unsuperized self test?

39august

I just did my first self test to see how it works. There is no date involved.  So how will X know I have taken it within the 3 day window, please? These are the free tests from the government. Obviously, we can take a photo which will display the date. But curious would they accept a test result that showed no date? And I believe the test itself can be shown if not a photo. Also, in that case, there is no date displayed. 

Edited by 39august

41 minutes ago, 39august said:

I just did my first self test to see how it works. There is no date involved.  So how will X know I have taken it within the 3 day window, please? These are the free tests from the government. Obviously, we can take a photo which will display the date. But curious would they accept a test result that showed no date? And I believe the test itself can be shown if not a photo. Also, in that case, there is no date displayed. 

Curiouser and curiouser...said Alice...

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

You could as easily swizzle the swab around in your ear and test that.  Same basic principle applies. 🤪

“Hold On!! That’s an ear hair, Not a nose a hair in the middle of the test!!”…..”I don’t understand!!

den

• Like 1

On the box, there is a way to log on and get your data entered.i did a practice one ( I test twice a week for work) it makes a nice clear print out with your data, the date and what you declare as your test results.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tmc1512 said:

On the box, there is a way to log on and get your data entered.i did a practice one ( I test twice a week for work) it makes a nice clear print out with your data, the date and what you declare as your test results.

May I have the name of the product ?

There's no way to date for a self-test, it's on the honor system, trusting that most people would care enough to do a current test for their own protection and those of others, and to not travel if they're positive.  Even in the past, anyone with a little photoshop skills could change the date on a past test for any cruise, and it's not like the people going through documents for thousands of people at the pier are on the lookout for forgeries. The current Canadian requirement for Arrivecan is also a formality that as far as I know is never actually checked by Canadians in Victoria, and some freak out if they can't get it done on the ship, while others simply ignore it and have no problem. On my Solstice sailing a few weeks ago was upset because nobody checked her Arrivecan code, while the exit in Victoria was clogged with people fumbling for a mask because of a sign saying to put on a mask for the 10 second walk through the empty building. It's a transition period now, just as there was one for masks, so there will be confusion and fear ("oh no, is that loud person on my elevator unvaxxed? must hold my  breath and wear my K95 by the pool, just in case"). 

4 minutes ago, verizon said:

May I have the name of the product ?

Binax now has an app where you self report. It gives you a very nice screen to print screen. It has the date and time that you self report, your name and whatever results that you self report.

Ridiculous new test procedures. Watch all the careless-don't Care about fellow humans --scam their tests. Then watch cases go way up, cruise lines get in big trouble again, and we start this all over again. 

Come on people do the right thing! 

• Like 3

Isn’t it lovely….we use to see all the posts about how to sneak booze and wine on, now we get posts on how to sneak Covid on. 

Just lovely. So glad ‘we’ are helping all those who couldn’t figure it out themselves. 

Den

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Maybe some of you haven’t noticed in the message sent out today, but Celebrity  has done done wordsmithing about what happens when you contract Covid onboard.  From now on, it’s all yours baby!  Celebrity will provide options, but your wallet will be the one opening up, not theirs.  All in all though, it’s about time!

• Like 1

I have a feeling that self testing will end one of two ways.

1. Optimist me wants to think that regardless of how much cheating there is, there won't be a surge in case numbers and we continue on.

2. Pessimist me sees a scenario where there is enough cheating that results in an surge in case numbers and the cruise lines are forced to go back to proctored testing in order to protect their business.

In either case, the days of the cruise line footing the bill for quarantine are over. We have 3 cruises lined up over the next 15 months and plan on being on all 3 of them.

Edited by cdn_tbird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gpnfish said:

Maybe some of you haven’t noticed in the message sent out today, but Celebrity  has done done wordsmithing about what happens when you contract Covid onboard.  From now on, it’s all yours baby!  Celebrity will provide options, but your wallet will be the one opening up, not theirs.  All in all though, it’s about time!

unfortunately there are a lot of selfish people out there. I expect a lot will suffer from those that fake tests because of there conspiracy theory beliefs or just not wanting to be inconvenienced and others will die or suffer for it.

Edited by scottsla
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Tmc1512 said:

Binax now has an app where you self report. It gives you a very nice screen to print screen. It has the date and time that you self report, your name and whatever results that you self report.

I will try that.Thanks

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Isn’t it lovely….we use to see all the posts about how to sneak booze and wine on, now we get posts on how to sneak Covid on. 

Just lovely. So glad ‘we’ are helping all those who couldn’t figure it out themselves. 

Den

Denny, it all has been on the honor system since proctored tests came into existence.  

• Like 1

Think we have missed something here, so supervised tests are no longer needed? If that is the case then even as UK citizens we can just bring our own and use that up to 3 days before we board?

Just seen on the celebrity site that starts 5 September which is no good for us as we sail Monday, shame but hey ho. Back to plan A which is to find somewhere to test in Orlando on Friday 😒

18 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Just seen on the celebrity site that starts 5 September which is no good for us as we sail Monday, shame but hey ho. Back to plan A which is to find somewhere to test in Orlando on Friday 😒

https://www.orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/travelsmart/

you will find testing site info within the link above. Easily get tested right at the airport 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Denny01 said:

“Hold On!! That’s an ear hair, Not a nose a hair in the middle of the test!!”…..”I don’t understand!!

den

I told my doctor about a problem I was having. My head was sucking in the hair on top of my head and pushing it out my ears. He diagnosted it as A.G.E related.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

I told my doctor about a problem I was having. My head was sucking in the hair on top of my head and pushing it out my ears. He diagnosted it as A.G.E related.

I’m even more acute; my hair is also being pushed out of my nose!! Dr said it was advanced A.G.E. And there was No Cure…except No Know What!!  

Den