EDocs and Luggage Tags

ScottC4746

15 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

My cruise is next Friday and still don't have Edocs or luggage tags available to print.  Should I panic yet?

Have you called Celebrity or your TA? Once you are logged into your CP, click on "view boarding pass/edit check in". See if "view luggage tags" appears under "view Xpress pass". If all else fails you can get the luggage tags from the porters.

22 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

My cruise is next Friday and still don't have Edocs or luggage tags available to print.  Should I panic yet?

Have you signed in to My Cruises to see if they are attached to your file there.

otherwise I would be calling to find out what is going on,

18 minutes ago, If only said:

Have you signed in to My Cruises to see if they are attached to your file there.

otherwise I would be calling to find out what is going on,

I just called and she said the edocs and tags should have been available 30 days prior.  She is sending an email to some department to fix this and she said check back in 24 - 48 hours.  If not call back.  Tags I can get from the porters if they don't show up.

Another reason I would NEVER book directly again is she tried to offer me an upgrade to a retreat suite.  I mentioned that I believe this is not a revolutionized ship and there is no retreat area on the outside deck.  She assured me that it was.  I pulled up the deck plan and asked her what deck it was.  She told me and I saw nothing.  She put me on hold and then came back on and said she checked with her supervisor who said that I (the customer) was correct.  Should they know what they are offering before they offer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

It happens sometimes and is no big deal.  Even if you call and they say they will email, you may not get in time.  If you can print your boarding pass you're good, if you can't even get that then you should call.

I have my express pass or Xpass or whatever they call it.

I received my docs 30 days before the cruise..and I booked directly with X... I would call.  You don't need them if it is on your app...but..things happen and I like to have hard copy. Last cruise..which I booked and used my credit card ..etc...when we showed up ..they had my husband in the system..but not me. We had to go to the counter to straighten things out... now I didn't actually need the hard copy..but as I panicked..I had the comfort of having additional proof that I was supposed to be on the ship. Turns out I was on the ships database..but somehow not on whatever system they had at the terminal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

still don't have Edocs or luggage tags available to print.  

First, you don't need eDocs.

Second, you don't need bag tags---they are easily added at the pier.

No need for panic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DShier1a said:

Do we have to print the xpress pass...or just having on the phone okay?

Phone is fine, but I've found the printout to be far more convenient at present (due to also shuffling around vaccination and test stuff).  I tried all that with the phone, and it was a big hassle. 

Paper also is more reliable, but that's a different issue.  

3 hours ago, DShier1a said:

Do we have to print the xpress pass...or just having on the phone okay?

Phone is fine. Xpress pass goes into your wallet, open your test result if you need it, swipe, done. Couldn't be easier and you'll pass by the ones thumbing through their 3 ring binders looking for documents. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Phone is fine. Xpress pass goes into your wallet, open your test result if you need it, swipe, done. Couldn't be easier and you'll pass by the ones thumbing through their 3 ring binders looking for documents. 

Or pass the ones fumbling around with their phones trying to bring up the required documents. I have both printed and on my phone. Printed Xpress pass and vaccination card are all together with my passport. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Having tried it with paper and with the phone, I'll take the paper every time.  It's a few sheets clipped together and stuck in my passport.  Hand it over, and you're done.

• Like 3

This might be a dumb/easy question but it's been a while... the xpress pass, do you get an actual plastic card thing when you get onboard or do you have to use either your phone or a flimsy bit of paper that you've printed at home...or do you even need the xpress pass once onboard/what's it used for? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, OysterD said:

This might be a dumb/easy question but it's been a while... the xpress pass, do you get an actual plastic card thing when you get onboard or do you have to use either your phone or a flimsy bit of paper that you've printed at home...or do you even need the xpress pass once onboard/what's it used for? 

Thanks!

Commonly referred to as "SeaPass Card". 😉

Edited by davekathy

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Commonly referred to as "SeaPass Card". 😉

And the screaming from parents to their kids on the last night when they get the bill, "You had how many sodas?!?!  You had how much ice cream sundaes?!?!?!"  Or the spouses, "You spent how much in the shops?!?!?!  You had how many drinks?!?!?!?!  You gambled how much?!?!?!?!"