Carnival Attestation Form

A cruising friend, whom I am staying with in France, has a Pacific Christmas cruise booked for this year. Today she received an email from Carnival saying that she has 48 hours in which to complete a vaccination attestation form. Has anyone come across this before?

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

A cruising friend, whom I am staying with in France, has a Pacific Christmas cruise booked for this year. Today she received an email from Carnival saying that she has 48 hours in which to complete a vaccination attestation form. Has anyone come across this before?

The Princess and P&O ones we have used are on the site used by each of those cruise lines. With Princess is on their Medallion app and with P&O on VeriFLY. Attesting is simply ticking a box that is a legal statement. On Princess and P&O, we have to attest to our health status and also that we have taken a RAT test within 24 hours of the cruise and that it is negative.

I don't know what Carnival is using. Because they aren't cruising in Australian waters yet, it is unlikely any of us would have have to use their system. All I can suggest is that your friend look at her booking on Carnival's website. I am sure it will indicate what she has to do.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know what Carnival is using. Because they aren't cruising in Australian waters yet, it is unlikely any of us would have have to use their system. All I can suggest is that your friend look at her booking on Carnival's website.

I am sure it will indicate what she has to do. She is aware of what she had to do  when she booked but it seemed strange to her to suddenly receive this demand with 48 hour deadline when cruise is not until Christmas.

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I am sure it will indicate what she has to do. She is aware of what she had to do  when she booked but it seemed strange to her to suddenly receive this demand with 48 hour deadline when cruise is not until Christmas.

It is about declaring she is a valid passenger. In place at present is the 95/5% rule with vaccinations. They don't know how many of the 5% that can be booked until they know who is in the 95%. If they leave it too late, it will be a mess if 20% of the bookings are from unvaccinated passengers.

You would recall that with Medallion, there is the health section where you initially had a multiple choice question about your vaxx status. This is pretty much the same. Also for P&O, there was a similar page to complete on their personaliser. I expect if she logs onto her cruise on Carnival's website, that form will be there to complete online.

• Like 1

I got the exact same email from Carnival yesterday, for my Splendor booking.
I just went in to Manage my booking and made sure all the Vaccination stuff was done and it seems to be all good.
Basically the email was sent to EVERYONE currently with a Carnival Booking for this year because they need people who are applying for exemptions, to do it NOW. These are vaccinated voyages and they need to evaluate the 95/5 rule. 

• Like 1