Visa required in Egypt?

hmatt

There is much discussion about this on the roll call.  Here is what my TA sent me, but everyone has a different story.

As of right now (and once again, something that could change), Azamara has stated:

EGYPT - REQUIRED - MULTI-ENTRY - needs to be secure by guest before the cruise - online electronic Visa option - $60

https://visa2egypt.gov.eg/eVisa/Home

JORDAN - REQUIRED - will be secured by Azamara on guest's behalf - should any cost be incurred will post as charge on shipboard account

OMAN - REQUIRED - will be secured by Azamara on guest's behalf - should any cost be incurred will post as charge on shipboard account

ISRAEL - NOT REQUIRED

UAE - NOT REQUIRED

Azamara is supposed to be sending out info about this direct to guest.

And I got a different answer from Azamara and so did someone else on the roll-call. I’ve done Athens to Dubai with Azamara 3 times previously and have never got a visa myself.

Here is what Azamara told me this time - 

Egypt
Most guests are provided with a Quick Trip Visa on-board the vessel which is valid for 72 hours and allows entry to Egypt.  This service is available to citizens of the UK, US, Canada, European Economic Community, Scandinavian countries, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.  Please note this service is not available to Israeli citizens or those listed in the attachment.”

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I've arrived by cruise ship into Egypt by cruise ships a few times and have never needed to get one myself.  It was handled by Azamara.  My understanding is that if you arrive by air directly into Eqypt then you'll need one.  Otherwise if it's just a cruise stop and providing you leave within 3 days then you don't.  But with all things like this I'd take my steer from Azamara directly.

Phil

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, I've arrived by cruise ship into Egypt by cruise ships a few times and have never needed to get one myself.  It was handled by Azamara.  My understanding is that if you arrive by air directly into Eqypt then you'll need one.  Otherwise if it's just a cruise stop and providing you leave within 3 days then you don't.  But with all things like this I'd take my steer from Azamara directly.

Phil

And make sure when getting that steer you tell them what country your passport is from. Not everyone has US passports and not every country requires non US passport holders to get visas when requiring them from US holders. 

• Like 1

I enquired by email re: visa for our Egypt stop in Nov and the reply was:

"Thank you for contacting Azamara. We trust this email finds you well.

Azamara will assist with the visa upon arrival. Should you have any lingering questions please feel free to phone 1-888-532-5828 or from the UK 0344-493-4016 and any of our agents will gladly assist.

Susan, once again we warmly thank you for choosing Azamara and being a part of our family. Be safe and take care of one another."

• Like 1