in” on your O web account where you’ll select a boarding time. 
Check your O invoice for the scheduled arrival time at the end of the cruise. Before that day, you’ll receive a form regarding your preferred disembarkation time and circumstances.

• Thanks 1

Ask your TA or Oceania directly about recommended flight times.  Getting aboard took us almost a couple hours in May on Marina but that was then and Covid and we were in a PH. If they are still scheduling boarding appointments, then you will be given your window.  We found people did not pay attention to the appointments and arrived as always.  If you want leisurely, let the masses Board and set an appointment after 1:00, you won’t miss a meal.

Disembarking can be a bit if a challenge because The ship has to be cleared by  Security in the port and it has taken us up to 1.5 hours to get that clearance, then it is your taxi or whatever arrangements you have made.  Normal disembarkation is in a color coded system based on the information you provide Destinations when they are creating the exit queue. 8:00 is an expected start time but be flexible. 
You can get out of the queue and leave immediately after the ship arrives and set up to disembark guests by hauling your own bags off the ship, no night before placing bags in the hallway required. 
Whatever you do, leave yourselves plenty of time for the HICCUPS that always come. 
Enjoy, Mauibabes 

• Thanks 1

usually everyone is off by 9 -9:30 am  depending on if Immigration is on time  they start disembarking about 7-8 ish

Pre covid  Lower cat could board about 1 pm

IME

We usually go about 2 pm no fuss  by then

If staying in a hotel they will usually hold our bags after check out time  so we enjoy last min shopping  & lunch before heading to the port

YMMV

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We are in a B2 cabin on Sirena departing PortMiami on Friday, 11/18 and returning Monday, 11/28. 

Wife and I are, too. B2. Same voyage: "Enticing Caribbean". We're flying down on Wednesday 16th and flying out Tuesday, 29th. Hate to have to worry about missed flights, delays, rushing to or from airport. We play it safe, not sorry. But that's just us.

On Riviera 12/21 Miami to Miami we set up a 30 minute embarkation window in advance with O. We did an A4 then and checked in around 1115. That was SOP then, when they had the tent outside and did the pre-cruise COVID testing. Currently from their SafeSail page: 

• We’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation process and new check-in system to streamline check in for guests by allowing documents to be signed electronically.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the Priority Terminal check in is being honored currently as one of the Oceania Club perks? I know there's some people eligible for it that have cruised lately. 

I can’t say what the practices are for Miami, but will say I was completely shocked boarding my first O sailing on Regatta in April in a PH.

None of the priorities or practices described on the website, brochures or checkin packet was true.  No staging by boarding time, no priority given to suites or PH, no regard to O status.  Just a two hour line standing in the beating sun going through endless document checks and rechecks, 6 passport checks, 4 Covid test checks, 3 vax card checks, two credit card swipes, probably the least organized / most duplicate boarding process ever.  

We sail again on April 9 and are aiming to reach the terminal at 3:00 hopefully hours after everyone else has piled aboard.  Don’t believe a word O says aboard boarding priority or practices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

I can’t say what the practices are for Miami, but will say I was completely shocked boarding my first O sailing on Regatta in April in a PH.

What port  was embarkation?

I think some ports  are still in the covid  check in stages for embarkation ..I could be wrong

My first Marina cruise (pre covid) very relaxed, terminal check in and separate queues for suites and everyone else. Was a breeze and very easy. 

Post covid in March on Sirena was sit and wait, do some documents, get to ship, do more check in in the lounge, was ordered but long (or I was very impatient to get onboard!). We were pleased when we did our check in to the muster station and were then released to do what we wanted. 

Marina in April was covid check at the port, then onto the ship then 3 different decks to do all the check in procedure - difficult, hot and overly complicated. Pushing my mum in her wheelchair with carry on (we did have someone help us along) didn’t help. 

Maybe it was because Sirena in Barbados doesn’t do embarkation very often (apart from P&O where it is chaos all the time) and Monte Carlo where they also don’t do embarkation too often. 

Sirena was better. I really hope Riviera in December from Miami will be easier still, but I have never cruised from Miami with O (NCL a very very long time ago). 

Atm I do think maybe arriving early will be better. I will happily schlep carry ons around and sit at Waves (Cuban sandwich - I am coming for you).

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

We sail again on April 9 and are aiming to reach the terminal at 3:00 hopefully hours after everyone else has piled aboard.  Don’t believe a word O says aboard boarding priority or practices.

It is a long established fact that many of Oceania’s passengers totally ignore their assigned boarding times and show up early at the port. By facilitating those passenger practices, the issues are magnified during times such as now.

Our next cruise embarks in Bilboa. The ship is currently waitlisted full.

We will enjoy the multiple sights of the city and show up at the latest possible scheduled boarding time. We feel fighting the early onslaught is foolish. The ship’s food may be good, but it’s not that good! Certainly not good enough to stand in long lines for.

4 hours ago, jondfk said:

None of the priorities or practices described on the website, brochures or checkin packet was true.  No staging by boarding time, no priority given to suites or PH, no regard to O status.  Just a two hour line standing in the beating sun going through endless document checks and rechecks, 6 passport checks, 4 Covid test checks, 3 vax card checks, two credit card swipes, probably the least organized / most duplicate boarding process ever.  

Wasn't this Tahiti? No Terminal there. Big difference between what happens there and what happens in Miami.  I doubt you'll see those kinds of issues next month. 

32 minutes ago, ORV said:

Wasn't this Tahiti? No Terminal there. Big difference between what happens there and what happens in Miami.  I doubt you'll see those kinds of issues next month. 

Tahiti was particularly bizarre. People came to the pier at 07:00 thinking they could get on board, have breakfast, and lay by the pool! 😂

We left the ship at 08:45 and caught a taxi to our hotel. 200+ people lined up down the street waiting to board and the charter flight hadn’t landed yet., which would bring more people in. It’s overwhelmingly obvious some people love waiting in long lines . 😳

4 hours ago, ORV said:

True, no terminal in Papeete. Still, there was no effort whatsoever to organize folks by scheduled arrival time and I doubt there will be any effort to do so in Los Angeles (or Miami) next month either.  

O had maximum control of Papeete arrivals since nearly everyone (though not we) arrived on one of two O flights, had O hotel arrangements, or both.  Logically, they could have dispatched busses from the Intercontinental by boarding times, with a bit of spacing between busses.  

• Like 1

Am on that cruise too. This is busier than the Roll Call. We will be in Miami two nights so no particular stress with times. Evening flight home so a HotelfortheDay room. I could never fly in on the morning. Only time I ever stress is travelling….

Usually cruise with Celebrity and have usually slowly walked straight on with brief checks. Even with the post covid cruises. I have been onboard sipping bubbly within 45 minutes of getting a taxi too from home too😀. Lots of waiting and Qs with RCL and Marella😦

21 minutes ago, jondfk said:

True, no terminal in Papeete. Still, there was no effort whatsoever to organize folks by scheduled arrival time and I doubt there will be any effort to do so in Los Angeles (or Miami) next month either.  

O had maximum control of Papeete arrivals since nearly everyone (though not we) arrived on one of two O flights, had O hotel arrangements, or both.  Logically, they could have dispatched busses from the Intercontinental by boarding times, with a bit of spacing between busses.  

Last time I went out of Miami, pre-covid they did have some people they weren't allowing to check in until their assigned time. Have no idea what to expect in the future. 

• Like 2