Well have you booked ?

Bin man

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

The current prices and OBC offerings are poor. This will have to change when energy costs and everything else goes up. Bargains galore next year.

Or they could  reduce capacity by accelerating any plans that they have to get rid of the older smaller ships.  I hope that they don't do this because I think that there is definitely a need for smaller ships.  l don't particularly want to go on the mega ships and I think that there are probably a lot of other long time cruisers who feel the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

To some of us they start at silly sums 🙂

Just a matter of doing the sums, and making sure you are comparing like for like.

But obviously,  cruising on a ship with less than 1000 pax is always going to be more expensive than on a mass market line.

Just been emailed that the current special offer (Britannia cruises) ends today so assumedly something new starts tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see if there are price cuts or extra OBC again, especially to move the remaining 2022 itineraries.

Also very quietly without fanfare today the terms on denied boarding have changed and FCC for being unable to travel due to having covid or a contact have indeed disappeared. New terminology:

What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 before my holiday? 

We’re unable to accept guests who, within 10 days prior to the cruise, have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. If you’re impacted by this, you would need to call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8003 (local call charges apply) and not travel to the terminal/airport.

As travel insurance, including cover for COVID-19, is a requirement of sailing please contact your travel insurance provider at your earliest convenience to claim for any associated loss if you’re unable to travel. The booking confirmation issued at the time of booking serves as proof of the holiday cost. We encourage you to keep hold of all booking documentation to assist you with your claim. If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us or your travel agent. 

On 9/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, Megabear2 said:

Just been emailed that the current special offer (Britannia cruises) ends today so assumedly something new starts tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see if there are price cuts or extra OBC again, especially to move the remaining 2022 itineraries.

Also very quietly without fanfare today the terms on denied boarding have changed and FCC for being unable to travel due to having covid or a contact have indeed disappeared. New terminology:

What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 before my holiday? 

We’re unable to accept guests who, within 10 days prior to the cruise, have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19. If you’re impacted by this, you would need to call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8003 (local call charges apply) and not travel to the terminal/airport.

As travel insurance, including cover for COVID-19, is a requirement of sailing please contact your travel insurance provider at your earliest convenience to claim for any associated loss if you’re unable to travel. The booking confirmation issued at the time of booking serves as proof of the holiday cost. We encourage you to keep hold of all booking documentation to assist you with your claim. If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us or your travel agent. 

I have to say I am quite pleased about this as it is another signal we are moving on. I phoned P&O the other day and the recorded message was saying the cancellation policy has now returned to normal.

I waited until the testing requirements and mask wearing were removed and now am very happy to be cruising again in 3 weeks time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, happy v said:

I have to say I am quite pleased about this as it is another signal we are moving on. I phoned P&O the other day and the recorded message was saying the cancellation policy has now returned to normal.

I waited until the testing requirements and mask wearing were removed and now am very happy to be cruising again in 3 weeks time.

Hope you have a great time.

Also this, 

All holidays from 6 September 2022

There are some changes to our vaccination policy, and in addition self-testing prior to travel has changed from ‘mandatory’ to ‘highly recommended’ for vaccinated guests on the majority of P&O Cruises holidays.
Some cruises have enhanced testing requirements due to the length of cruise, ports of call, or the ship’s onward destination. Only guests sailing on these longer, or more complex itineraries, will be required to have an observed or in-person lateral flow/antigen test and provide a fit-to-travel certificate before departure.

Please note, we have only categorised cruises departing in September 2022 at this stage

To see which category your cruise falls into, please check your cruise number below. We have only categorised cruises departing in September 2022 at this stage. The vaccination and testing policy for cruises departing from October 2022 onwards will be published in the coming days and we will be communicating these requirements to any booked guests to confirm.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:28 PM, Megabear2 said:

I'm on that one.  I noticed nearly every aft cabin on all decks except 12 are currently available.  Was beginning to think they weren't in use but realise now that savers are only offering forward and mid forward/mid aft cabins.  My guess is they'll mainly go to deck 8 until the last minute.  

