What do you choose for your first embarkation lunch?

zhuangcorp

1 minute ago, KroozNut said:

Same exact menu every day? I didn't notice that..

Yup, the same.  Some have reported even less on the menu called and express menu although I haven’t seen that.  I think someone “may” have posted the express menu because it was pretty tiny but I can’t remember when.  I have zero luck  when I search for things on here.

32 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

No it’s not.  I hope the file I’m attaching here will work ok.  There is a veal Kroket that I feel is similar but it’s not the same 

76AEF802-8595-4903-BC39-8F89EB6F7417.png

Thanks for the correction.  It was offered in the MDR at some point.   Though I love the sweets in Dutch Cafe I don’t eat meals there, I just don’t like the ambiance for a meal.  I know I am being picky but I am happy others enjoy it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Yumm!! 😋

Even enlarging it to 500%, the light colored printing is impossible for me to read.  

I wonder if the other poster is thinking that the menu does not change from one embarkation day to another?  If so, I think that has been an issue for some time.  But, as I tried to express, my most recent pre-Covid cruises, I have seen some variation.  One item that seems not to change is the Fig/Goat Cheese Salad as a First Course option.  OK, but, not my preference: "Time after time".

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Dutch Cafe I don’t eat meals there, I just don’t like the ambiance for a meal.

Understand.  Fine dining, it is not.  An upscale version of a fast food establishment.  For embarkation day, it's OK and something better (for me) than the chaos of the Lido or the line/long wait at Dive-In.  One of the reasons that I like the New York Deli and Pizza on the Pinnacle Class ships.  It's "out of the way" and the newbies to the ship have probably not discovered the venue.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks for the correction.  It was offered in the MDR at some point.   Though I love the sweets in Dutch Cafe I don’t eat meals there, I just don’t like the ambiance for a meal.  I know I am being picky but I am happy others enjoy it 

I’ve sailed with hal regularly for 20 plus years, usually a couple times a year.  Any opportunity I have to eat in the mdr I take.  I’ve never seen it on the menu so it must have been a very small window that it was offered.  I’m ok with the Dutch cafe.  I just don’t like the lido.  I’ve never tasted any of the sweets there.  The only other place I’ve seen bitterballen is at cocktail parties but that’s been many years gone.

24 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Even enlarging it to 500%, the light colored printing is impossible for me to read.  

I wonder if the other poster is thinking that the menu does not change from one embarkation day to another?  If so, I think that has been an issue for some time.  But, as I tried to express, my most recent pre-Covid cruises, I have seen some variation.  One item that seems not to change is the Fig/Goat Cheese Salad as a First Course option.  OK, but, not my preference: "Time after time".

Understand.  Fine dining, it is not.  An upscale version of a fast food establishment.  For embarkation day, it's OK and something better (for me) than the chaos of the Lido or the line/long wait at Dive-In.  One of the reasons that I like the New York Deli and Pizza on the Pinnacle Class ships.  It's "out of the way" and the newbies to the ship have probably not discovered the venue.  

Sorry I can only work with what was given.  I’m not a systems guru so it’s above my pay grade.  I don’t understand your comment about the menu changing/not changing.  It used to before Covid.  It no longer does no matter if it’s embarkation, Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday.  There is no fig goat cheese salad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

NY pizza is also on the Signature Class ships. Love their pizza! 🙂

• Like 1

Apparently, I'm just going for the pieS.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:39 PM, ACorgan said:

I thought I remembered someone raving about the peanut butter pie at the Lido on embarkation day? I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list to look for on my next cruise

On 8/24/2022 at 12:57 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Lido for Key Lime Pie, There was a time they served this in the MDR as well for Embarkation Lunch but that stopped when cruises returned last July. Usually the Embarkation Day Key Lime Pie puts the Pinnacle Grill Key Lime Pie to shame.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Cheeseburger and French fries

Nothing wrong with that!  

22 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There is no fig goat cheese salad.

Thank goodness!  I have consumed enough of this First Course!  

On 8/24/2022 at 6:59 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

No it’s not.  I hope the file I’m attaching here will work ok.  There is a veal Kroket that I feel is similar but it’s not the same 

76AEF802-8595-4903-BC39-8F89EB6F7417.png

That’s the same menu posted in the Navigator, so they must be the same on all the ships. Thank you for posting it!

I’m on the Zaandam next, and that crispy cauliflower dish and tomato bisque soup sound delightful for lunch!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

That’s the same menu posted in the Navigator, so they must be the same on all the ships. Thank you for posting it!

I’m on the Zaandam next, and that crispy cauliflower dish and tomato bisque soup sound delightful for lunch!

No problem, actually that's where I got it from was navigator.  This was the menu that was on the koningsdam and I've seen it posted by a few others as well so I'm assuming it's fleet wide except for the dreaded "express" lunch which I haven't seen thankfully.