Does HAL permanently sail out of San Diego?

zhuangcorp

10 hours ago, zhuangcorp said:

Couldn't you also just park in some random neighborhood and catch a Uber to the cruise terminal?

I wouldn't do that.  The nearby neighborhoods (I live in one) are very sensitive to long term street parking - mostly due to the airport.  As stated above, parking is 72 hrs max and neighbors will report your car using the "Get It Done" App.  It will be a very expensive lesson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDARCH said:

I wouldn't do that.  The nearby neighborhoods (I live in one) are very sensitive to long term street parking - mostly due to the airport.  As stated above, parking is 72 hrs max and neighbors will report your car using the "Get It Done" App.  It will be a very expensive lesson.

I mean maybe not near the the inner city, but somewhere in a peaceful family neighborhood. It would just look like somebody parking their car in front of their own house. 

1 hour ago, zhuangcorp said:

I mean maybe not near the the inner city, but somewhere in a peaceful family neighborhood. It would just look like somebody parking their car in front of their own house. 

As I wrote in my prior post, the city of San Diego is huge. See map below. You can’t park in any “peaceful family” neighborhood for 72 hours straight without getting a ticket or towed. Many people DO report violations when they see a car in front of their house.

Coronado has their own parking restrictions and it’s very difficult to get a spot there on a good day. If you left your clear in National City (I don’t know parking restrictions there), there’s a good chance it will be stripped before you got back. 

0F597397-E55E-481F-A926-694EA7B52121.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zhuangcorp said:

Bad idea all around...would you want a bunch of random cars parking in your peaceful neighborhood/front of your house for a week or two?

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, dockman said:

Bad idea all around...would you want a bunch of random cars parking in your peaceful neighborhood/front of your house for a week or two?

Even worse idea, since the car likely won't be there when they return..

6 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Even worse idea, since the car likely won't be there when they return..

If by any luck it is still there, it will be missing a catalytic converter and possibly a couple of windows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PSDottie said:

What is the earliest time to book air going home on Koningsdam?

You are going home on Koningsdam? Lucky you!

11am to be safe. You could probably go as early as 10am if you can carry your bags off and grab a cab. But you need to be aggressive about moving along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KroozNut said:

We always park at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside hotel right across the street from the cruise terminal. Reasonable rates and quite convenient..

so do they have or  any of the hotels have " park and fly" deals? That way I can stay the night before too and free park *legally* 🙂

I have just confirmed 16 days of parking at the Wyndham Bayside for my B2B for $25/day or $400+$2 fee. Yikes! But, to stay the night was going to be $411 and only included 7-days of parking. Several of the hotels with long-term parking found on 

https://www.sandiegocruiseshipparking.com/

Did not let you stay over New Years Eve! That was no good for me as we will be in Cabo that night! So I stopped looking and just snapped up the Bayside...

ETA, we will stay the night or two before at friends in Orange County and drive in early.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

so do they have or  any of the hotels have " park and fly" deals? That way I can stay the night before too and free park *legally* 🙂

We stayed at Humphrey’s Hotel on Shelter Island a few years back and they had a stay and park deal then we Uber/Lyft to/from the ship.  Very close and Shelter Island has fun restaurants and beautiful view of the bay and marina.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, crystalspin said:

I have just confirmed 16 days of parking at the Wyndham Bayside for my B2B for $25/day or $400+$2 fee. Yikes! But, to stay the night was going to be $411 and only included 7-days of parking. Several of the hotels with long-term parking found on 

https://www.sandiegocruiseshipparking.com/

Perfect will check out. Ideally some place with a shuttle too..

22 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

Perfect will check out. Ideally some place with a shuttle too..

Don't need a shuttle to the port if staying/parking at the Wyndham. The hotel is literally right across the street from the cruise terminal... a short walk.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Don't need a shuttle to the port if staying/parking at the Wyndham. The hotel is literally right across the street from the cruise terminal... a short walk.

Perfect. that's what I do with PHX  airport park and rides. Saves a lot $$$.

I don't think Seattle had that option so I went with an airport hotel there. They messed up with room/shuttle avail. so we got a free LyftXL to Pier 91. Good to hear that's a another + in SAN