As I want to see Mr Barlow if possible I'm happy if she's not full up as it gives me more chance in the raffle!

Hubby and I also on this cruise, also hoping to see Mr Barlow, me more than hubby.

• Like 1

Again great news, all restrictions are soon to disappear and we will be pretty much back to Pre Covid conditions.

Cannot wait, we booked another cruise last week, we are both unvaccinated, cust service accepted our booking on those terms and said by time cruise was due it would have been long since removed as a condition of travel, things are updating fast and to keep an eye out for any further updates.

Edited by Chrisdriving

20 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Again great news, all restrictions are soon to disappear and we will be pretty much back to Pre Covid conditions.

Cannot wait, we booked another cruise last week, we are both unvaccinated, cust service accepted our booking on those terms and said by time cruise was due it would have been long since removed as a condition of travel, things are updating fast and to keep an eye out for any further updates.

I hope it works out for you but customer services should not be preempting what may or may not happen in the future. 

• Like 4

On 9/8/2022 at 7:03 PM, Amelia Noylam said:

Hubby and I also on this cruise, also hoping to see Mr Barlow, me more than hubby.

We were on Iona, 8th October. Olly Smith was on board. Rebooked for 2nd October on Britannia,  shaun the sheep is on board. Fair swap. IMHO.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We were on Iona, 8th October. Olly Smith was on board. Rebooked for 2nd October on Britannia,  shaun the sheep is on board. Fair swap. IMHO.

Absolutely.  We love Shaun the Sheep - we tape them and watch a few from time to time.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

And I imagine you will still be quarantined if you get Covid on board.

Difficult one that, I wonder what will happen regards quarantine.  Even when quarantine cabins are not needed, you could still be expected to quarantine for a period in your cabin, just as has always been expected for norovirus.

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

And I imagine you will still be quarantined if you get Covid on board.

Well they're certainly still relocating passengers on upcoming cruises to free quarantine cabins.  

I also wonder what would happen with the non vaccinated if they moved a port at last minute.  For instance we just had Agadir added to one cruise and Morocco still require a full three vaccinations to enter.  Assumedly once the unvaccinated are onboard if such a move was required either the port would be lost, the passengers couldn't get off or they'd have to undertake testing onboard as per Morocco's requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tring said:

Absolutely.  We love Shaun the Sheep - we tape them and watch a few from time to time.

Difficult one that, I wonder what will happen regards quarantine.  Even when quarantine cabins are not needed, you could still be expected to quarantine for a period in your cabin, just as has always been expected for norovirus.

Shaun and Bitzer sit under our telly. Olly Smith although quite entertaining and knowledgeable,  don't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well they're certainly still relocating passengers on upcoming cruises to free quarantine cabins.  

I also wonder what would happen with the non vaccinated if they moved a port at last minute.  For instance we just had Agadir added to one cruise and Morocco still require a full three vaccinations to enter.  Assumedly once the unvaccinated are onboard if such a move was required either the port would be lost, the passengers couldn't get off or they'd have to undertake testing onboard as per Morocco's requirements.

I must admit I fail to see why any cruise line would allow unvaccinated passengers. The downsides in terms of reducing port alternatives, plus the extra medical care that unvaccinated passengers may require, surely outweigh the benefit of allowing a small number of people to start cruising again.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Has P&O actually stated the unvaccinated will be allowed on board soon?

See post #34 Chrisdriving.  Apparently he has booked as unvaccinated. He said previously he sailed Princess this year and had 2 P&O booked. He does not say elsewhere if this new one is P&O and seems mainly to have been active on Princess.  Strangely old posts are all about wanting a vaccine! Make of it what you can.

Edited by Megabear2

Just now, Megabear2 said:

See post #34 Chrisdriving.  Apparently he has booked as unvaccinated. He said previously he sailed Princess this year and had P&O booked.

Thanks. Seems to me like a customer service agent is guessing what is likely. I'll wait for official confirmation before booking further cruises.

Wouldn't touch a Princess cruise anyway after the debacle I had getting a cancellation refund.

• Like 2